Beto on Third-Trimester Abortions: Should be Decision the Woman Makes

kaych

Beto completely avoided the question by answering his made up one instead. At the very least I'll add coward to the growing list of reasons I'd never vote for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appearing Monday at a campaign stop in Cleveland, Ohio, 2020 Democrat candidate Beto O’Rourke said he believes it’s a woman’s right to decide whether she should undergo a third-trimester abortion, signaling he would not support government intervening to prevent the procedure.

A transcript is as follows:

ATTENDEE: Are you for third-trimester abortions or are you going to protect the lives of third-trimester babies? Because, you know, there’s really not a medical necessity for abortion. It’s not a medical emergency procedure, because typically, third-trimester abortions take up to three days to have, so in that sense, if there were an emergency, the doctors would just do a c-section and you don’t have to kill the baby. So, are you for or against third-trimester abortions?
BETO O’ROURKE: So, the question is about abortion or reproductive rights, and my answer to you is that should be a decision that the woman makes. I trust her.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/18/beto-orourke-on-third-trimester-abortions-should-be-decision-the-woman-makes/

SaveComment45Like
Comments (45)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Better than the answer you’d give!

And you’d never vote for him anyway, list long or short, so who cares.

11 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

+1 points in the BETO column for the correct answer to the ill-informed attendee's question. Thanks for posting this kaych. [So rare, I felt I should. ;) ]

ETA: I didn't watch the video, because I don't trust your links. I went by the purported transcript info.

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Beto gave the right answer. It is NOT HIS CHOICE, according to Roe v Wade.

If the woman believes she should not have a 3rd trimester abortion, then that is HER CHOICE.

If the woman, in accordance with state abortion law which exempts life/health of the woman; gross fetal anomaly; and rape/incest, believes she needs to get an abortion and the reason falls within one of those recognized exemptions, then that is HER CHOICE.

Kate

8 Likes Save    
kaych

I found this 2nd comment to be an interesting one.

Bannaghar21 hours ago

So women have the right to murder their children and fathers have no right to save their wanted child from the psycho mother? Sick.

John Wayne Bannaghar20 hours ago

Play devils advocate, if the father decides he doesn't want to be a father in the third trimester, does he get to abscond from the responsibilities of raising the child?

Of course not, his decision had to be made at conception and has no say in the matter after that, BUT is still responsible for his decision until the child is of age....

The precedent of that decision being made at the time of conception is well documented is countless judicial rulings.

What happened to "equality"?

Another Brick in the Wall John Wayne19 hours ago

shhhh....you're angering the liberals with your common sense and logic

1 Like Save    
Chi

His answer is correct. A woman's reproductive choices should be between her and her doctor. He was smart not to fall for what was obviously a baited question.

No one is killing healthy full-term babies. It's just conservative propaganda trying to label Democrats as baby killers.

12 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

Ridiculous baiting. Amnio is at 6 months of pregnancy. So you are in the third trimester and you find out something is profoundly wrong with your baby. I have mentioned several times that this happened to my neighbor. You are going to force her to have a grossly deformed baby who can't sustain life? Who's the monster now?

14 Likes Save    
kaych

gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

+1 points in the BETO column for the correct answer to the ill-informed attendee's question. Thanks for posting this kaych. [So rare, I felt I should. ;) ]

Why did you leave out why she is "ill-informed"?

Do inform us please!

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Because, you know, there’s really not a medical necessity for abortion.

This isn't true.

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Right answer Beto.

4 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

lol And I cannot disagree with what redsox wrote. I just wasn't going to expend energy on the umpteenth circle around the same old cheese.

2 Likes Save    
kaych

gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Because, you know, there’s really not a medical necessity for abortion.

This isn't true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the third-trimester it's absolutely true! At that point in the pregnancy it takes far more time & it is far more dangerous than proceeding with the pregnancy or having a c-section would be.

This has been discussed backed with several sources many times. At this point I think you should show your proof that it's untrue.

1 Like Save    
soupgirl53

John Wayne Banaghar must not be aware of the fact that some men who don't want to be fathers desert their wives, forgetting all about that decision made at conception.

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

What is apparent, is that my posts are being deleted.

ETA: And it was not done by me.

1 Like Save    
2 Likes Save    
Chi

We won't get anywhere with pictures like catkin posted. Everyone would agree that killing that baby in the picture would be murder. It has nothing to do with abortion.

4 Likes Save    
kaych

gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

What is apparent, is that my posts are being deleted.

ETA: And it was not done by me.

Me neither, even though I found it to be most likely against the rules here.

Save    
kaych

Dr. Antony Levatino testifies at a House Judiciary Committee hearing about Planned Parenthood's medical procedures. Planned Parenthood has been under fire after videos were released showing how the mega abortion provider sold fetal tissue to researchers. Dr. Levatino gave this expert testimony in 2015.

2 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Oh, but there is another side to this story.

----------------------

"The Planned Parenthood Hearings Aren’t About Those Videos

They are group therapy sessions for pro-lifers.

On Thursday afternoon, the House of Representatives held yet another hearing on Planned Parenthood, its fourth in the past few weeks. The previous hearings, based on undercover videos of conversations with Planned Parenthood officials, were supposed to show criminal misconduct. They failed. But this hearing, held before the House Judiciary Committee, promised to do better. It was titled, “Planned Parenthood Exposed: Examining Abortion Procedures and Medical Ethics at the Nation’s Largest Abortion Provider.

The undercover videos that sparked the hearings show pro-lifers, disguised as medical research suppliers, trying to lure Planned Parenthood officers into financial negotiations over fetal tissue. . . . .

The pretense that we would see “Planned Parenthood Exposed” collapsed early in the hearing. Democratic members of the committee noted that six states, responding to the videos, had investigated Planned Parenthood and had found no convincing evidence that it broke any laws. Seven other states had deemed the evidence insufficient to warrant investigation. One Democrat, Rep. Steve Cohen of Tennessee, played a series of clips that pro-lifers had edited out of their promoted versions of the videos. In the clips, a Planned Parenthood officer repeatedly explained that the organization doesn’t sell tissue and doesn’t want to profit from it.

Four witnesses, three of them pro-life, had been summoned to testify. The first, Anthony Levatino, was an OB-GYN who used to terminate pregnancies. He described his methods in grisly detail and showed the committee a video in which clinic staffers offered women very late abortions. Under questioning, however, Levatino admitted that these weren’t Planned Parenthood clinics, that he had never worked with Planned Parenthood during his practice, and that he had no evidence of wrongdoing by anyone affiliated with the organization.

The next witness, Susan Thayer, used to run a Planned Parenthood clinic in Iowa. She had filed a whistleblower lawsuit against the organization for firing her. . . . [T]he only abortion-related complaint she offered against Planned Parenthood was that it provided “webcam” abortions, in which a doctor talks with a woman by remote video and authorizes her to take pills that end her pregnancy. . . . .

The last pro-life witness, Luana Stoltenberg, was a puddle of anguish. She had had three abortions and testified that they had wrecked her life. She blamed clinic employees for downplaying the gravity of the procedure. But when questioned by the Democrats, she admitted that only one of the three abortions occurred at a Planned Parenthood clinic. Hers was a familiar story: I regret my abortion, so nobody else should be allowed to have one.

[. . .]

Stoltenberg’s testimony was painful to watch. She was distraught. She had brought notebooks full of stories from other women who regretted their abortions. She said many had tried to drown their sorrows in alcohol. She sought to help them as a post-abortion counselor. She begged the committee to spare other women her fate.

And she wasn’t alone in her suffering. As one lawmaker after another erupted in outrage at the very existence of abortion, it became clear that the hearing itself was group therapy. The Planned Parenthood videos and hearings had revealed nothing with which to indict the organization. What was being exposed wasn’t criminal conduct. It was impotence and rage."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2015/10/the-planned-parenthood-hearings-arent-about-those-videos-heres-the-truth.html

-----------------------

All this happened at a hearing back in 2015. The hearing did NOT establish that PP sold fetal tissue to researchers. In fact, there was no evidence of PP having done anything wrong!

I think it is about time to retire that out-of-date video that never did prove what it claimed to be proving. Useless.

Kate

3 Likes Save    
catkinZ8a

8 Planned Parenthood workers willing to cover up purported underage prostitution, watch and listen for yourselves.

https://youtu.be/Jd3Z82xpcmA

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

More news from 2011. (Kinda out of date event, don't you think?)

------------------------------------

"Anti-abortion group targets Planned Parenthood in undercover video

A secretly taped video by a male and a female posing as sex traffickers purportedly shows a Planned Parenthood employee in New Jersey telling them how to secure abortions and contraception for underage girls, anti-abortion activist Lila Rose told CNN Wednesday.

In response, Planned Parenthood described the January 13 video by Rose's anti-abortion group Live Action as a scheme to "take down" the abortion-rights organization, Planned Parenthood spokesman Stuart Schear said in a statement.

In a CNN interview, Schear added Planned Parenthood has already reported the claims of sex trafficking to federal authorities and on Tuesday fired the videotaped employee.

Planned Parenthood of Central New Jersey also condemned the apparent misconduct of the employee.

"The behavior of our employee, as portrayed on the video, if accurate, violates PPCNJ policies, as well as our core values of protecting the welfare of minors and complying with the law," Phyllis Kinsler, CEO of Planned Parenthood of Central New Jersey, said in a statement.

[. . .]

After the visits were over, Planned Parenthood notified local authorities of alleged human trafficking and learned of at least 11 visits to facilities in six states over one week "in which persons claiming to be involved in sex trafficking with minors asked for services for young women," according to Planned Parenthood statements.

Planned Parenthood then notified federal authorities, and the FBI is reviewing photos of at least one person making the sex trafficking claims, Schear said.. . .

[. . .]

"If a multistate sex trafficking operation is in place, those responsible must be pursued to stop the exploitation of girls and young women," Schear said in a statement. "If these visits are part of a 'dirty tricks' campaign, they must be condemned. Falsely claiming sex trafficking to health professionals to advance a political agenda is an astoundingly cynical form of political activity."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/02/02/abortion.video/index.html

--------------------

By the way, what does all this old news from 2011 have to do with the OP which was about Beto's comment the other day on Third-Trimester Abortions?

Maybe it's time to get back on topic now?

Kate

2 Likes Save    
kaych

O’Rourke told his supporters: “So, the question is about abortion and reproductive rights. And my answer to you is that that should be a decision that the woman makes. I trust her.” At that, the crowd cheered and applauded. They are applauding abortion procedures like the one described in the video below by former abortionist Dr. Anthony Levatino:

https://youtu.be/r5Af8vIym2o

While completely ignoring the facts given to him by the audience member on late-term abortion being dangerous in an emergency situation and completely unnecessary, O’Rourke repeats a common abortion party line. The truth is, however, that abortion — especially third-trimester abortion — isn’t about women’s health. Third trimester abortion is about killing viable children and children with disabilities simply because the parent or parents have decided they don’t want the child. The audience member’s statement is accurate.

Abortion supporters like O’Rourke claim abortion is a right, but advocating for the brutal deaths of viable children is a violation of their human rights.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Re late-term abortions:

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) refuted that idea in a statement released this week, stating that pregnant women may experience conditions such as “premature rupture of membranes and infection, preeclampsia, placental abruption, and placenta accreta” late in pregnancy that may endanger their lives.

“Women in these circumstances may risk extensive blood loss, stroke, and septic shock that could lead to maternal death. Politicians must never require a doctor to wait for a medical condition to worsen and become life-threatening before being able to provide evidence-based care to their patients, including an abortion,” the ACOG said....

Jen Villavicencio, an obstetrician-gynecologist in the Midwest, explained that, in the vast majority of cases in which a woman becomes seriously ill late in pregnancy, doctors are working to save both the woman and the fetus. But in rare situations, it’s clear the fetus will not survive, and then the patients and their loved ones must make a decision about whether to put a sick woman at further risk with a delivery. (Source: WaPo)

So if your life or say your daughter's life is in serious danger due to a pregnancy gone bad, and full-term delivery could mean death, do you want the government making that decision?

(And here I always thought it was the gop that was against "death panels")

4 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Me neither, even though I found it to be most likely against the rules here.

Posting that I don't have to provide proof if I don't feel like wasting my time doing so, is not against Houzz rules, kaych.

Save    
how2girl

The best answer

1 Like Save    
heri _ cles

Support for Roe v Wade hits new high

Trump on partial birth abortions:

1 Like Save    
lily12

The perfect answer, Beto. Funny how the rwingers now say they won't vote for him. lol..Like they ever would. They love their lying sociopath. Watch the video above. He wanted even to abort Tiffany. That's what a fraud he is and you wingers suck it all up.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

The dems certainly have a winning platform for 2020. Do away with the electoral college, change the supreme court, promote infanticide, push for 16 year olds to vote, promote illegal immigration, rip up the constitution. All meant to make the life of the average American better. Do away with planes, cows, fossil fuels. How can you lose?

Save    
Chi

Considering some of those are outright lies, I think we'll do just fine.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Which ones are a lie Chi?

1 Like Save    
soupgirl53

It is amusing how much interest the Trumpsters have with respect to Beto. I think they realize how bad Trump would look on a debate stage with Beto and are therefore willing to go low in order to smear him. Seems like a wasted effort as slimeball tactics only appeal to Trump's base and none of them are going to vote for Beto.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

No one is sliming Beta O'Dork soupgirl. His own words and actions speak for themselves. Of all the candidates on the left, I think he is one of the most unlikely to get the nomination. Round heels Harris is probably at the top of the list.

Save    
sheesh(5b)

Really, Mrsjkun? No one is sliming Beta O'Dork soupgirl.

1 Like Save    
soupgirl53

I respectfully disagree. Ironic that you claim nobody is sliming Beto and then slime Kamila Harris in the same post! You are so funny, Mrskjun.

Save    
sheesh(5b)

What does "Round heels Harris" mean, mrskjun?

ETA: Holy toledo, mrskjun! I just looked it up! You can't be serious. If I were you, I'd take it down. Tell you what: you take down your s, and I'll take down my question about it.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Slime her? Ask Willie Brown. Or better yet, ask his wife.

Save    
soupgirl53

No, I would behave in such a tacky matter.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Sorry, would you prefer I call them Cheeto heads?

Save    
sheesh(5b)

It's up to you, mrskjun. You can leave it there forever, for everyone to know how you think, for all time.

2 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

Mrskjun, I think Trump is a terrible President and therefore I criticize what he does and says but if it makes you feel any better, I have never called Trump a Cheeto head so in respond to your question, I would not prefer that you call Kamilla Harris, Willie Brown and Beto (if you were also referring to him) as Cheeto heads but of course, it's up to you what you do and say.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Who's Kamilla Harris?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"Who's Kamilla Harris?"

Who's Beta?

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Inaccurate desciption but it is *Inflammatory*. Also full of hate.

"... advocating for the brutal deaths of viable children is a violation of their human rights."

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Since there is a possibility that Harris could be our next president of the USA, let's all (both sides) get her first name right: Kamala.

I can't believe someone decided to play dumb on that one!

Kate

1 Like Save    
lily12

I saw Harris on Kimmel. The wingers have every reason to be scared of her. She's rating really high so far and I am very impressed with her. And you know who scares them...Harris, Beto, and Biden. You never hear the HT wingers mention any of the others. We have such outstanding candidates running that it will be a hard choice. They, on the other hand, have an old fat guy suffering from either malignant narcissism or is descending into dementia.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Give us time lily, give us time!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Dens and Libraries 'Not My Precious Books!' — Pain-Free Ways to Declutter Your Library
Have your books and neatness too, with these ideas for paring down and straightening up a beloved collection
Full Story
Cleaning A Fine Mess: How to Have a Clean-Enough Home Over Summer Break
Don't have an 'I'd rather be cleaning' bumper sticker? To keep your home bearably tidy when the kids are around more, try these strategies
Full Story