SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
halyna_stafford

Variegated Minneola fruit comparison

Here are two fruits from one tree which is a Minneola tangerine variegated. The leaves on this Minneola are white/green. Last year I found one branch with light green/green leaves and the fruit was dark green without stripes. I picked the fruits today to compare and show you the difference.
The variegated Minneola has variegated fruit. It starts yellow with green stripes. When the fruit is ripe the green stripes turn orange. In comparison to the variegated the non variegated fruit is a bit bigger in size, the skin is thicker a bit and loose, which makes it easier to peel. The taste of both minneolas is excellent (my favorite tangerine) only the non variegated one was slightly sweeter. The little one in the middle is a Centennial kumquat and it's pretty big in size, so you can see how big are those two minneolas. By the way, nothing like the store bought Minneola tangerines. Also, you can see seeds in both tangerines. Usually they are seedless but my Minneola trees are surrounded by other citrus trees and they are pretty close to each other, so they cross pollinate.

Comments (4)