SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

OT wondering what you all do when you can't get out in the gardens.

signet_gw(6b)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I hope you will share some of your hobbies . I myself have worked in metal for a number of years making ornaments and orbs but this year I decided to try my hand at paperclay. My paper clay is made from ground up egg cartons , flour , cornstarch, Joint compound , glue, water and hand lotion . Here are a couple of the several projects I have on the go.

I hope everyone will share their hobbies .......show us some pics!

A friend was over and I was busy making a snail , when she saw it she asked me If I would be able to make her daughter a hedgehog . So I did . Once I gave it away I decided I needed a hedgehog for me . So here it is . His body is made from aluminum foil covered in paper clay .

Here is the snail. He still needs to be painted and sealed

but all the body work is done . The snail is made from a margarine container filled with sand ,and body shaped from aluminum foil and then covered in paper clay

This is the body of my dragonfly. I still have to paint him and add some wings . Legs are made from coat hanger hook part , the body ( inside ) is an old fly swatter handle . The rest is paper clay . It is a good way to recycle used but clean aluminum foil, old containers and bits and pieces of things normally thrown out. And it is fun .

Comments (39)