SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
halfpixie_gw

Retaining wall around windowwellsl

halfpixie
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello,We recently bought a house and the lawn has a negative grade. We are going to have the negative grade filled in and sloped out properly into the yard. In order to do this we will need to build up the window wells, which are level with the ground now (this is why we think they did a negative grade).In my mind, this is like building a small retaining wall around each window well. The full height of the wall will be no more than 1 ft. Can/should I use retaining wall blocks for this? Can/should I use garden pavers/flower bed edge stones.Should I dig and build right against the top of the window well, or should I leave a band of soil or gravel between the bricks and the metal of the well?I was also wanting to add a small wall/edging around the beds that go around the house, to give it more definition, as opposed to just mulch that spills out into the grass, so I'd like the garden bed edge/wall to match the window well walls. This wall will also be very short; I just want to define what is there, not build it up too much.Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored