SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zen_man

Please allow pairs of inline photo thumbnails to be side-by-side

zen_man
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I inserted this request in another discussion here, and it was suggested there that it might get better visibility in a separate discussion, so here goes. Since inline photos have now been reduced in size a lot, everywhere except in the original message (like this one here), they are now, in effect, large thumbnails that can be clicked on to expand them to their largest size. Those "thumbnails" are small enough to be able to fit horizontally side-by-side as an alternative to their now vertical inline arrangement.

So this message is a request to Houzz programmers to implement in message editing the ability of the message poster to "drag" (or otherwise place) a pair of photo thumbnails into a horizontal arrangement as an available alternative to their default vertical arrangement.

Some existing gardening websites already offer this optional arrangement, and this is a screen capture from one of my messages (on one of those websites) that takes advantage of that option.

This is another example of that option in use in one of my messages there.

I recognize that some considerable programming effort might be required on the part of Houzz to offer that capability as an editing option in these forums, but Houzz has already shown impressive programming capability in some of their recent implementations here, and there are significant space saving advantages to the horizontal arrangement option, as well as an improved appearance in the messages themselves. So I hope that Houzz will give this suggestion favorable consideration. Thank you for your attention.

zen_man (who is nuts about zinnias--and butterflies)

Comments (4)