SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
permanposies9afl

Some color on a gray day

From my window, I could see little bits of color, and wanted to share!

Brightside Cream, about to flush again

Monsieur Tillier, looking a bit bluer than she is, but so gorgeous!

Crepescule, about to flush heavily!

Comments (74)

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    5 years ago

My Mrs BRC also will need more space. She stayed fairly small until I put her in the ground Now she is stretching herself way out horizontally. She is onlt about 5ft tall but much wider but not really full yet. She has her canes reaching into other roses and the Salvias I have behind the roses.

I am growing Amistad and Love and Wishes Salvias near her. They didnt freeze back this year so are easily 5.5ft tall and 6ft wide, maybe more on the L♡ve & Wishes. There is Evelyn on one side of Mrs BRC then Rosette de Lizzy after that. Someone is gonna have to get moved lol. Im just hoping to hold out another year then I will just dig them up when I move lol.

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
  • Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Good to know about Amistad salvia...I’ve got a very innocent looking 1gal to plant...how long has yours been in the ground?

I hate to hear that your moving, Sultry, after all that you’ve grown? I hope lots of stuff is in pots. Did you say you were moving south? More opportunity for more tropicals, I guess? :-)

• Related Discussions

Some bright colors to brighten your winter days

Q

Comments (7)
    How beautiful, Xuan! They have become immensely popular here too, as nothing blooms as fantastically over our hot Summer months. My neighbours next door have an impressive fuschia colored one climbing their house facade and it sure provides a burst of color during the dog days of Summer. I like that you have combined two colors together, very beautiful. Eduarda
    ...See More

Some Color For A Cloudy Day

Q

Comments (1)
    So beautiful :-)
    ...See More

Help! First time using FL washer - some colors are now gray

Q

Comments (2)
    Hi britishcolumbia.... Before you did this load....... have you done a sanitize cycle WITHOUT laundry or detergent?? 70C is WAY too hot to wash colored cotton.... I use 40C warm on Normal cycle with Persil Color for those items.... And how much Persil you use? I use no more than 22ml for full load with my W4840... And I've the EXACT same soft water as you do since I'm living in lower mainland... :)
    ...See More

Another day, another gray....family room makeover with pics

Q

Comments (28)
    Thanks everyone! I'm still loving this color and think Rockport is definitely my favorite of the grays I've done thus far. rmkitchen, I guess the Rockport looks lighter on the exterior? Chardie, I would love to see your stairs! caminnc, can't wait to see your dining room! Mush, that's the color combo I am going for. Cream sofa, tan drapes. I want to add a bit more turquoise and a splash of orange with pillows and accessories. Maybe next month! catkin, I'll try to post some tomorrow. We've been out of town and I'm on the wrong computer. In the meantime, you can probably find photos by searching my name and the colors I've used. Here is a link that might be useful: Here's my foyer
    ...See More
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

It will be south not sure where yet. We've been checking out areas. We were originally going to move to Sarasota when we first came to FL but ended up in NE FL.

Anyhow, the Amistad has only been in the ground a year :) It was in a pot before that. It gets full sun most of the day. I got all the 'Wish' series Salvias last year. Wendys Wish is still in a pot. I don't know where to put it yet since they get so big! They get bigger here than the tags say.

The bees have been loving the salvias since they pretty much bloomed all winter. We have a carpenter bee couple who think the Amistad is all theirs. They mated on it and are guarding it lol. Every time I go out to water it, one buzzes right over to see that I'm not doing anything untoward to their salvia.

The males have a lighter colored square on their faces ( note the male below on the female's back)..the female has an all black head.

Males don't sting but may bump an intruder to let them know who's boss. None have bumped me by the salvia yet.

• pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

SJN, LOVE your bee couple pictures and what a sweet story about their salvia non-sharing ways :)

Perma, I almost ordered Brightside Cream from ARFR when I saw it was in stock last week...very healthy sounds great, but 10 ft in first year is larger than I have a place for right now unless I do some rearranging :(

Jin, Maggie was unfortunately a BS disaster here. Hoping she is healthier for you!

All in warmer climates than me, beware MBRC's mature size. Here are two pictures of mine from summer of 2017...she's even bigger now

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

Nooo don't say that about Maggie lol. She has been on my list forever. Maybe I will let Jin grow her awhile and see what she says first about how she tolerates FL before I order her, haha.

There must be something about Amistad that makes critters & roses frisky..first Mrs BR Cant, now its the Carpenter Bees!

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you, Sultry! What fun to have a bee couple to look after! That’s great news since I have so many bees already. Glad to hear they’ll enjoy the salvias too.

Pat, your Mrs. BRC is stunning! I’m thinking I need to go move her now, lol!

My BC is right under a rain gutter downspout, which might be why she grew so fast. I have to move her because she’s too tall for this location, but she doesn’t seem to mind trimming...she just keeps blooming every time I cut her! She’s also got almost no thorns, so I think she’s an all-around great rose. Not sure why she isn’t more popular? Maybe the light fragrance? I have so many with a strong fragrance that I’m okay with a few with light to no fragrance, but know that could be a deterent for some. I noticed Reverance has her in stock now, too, so maybe more folks will have the opportunity to grow her now. :-)

5 years ago

Perma, the Amistad roots very easily as well. Fallen branches root on the ground during the rainy season. You can move the rooted ones and end up with several plants lol.

Pat, Your MBRC is breath taking! How old is it now? How big is it? I love MBRC because she smells like candy!! ♡♡

Does anyone have Duchess Brabrant? Are her growth habits and shape similar to MBRC? Does she bloom a lot? I'm wanting to add another lighter pink tea rose.

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Don’t have DB, but my little Maggie has been very clean.

When I saw a DB in bloom here, it was several shades lighter pink than Mrs. BRC. I think maybe it fades a bit more here? That’s what I really appreciate about Mrs. BRC; she’s a bit darker pink than many of my others. She’s really a unique color in my garden. :-)

• pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

SJN, I think I've had my MBRC around 6 years now, but those pictures were from 2017 and she was way taller than me even then. I would say she's at least 10 x 10 now and would most likely be bigger in your zone. I trim her backside a good bit throughout our season to keep her out of my brother-in-law's yard, and prune her other three sides a foot or two each spring. I don't prune her height at all since it would require a ladder and I'd be apt to fall off into her..lol. She has one of my very favorite fragrances!

I love my Duchess de Brabant. A good bloomer with wonderful tea scent. Sometimes her early season blooms will ball a bit, but overall not an issue for her. She's much smaller than MBRC in my garden, but died to the ground during one of the polar vortex winters a few years ago when she was still young to start with. She's come back beautifully, but I'm not sure what her mature size will be since she had to start over. Here are two pictures of her from 2017 (sorry I wasn't able to take many garden pictures last year due to caring for my mom). I also posted a picture of Perle d'Or from May of 2016...you can see poor DdB behind PdO her second year after dying back to the ground...that little twig in back left of the photo, but blooming nonetheless :) She took off again later in 2016 and is now probably about 4 1/2 ft tall and 5 ft wide.

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    5 years ago

Pat, what lovely roses! I love the whole plant shots.

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

These are gorgeous roses, and I also love the photos of the whole plants...so helpful to folks like me who are putting them in the ground just now. Thank you!

Your setting is so beautiful, Pat! I imagine it must be so lovely to stroll amongst so many roses in bloom! :-)

5 years ago

Pat thanks so much for posting those! DdB is so lovely. I like the lighter shade of pink with those big cupcake flowers! Just the look I want.

Perle d'Or is also lovely. I like those peachy blooms!

• pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

Thanks rose friends! My purpose of posting the PdO pic was to show how quickly DdB grew from the little twig behind PdO in the pic from spring of 2016 to the bush shot I posted of DdB from summer of 2017...BUT PdO is a GREAT rose here! Not always that peachy, but almost always in bloom, very healthy no spray, stays a reasonable size and smells delicious. Let the enabling begin ;)

Here's a better bush shot of PdO from April of 2017...you can see still little, but progressing DdB to the back right of PdO and part of monster MBRC to the back left of PdO

and a PdO glam shot where she is pinky peach in the heat of August

• Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    5 years ago

Thanks Jasmin but don't forget I am not the only one who has Maggie. Ii will be your test subject....lol
    I took foliage pics...the worst ones I can find. you can see a few BS but when rainy season comes it might get worst. We have the ultimate conditions for BS..rainfall and humidity.
    I do have Perla D' Or and also Dutchess de Brabant.
    Dutchess is great so far in disease resistant but Perla can go up and down Bec their foliage is like a nest...together. Hopefully that will change since the are babies compare to Pat's.
    Pat your roses are gorgeous. I hope to remember to give Perla some space.
    I did not get a chance to see my rose bed. I can see that I need to do weeding over the weekend.
    First 2 are Maggie. DB, Ducher, DB again.
    I just saw buds....on Dutchess de Brabant. DB is about 4 ft tall by 3.5 ft wide.

jin

Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    5 years ago

Jin all your roses are coming along so nicely. You are a naturally talented rose grower! Yes Fl can be very challenging for black spot. So many bugs here too lol.

5 years ago

Distant Drums today

Molineux starting to bloom

Angel Face today

5 years ago

I got 3 Evelyn bare roots from DA in Jan and potted them up. They have buds now. I can't wait! They go from bare root to flowers real quick in pots here.

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

SOOO pretty Sultry!! Love these photos! :-)

5 years ago
    I am ordering a rose either tonight or tomorrow from Whitherspoon. I talk to them a few days Bec I gave never grown any roses . They are out of floribundas so I am running of time Bec they have a cut of date as last shipment next month.
    They recommend Colette to me. I pick Lady in Red but they said Colette is better for my conditions but I will still get BS.
    Any opinions ??
    Oh, Jasmin. beautiful roses. I wish I can grow more colour selection . I really hope you will get Elie Beauvilain. I really like it so hopefully you can give me all the info....my turn using you ...lol. Checkmate !!
    P. S. I mean it too. Thanks to you...I am looking into it also but I can wait for now. I rather get MAC and other roses that are on my long, long list.
    jin

jin
    5 years ago
    Perma, nice mulch. Did you guys pick up or a load got drop off. I have to get compost Bec mine is too small. Just that the Utilities won't drop it but self service on Wednesday and I work on that day. It is so black and that is what I used for my son's school. The garden teacher wants me to write to her but I told her what I used. She even brought the IB Director to the garden and show them my son's bed verses hers. Apparently, soil amendments helps out HUGE. All he did was water throughout the season.
    I think I also threw my own compost into the mixes plus seaweeds.
    I rather meet her than write her all the ingredients.
    Feel like I am doing an essay...lol
    jin
    5 years ago
    Gees, I am tired. I just read my message . I have never order roses from Whitherspoon. It is not OGR but I did talk to them a few days ago. Just in case of my miscommunications.
    Where are the edit buttons now ?? I really miss them.
    How are Kordes ? I did ask them if they carried and they don't. I read , in Germany, they don't like to used chemicals. I wonder if they will be okay in FL. I wish I don't have to...I am trying not to unless it is Thrips but again I am trying really hard not to again. Just want the goods guys in my garden.
    If my roses make it great if not I can always buy new roses...lol
    jin
  • Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Jin, your roses are getting so big and beautiful! I can’t wait to see morecas they bloom!

This load of mulch is from a tree trimmer. He dropped one load off, only 2/3 of a truck, and asked if I wanted some more. Of course I said yes, so then they dropped another load and a half...the most we’ve ever gotten, says DH. I’ve bought loads of compost before, but it was pricey. It’s hard to find clean compost up here. Our city stuff tested really high in herbicides, so I avoid it. This mulch is free, so fits my budget right now. It breaks down so quickly into beautiful dark soil full of earthworms.

That’s awesome about your garden bed! Our school is starting a “Crops From Around the World” garden. The kids are pretty excited. :-)

5 years ago

Jin, I just ordered Colette a few days ago from an etsy vendor. It will be a small own root band. I am in love with Diane's (nanadoll's) Colette so I am willing to give it a try. It is a climber. I dont know where I will put it but I figure it will take a while to get big.

Interestingly I found this thread lol but it has good pics of Colette

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/ellie-beauvillain-or-colette-for-a-6ft-wall-dsvw-vd~5352769?n=8

Haha @ checkmate!

I have lots of Kordes roses. Most do very well here.

5 years ago
    I never saw Diane's Colette but I sometimes go the other side of forum. I must have miss that thread. However, I did her Ebb Tide and I got it so far so good. My neighbor, Richard and DH loves that deep , rich colour. I owe her my thanks ! Each time I see it...I see her huge bushes and 100s and 100s of blooms. Just hopefully it will be like hers. Cross fingers !!

Anyways, which do you recommend ? keywords fragrance. I know..I have Richard's Rose ( slight to no scent ) Peggy Martin that has no scent but having a few is okay but prefer with scent Bec I love to smell them as I walk by.
    J A S M I N E,. Thank You !!!!!!!!!
    jin

jin
    5 years ago
    Better still which Kordes roses do you have ?
    I can look it up as height and all.
    5 years ago

Here is a good discussion on Kordes with some people in warmer climates chiming in rating them. It lists more than I have and some I would also like to try. The posts on this thread, from Chris are good because she used to work for Kordes.

[https://www.houzz.com/discussions/newflora-kordes-roses-lets-rate-them-to-provide-feedback-dsvw-vd~3235370?n=185[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/newflora-kordes-roses-lets-rate-them-to-provide-feedback-dsvw-vd~3235370?n=185)

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I got Savannah last year, and loved her so much that I ordered more Kordes this year: Quicksilver, Polar Express, Earth Angel, and Dark Desire. I’m really excited about them, based on all I’ve read about them. :-)

5 years ago

Ones I don't have, that I want to try are:

*Dark Desire..people say its very fragrant. I saw some at Lowes last year and Im kinda kicking myself for not getting it.

*Cream Veranda..just so pretty!

*Cinderella Fairytale..its pink, AND a disney princess!..I'm down for that!

*Wedding Bells..I think SoFl Rose grows this and recommended it for FL, so it must be good!

I have a lot that I like but not all are highly fragrant. Really, the most fragrant one is probably the older 1950's Kordes *Blue Girl and I keep her for sentimental reasons as well as color and especially fragrance! She does get some black spot but the leaves drop and grow back quickly.

I love *Poseidon and it is a good bloomer, similar in color to Blue Girl. More of a water lily shape to the flower. Mine, somehow, has sported to a 14ft climber but I'm not mad about it :D. So, I can't comment on the bush..it is usually tall 7-8ft and narrow from what I've read.

*Quick Silver climber..I have three! They have a quartered lavender bloom..I am in love with this rose. I used to dream about true lavender climbers- now we have them! Not especially fragrant but I don't care.

* Earth Angel..Light pink globular blooms and a good bloomer. Mine sent out one tall crazy cane about 7ft or so. I just cut it back to the rest of the bush about 3ft. I love this rose for bouquets because the cupped shape is different than most of the rest of my roses.

*Fire Opal..I can't recommend this enough. It is a non-stop bloomer here. It has sweet semi double blooms that are multi -colored, cream, pink, a little yellow, and sometimes darker pinks. It is my 'dupe' for Belle Story (although nothing is as nice as Belle Story lol) I got 3 from the Walmart Kill Rack and they were each only like $3.50. Best Kill Rack ca$h I've ever spent lol. I have these in flower beds with very double Austin blooms and they kinda break up the double-ness and look extra sweet.

*First Crush..beautiful darker pink buds that open to baby pink. I get a lot of kinda heart shaped and double blooms from this one. I got a couple off the Kill Rack from Lowes and didn't expect much. I really like her. She does black spot a little -so fair warning on that lol.

*Summer Romance... people say she didnt bloom for them but she has for me. She wants full sun and acts like a short climber so far. She has good disease resistance. The blooms are large medium pink and sometimes quatered. She isnt my favorite but she has a nice fragrance. YMMV

*Lavender Veranda..this was another Walmart Kill Rack rescue. It has stayed small and blooms alot. The blooms are a pretty lavender. It had a rough start but is doing well. I expect the blooms will improve as it gets larger.

*Laguna..oh what to say about Laguna! She gets really really big and her thorns are really really evil. If you have a large space and you can keep her away from people so she does't snatch anyone bald headed (not even lying--she has ripped out my hair) then go ahead and get her lol. No, I dont really recommend her for FL because she does black spot a little and she mostly blooms in spring and fall with some repeat here and there. The blooms are a gorgeous dark pink!

I will have to look and see what else I have and post more later :)

• pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

Kordes roses have been a life saver for me since I went no spray. Almost all of the moderns I grew when I sprayed have been replaced by Kordes roses now. I try to only get the fragrant ones.

Beverly

Bliss

Crazy Love

Cream Veranda

Dark Desire

First Crush

Golden Fairy Tale

Heartsong (great bloomer on a small bush, but not much fragrance)

Karl Ploberger with Dark Desire behind him

Madame Anisette with Dark Desire behind her

and a close up of her bloom:

Plum Perfect (sadly not fragrant)

Savannah

Summer Romance (after being very hard pruned..grows over 6ft tall by end of season)

South Africa (not much fragrance)

Wedding Bells (not much fragrance)

I'm not finding any pictures of Earth Angel or Polar Express, but I grow those, too, and they are very clean. I have Soul Sister, but it does blackspot, so may not have it much longer.

5 years ago
    Yeah, they all sound so familiar. I smell blue girl and I did not know it is by Kordes. This is when I was getting my 1st order in. I love the scent but the blue boy is not so fragrant.
    SoFl did recommend Wedding Bells. Poseidon is a lovely colour but I heard it fry in heat so I did not get that.
    I wanted to get Polar Express but decided to wait for some feed back.
    I heard a lot if rave on Quick silver too.
    All the veranda's is high on the list but I remember SoFl was not happy with one until you posted. I wonder if she did that rose out ?
    Lisa loves her Poseidon and pompe... something.
    I saw pics daily on my text.... absolutely beautiful.
    I am game for any princesses.
    I love Grimm TV series but when I saw the rose..I am not sure if I like it it not. And if courses the stories of Grimm.
    I thought Bolero was Kordes than I self corrected myself.
    I guess I will wait. But Jasmin thanks for the info.
    I hope you will get your collection.
    Maybe, just maybe, I might get 1 or 2 in the future .
    Jasmin, it is okay. You gave me a great link. I did see Kordes in Lowe's but I did not pick any. Plus I follow SoFl on her blog.
    I am going to take a nap. Beat up by sun, lack of staff and over strain myself. I am beat !!
    Thanks again :)
    jin
  • Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Jin, I think you’d really like Savannah—she has a wonderful perfumey fragrance.

And speaking of Kordes, our Lowes just got in big (5 gal.?) Bajazzo Arboroses. They were lighter pink than I thought Bajazzo was. Not much fragrance, but blooming in big fluffy clusters—very pretty!

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    5 years ago
    @pat_bamaz - you have some beautiful roses there!
    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    5 years ago

I love all your photos!

I just potted up Bliss today!

I also potted up Life Of The Party until I can figure out where to put it.

I really want to get Cream Veranda and Plum Perfect at some point.

Twilight and Ebb Tide did not work out for me. I might try them again later. I hear Plum Perfect does well here.

I have some Antique Roses on order and a Colette band. After that I think I will be done for awhile.

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Pat, that’s a great list, with awesome photos, for all of us southerners. Thank you so much!! :-)

5 years ago
    Pat, those are awesome, awesome pics, WOW!!
    Absolutely beautiful !!
    I must have taken so long to answer and you posted. I must be really tired to take so long...anyways a long nap. Felt much better.
    You can see the foliages on Summer Romance and South Africa as the light shines. So deep green and so healthy.
    Perma, my Lowe's here gets horrible roses. There were times I have posted pics of racks and racks of Knockout roses.
    And I have gone daily for months even to catch when trucks get here. They don't have much but when I tell them other gets this or that ...their response was the roses came from vendors and they don't grow those types of roses. I went to several locations too. I know it was the month of When mothers day and also father's day.
    I went to Walmart today just to wander in nursery. No roses just a few . Again knockouts.
    But I can always order on line.
    Pat , beautiful pics. Thank you for posting.
    jin
  • pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

Thanks halloblondie! I bet the kordes do well for you up north, too.

Some of my kordes will get a bit of bs here and there, but most get none. They are really amazing. Some do turn into giants by end of season even with hard pruning...so probably even bigger for you guys farther south...and most are very thorny. But, I'll take big and thorny over black spotted or defoliated any day

Perma, I got savannah the year she came out and I've been hooked on kordes since

jin, try savannah and you'll be hooked, too

BTW, SJN, I went to Walmart on my lunch break today, but no Pacific Ocean dahlias at mine :( they did have Creme de Cassis tubers, though, and I couldn't resist those

• HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    5 years ago
    @pat - the Kordes definitely do the best for black spot resistance here too.
    Perma n’ Posies/9A FL thanked HalloBlondie (zone5a) Ontario, Canada
    5 years ago

Pat, too bad no Pacific Ocean..are there other Walmarts around? Ours have other bagged dahlias but I didnt really pay attention to what kind they were. I got a bunch more tiger lilies because they were so pretty last year. I am putting some in the other beds.

I looked up Creme de Cassis..says semi dinner plate pink plum and lilac toned. They look really pretty!!

I want to get a few more dahlias but not sure what all ones are gonna come back.

• pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

Yes, several Walmarts around, so will check some others next week. The one closest to my office only had a few dahlias and no tiger lilies. I do have some tiger lilies to plant in one of my hot color beds this year, though. Walmart had lots of glads and lots of oriental & asiatic lilies, but I'm about at capacity with ones I already have and ones I already ordered. I did get some pink&white picotee begonia tubers and some Carolyn Whorton caladium tubers/bulbs. Those are definitely annual here, so will use in pots and dig up/store over the winter. I wish I knew which dahlias I've lost, too. I don't need any more than what I have or have ordered if mine all come back (couldn't resist the Crème de Cassis waterlily form with darker reverse & really love your Pacific Ocean pics, though) If I've lost a bunch, I'll be disappointed if I don't pick up more.

5 years ago

I don't know why I did not buy but I keep going back like 5 times . It says to be planted at eaves of your garden. And that I don't have that why why I was going in circles.
    jin

5 years ago

Those are pretty, Jin! I wonder if they meant, "The edges of your garden"? That would make sense if they stay short.

• pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

Jin, those are cute! They look like they may be from the GoGo or Gallery series of short dahlias which are bloom machines and look great around border/edge of beds. Go back and get some :)

5 years ago
    I wish but those are brought by vendors . I am not sure which nursery. I so happen to have a few pics on my phone. Next year, I will grab some.
    Thanks Pat and Jasmin !!
    jin
    5 years ago

Blooming today...

Princess Charlene de Monaco..smelling like Heaven! I do not regret buying 3 of these last year.

A couple Distant Drums blooms.. I have 3 DD plants and they always all blom at the same times lol.

5 years ago
    Jasmin looks really beautiful. I always wanted Princess de Monaco. I saw DD but it did not appeal to me maybe the blooms were over not sure.
    I noticed that too. I have 2 Old Blush and 2 LV. They always bloom together. Wouldn't that be nice if English roses, Bourbons, Damask and etc all bloom together. It will be heaven to see all the colours in the garden.
    jin
    5 years ago

Thanks Jin :) Distant Drums stays fairly small and the flower has tans that fade to lavender as it opens. The flowers get really fluffy. It has an antique look too it and the leaves are dark green and disease free here.

PCdM reminds me of Abe Darby and is very fragrant. It does get large but the leaves stay cleaner than Abe Darby's do.

~Sjn

• Perma n’ Posies/9A FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Oooh, Sultry, they are gorgeous! I have both PCdM and DD babies...this gives me great hope for them! :-)

• pat_bamaz7
    5 years ago

So pretty!!! I have DD coming from RU this spring. Was a bit nervous about whether it would be disease resistant. Glad to hear it's good for you

5 years ago

Thank you. I almost bought another DD the other day that was grafted on Fortuniana, when I got the two fort grafted Abe Darbys. I had to really control myself lol. I kinda like that the DD's stay smaller so I can have something to put in front of the roses that get so large here.

This morning I looked out the window and saw my Amistad salvia shrub shaking and saw a hummingbird going from flower to flower and Mr. Grouchy Carpenter Bee buzzing angrily around the hummer. What a piggy that bee is. He really is guarding the salvia lol. I tried to grab my camera but the hummer took off.

5 years ago
    I know DD is very popular and it is 8.0 rating from ARS but it did not appeal to me at all. It has no dual colours or anything. I did not see it up close which I kinda regret when I had to prune at the school.
    In pics they look fantastic. Well it off my list till I see it again in person.
    I know there are roses like Koko Loko, Butterscotch, DD and others has that coffee, tan look. I like the uniqueness but that day it just threw me off.

jin
Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!