Mental Health-------George Conway

marquest(PA zone 6)

The one thing that has always puzzled me is why Donnie finds it necessary to lie about things that do not matter. Normal people lie when something matters or will help them get something cover up something. IMO Donnie lies just because or out of fear that something makes him less than......

----------------------------------

George Conway Urges ‘Serious Inquiry’ Into Trump’s Mental Health After Latest Lie No Collusion

Conway also referred to Trump’s shifting story on Apple CEO Tim Cook, whom he incorrectly referred to as Tim Appleat a White House meeting last week.

The president reportedly told GOP donors Friday that he had said “Tim Cook, Apple” but that the Cook was so fast no one heard it.

The recording of the event proves otherwise. Then, Trump claimed he skipped the word just to save time.

“A ridiculous assertion, of course,” Conway wrote. “He really said ‘Tim Apple’ instead of ‘Tim Cook of Apple’ to save a third of a second.”

“Even his donors and supporters wonder, what is wrong with him?” Conway wrote. “Why would he feel compelled to tell such an absurd lie?

Conway’s first tweet linked to a clip in which Trump suggested that District Judge Amy Berman Jackson found “no collusion” in sentencing former campaign manager Paul Manafort on Wednesday.

“I can only tell you one thing: Again that was proven today no collusion,” Trump declared, repeating “no collusion” multiple times.

However, the judge in the District of Columbia said no such thing.

“The ‘no collusion’ mantra is simply a non sequitur,” she said, adding that “the investigation is still ongoing.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/george-conway-trump-mental-health_n_5c89bdb2e4b038892f4a42a1

SaveComment74Like
Comments (74)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AITG

It's about power.

I had a friend of sorts many years ago who would argue with me and tell me I was wrong about things I was right about. He would lie outright about provable things and the point wasn't that he was wrong...he KNEW he was wrong...the point was that I wasn't going to deny his lie because he was bigger than me and the sense that he was willing to take it to a physical level was palpable.

All too familiar.

7 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

He's a pathological liar. We've known that since day one.

14 Likes Save    
AITG

The bully dares you to call him out by lying more and more blatantly.

If/When you do there is always holy hell to pay.

Dominance.

10 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

"Who is strong enough to contradict me?"

2 Likes Save    
AITG

Exactly.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Tell a lie often enough and it becomes true.

The Tim Apple thing also happened with the CEO of Lockheed ... he called her Marillyn Lockheed...

I think the guy is an effin' moron (probably the only thing I agree with tillerson on) and doesn't spend any time or effort trying to learn the things he should, and thinks he can get away with it because so often he does.

14 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

But he is constantly contradicted. With him I think of it as fear. insecurity and as Conway says a mental deficiency problem. You have to be a secure person to admit you made a mistake. If you are strong you know mistakes and admitting you made a mistake does not make you smaller.

Edit to say........I do not know why people say the clown is a bully. Because of what I see as what a bully needs to make someone think of being bullied.

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

I suspect that he has been lying since the day he was born. Why? who knows. Maybe Daddy issues.

2 Likes Save    
AITG

" With him I think of it as fear"

Absolutely.

Fear is behind much of what motivates us.

It takes strength to admit a mistake.

Refusing to admit mistakes is cowardice.

...as far as his mental state goes...didn't his dad die of complications with Alzheimer's?

Believe that makes him genetically predisposed to it.

5 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Isn't it Mr. Trump's personal mantra to never admit to being wrong about anything?

He lies just to keep in practice too, I think, & it's also about keeping everyone distracted for sure.

FWIW, I may have mentioned this before, but I have a cousin who lies all the time as well. Her lies are almost always manipulative, though - making her look better, or exaggerating something to generate sympathy, or to shock people.

I imagine once such a habit has developed and been in use for so many years, it's pretty hard to stop.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

George Conway is a long-time conservative.

2 Likes Save    
petalique

If D trump really wants to save time, he could just stop lying.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

If there is even an ounce of sincerity in this, I don't know how this man can stand to share air with Kellyanne.

5 Likes Save    
elvis

Tell a lie often enough and it becomes true.

It's scary that you believe that.

Save    
enegiram

If someone called him on lies to his face, there is no way in he!! he would get into a skirmish with that person...he is a coward and would run and hide behind his wife's skirt. He has told so many lies, he doesn't remember what he said 5 minutes before the lie coming from his mouth, as we all know if his mouth is moving, he lying.

7 Likes Save    
lily12

He's a lying sociopath and has been all his life.

8 Likes Save    
AITG

Propagandist !

;)

Save    
margievank

LOL- so you say

Save    
AITG

Still won't admit it?

Ehhhhhhh you'll get there one day.

We all know you're proud of your work here. :)

Save    
AITG

That one never made any sense to me.

You DO know the meaning behind your goats,right?

Save    
AITG

Three goats...looking at you gruffly...

Seriously...that didn't escape the locals,did it?

Save    
AITG

just the cupcakes....I missed the boat on that one.

Save    
margievank

AITG- what is the significance of your avatar?

Save    
AITG

None.

Save    
margievank

Seriously...that didn't escape the locals,did it?

You lost me?

Save    
margievank

LOL well, then WHY did you choose that ?

Save    
AITG

Three billygoats gruff.

Their adversary was a troll in the story,remember?

1 Like Save    
margievank

Yes, I remember... and.....

Save    
AITG

it was a pic of myself that I tinkered around with.

Like I said....not significant. lol

Save    
AITG

If I Thought someone was a troll it would then be appropriate to post the goats in retaliation...it's what they are for.

See?

Save    
margievank

NO, for me the goats represent *confusion*. I post those goats when I do not understand what someone is saying.

Save    
margievank

The cupcakes represent *Cheers* ala Houzz

Save    
AITG

I like Cheers.

They're cheerful.

Someone out there in the world thinks a swastika represents daisies and sunsets but they would be in for a rude awakening eventually.

Just cluing you in...you know...in case it went under your radar.

1 Like Save    
margievank

LOL- many things go under my radar, lol lol lol... thanks for the concern;P

Save    
AITG

No sweat! :)

1 Like Save    

Ah, I thought the cupcakes were sarcastic congratulations. Similar to "you want a cookie or a medal?"

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

elvis, I don't believe that if you tell a lie often enough it becomes true, but apparently trump does. And his followers believe every word he says. And repetition plays a role in what people think is true:

“Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels. Among psychologists something like this known as the "illusion of truth" effect. Here's how a typical experiment on the effect works: participants rate how true trivia items are, things like "A prune is a dried plum". Sometimes these items are true (like that one), but sometimes participants see a parallel version which isn't true (something like "A date is a dried plum").

After a break – of minutes or even weeks – the participants do the procedure again, but this time some of the items they rate are new, and some they saw before in the first phase. The key finding is that people tend to rate items they've seen before as more likely to be true, regardless of whether they are true or not, and seemingly for the sole reason that they are more familiar.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161026-how-liars-create-the-illusion-of-truth

There's a reason trump keeps repeating: No collusion. No collusion. And it's not because it's true.

6 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Fraud and lies is who he is. Habit, daddy issues, military school didn't do the job parents hoped for, and money.

He's got no conscience, no moral compass. Those are the things that keep people from being total megalomaniacs.

What's more disturbing is the percentage of the population with personality disorders. trump supporters are easily identified without a maga hat.

9 Likes Save    
MissMyGardens

dandyfopp "If there is even an ounce of sincerity in this, I don't know how this man can stand to share air with Kellyanne."

Interesting you mention "sincerity" in this. Yesterday I read something that had the sound of something very plausible. Possible George Conway's statements are public counter point to those of Kellyanne as intentional misdirection to lull people into thinking there is some objective sanity in their house and in our "House" which is currently occupied by a liar.

It was when Kellyanne was brought into Trump's closest orbit and she became the very person who strategized and encouraged his method of destroying adversaries and inciting any semblance of alienation that could easily translate into support not just because of but in spite of the objectionable presentation. She's a well experienced communications strategist and played a critical role in making Trump something that could be tolerated in exchange for the transactional support of alienated demographics.

This type of operational cooperation doesn't require true belief in client's ideas or words. It's a dedicated proliferation of the client's interests and faux outraged defense of client no matter what they do or say. It's monetary prostitution and the seeming verbal conflict between George and Kellyanne may be nothing more than a ruse as Kellyanne will move on to another "client" when this one is out of office and she'll just as vehemently defend the defenseless next time around no matter how similar or different that next entity is to the current one.

6 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

The goats represent what the goats appear to be--confused.

To attribute something nefarious to the goats seems a bit nefarious and aggressive if not ridiculous to me!

That is, unless the goats are being used in a satanic ritual.

Not sure about the entire population, but money is that margievank is one of the last people to embrace satan and posts the goats when something makes no sense, is confusing, or especially ironic.

Just my opinion.

Save    
dandyfopp

Tends to be my view MissMyGardens.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I suspect that some of the unnecessary lying is also intended to keep others off-balance. That's a good way to maintain control and dominance--everyone is off-balance except the liar.

Kate

9 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Remember when people thought pictures of frogs were nefarious ... heh, heh.

Save    
AITG

LOL yes Stan. The use of the swastika as an example here was hyperbolic to say the least.

Obviously my interpretation is lost on some.

More so than I would have thought.

Save    
artemis_ma

The goats are gone. Sad, I like the goats, I don't think of them as confused so much as bemused. I actually know goats. Very much not confused animals in real life. Nor satanic.

3 Likes Save    
margievank

I love the goats!!!!!!!!!!! That is why the goats are gone lol lol lol

Save    
AITG

I knew you guys saw no harm in them(I like them too in that context)...all I'm saying is that three goats looking at you gruffly comes across as blatant to me as the day is long.

Really...

am I the only one who gets it?

Nobody's trying to rain on any parades here.

1 Like Save    
margievank

Those goats don't look gruff.

Save    
AITG

Tell me where else you would find three goats in a group in popular culture?

C'mon you guys!

Save    
AITG

Cheese and crackers!

Don't think of it another way then.

Open minds don't exist on the right?

Save    
margievank

Save    
AITG

Just another exercise in up is down I guess.

Someone will break down and have an actual conversation one day.

Save    
margievank

Someone will break down and have an actual conversation one day.

This has been tried before and has failed. One must live in means of preservation. I have built my own wall and did not ask anyone to pay for it;)

Save    

I mean I see your point AITG and it was a clever connection, one that I didn't make until you pointed it out.

Even if the goats are the three billy goats gruff (and they certainly don't fit my definition of gruff) it's more harmless than many memes posted.

I would like to see some truly terrifying goats used against truly egregious trolls. It would make me giggle everytime. I fear those cute little guys would fly completely over the heads of most trolls.

1 Like Save    
vassar1962

Preservation or denial or delusion, what's the diff?

Save    
margievank

Preservation or denial or delusion, what's the diff?

Why do you care?

Save    
AITG

Appreciate it Miss Lindsey.

Sorry for all the mayhem Marquest.

Back to the regularly scheduled program.

1 Like Save    
lily12

George Conway is 100% right. tRump is a nut case but then so his wife. I hope he caught her on Chris Cuomo last night. She sounded like a mad woman but then who wouldn't be serving the liar in chief.Chris played clips for her and even looking at them dismisses what they really said., ttRump and K. Conway should be locked in the looney bin together.

1 Like Save    
maddie260

Whenever I hear George Conway's musings, I think of what one pundit opined: this couple is just buttering both sides of the toast!

5 Likes Save    
Embothrium(Sunset Climate Zone 5, USDA Hardiness Zone 8)

That's a good way to maintain control and dominance--everyone is off-balance except the liar

Whether it's lies or just withholding key information in any particular instance Trump the narcissist has used this approach to keep himself as the focal point, the pivot man even within his own organizations like forever. This is why his administration has been having so many people drop out, they get tired of not knowing what is going on or where they stand.

4 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

In order to be a successful liar, you have to keep your "stories" straight. In order to do that, you have to have a good memory and not have contradictory fibs. Trump does not have the brain power to keep his lies consistent and he certainly does not have a good memory. Despite all his lies, he is not successful at that game.

I agree with AITG and kate that it is about control and keeping the seeming chaos going.

3 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

trump is the epitome of off balance, out of whack, unhinged.

He leads with his psyche - damaged and dark.

5 Likes Save    
how2girl

It’s about wearing people down so eventually they just sit there with eyes glazed over. Upping the anti each time to ensure that the hypocrisy becomes normalized and ultimately accepted as “just another day”. This comment “just another day” is all over social media. The level of chaos is now an expectation rather than astonishing.

8 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

woodnymph2_gw

I agree with AITG and kate that it is about control and keeping the seeming chaos going.

=================

I disagree. As you said, "Trump does not have the brain power to keep his lies consistent and he certainly does not have a good memory."

It is fear of being discovered he actually is a low intelligence individual.

He brags about his good brain, that he went to the best schools and yet the first thing he has a need is to threaten schools to hide his grades.

He is doing what the adult students we had that were illiterate. It was amazing the things they would say and do to hide that they were unable to read.

It is a cover he has used all his life and learned to lie and bluster to hide. that he is slow with some problems. If his father did not have money he would be a grocery store bag boy.

9 Likes Save    
AITG

I can't even see him as a Walmart greeter.

People like him are usually pushed to the edge of society because sociopaths tend to be an awkward fit overall.

People like him should not have power.

Ever.

But nope...they had to go and elect him.

Still hard to believe the whole thing isn't just a gargantuan nightmare.

Wish we could wake up shake it off and hit the shower but it won't wash off.

This is the world we live in.

Un-freakin-believable.

5 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

His tweetstorms about fauxfox sound so demented, simple minded, and bigoted. I know it's expected around the world, no one is surprised anymore, but it's sickening that he's still president.

He's so stupid!!!

2 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Look on the bright side.......We cannot go any lower. He is garbage shocking I know but there has always been people in our society that will hook their wagon to trash.

We have murdering criminals that killed in the Penitentiary that are getting love letters. Love of tRump is not a surprise. He even told them he knows if he killed someone in front of them they would still love him. He knows the type. Laughing at them as he sits on his golden toilet and they in their outhouse.

Look at any of the clown's rallies they look the part. Education, Education, Education is the answer.

4 Likes Save    
lily12

It's just a nightmare that I hope we can soon awake from.

Save    
dandyfopp

George, call CBS. NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC. Any of them will give you time.

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Must be dicey moments in the Conway home....

Save    
dandyfopp

This or there isn't just one sociopath in that family.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

They (Conways) are both core conservatives. The disagreement may be on the path to the goals.

1 Like Save    
mr1010

Well, George is right. Plus it helps that he gets more "Inside Information" that we can

only guess at. I'm glad that he's putting this out there considering his wife's position.

And I'm sure his wife has been the brunt of tRump's attacks a few times too.

No one who spends time around a misfit like him is immune to his toxicity.

She's probably in the background saying "Go George, Go."

1 Like Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

He's a high-powered lawyer, she's working for the White House. I imagine that they're unlikely to be home, or together very often...

Save    

Related Stories

Features Can Tidying Up Result in Life-Changing Magic?
Organizing phenom Marie Kondo promises big results — if you embrace enormous changes and tough choices
Full Story
Your First House So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
Housekeeping Three Magic Words for a Clean Home and a Better Life
Not a natural tidying and organizing whiz? Take hope in one short phrase that can change your life forever
Full Story
Your First House Your Total Home Organizing and Decluttering Guide
Take it slow or be a speed demon — this room-by-room approach to organizing and storage will get your home in shape no matter how you roll
Full Story
Tiny Houses Life Lessons From 10 Years of Living in 84 Square Feet
Dee Williams was looking for a richer life. She found it by moving into a very tiny house
Full Story
Moving Downsizing Help: How to Edit Your Belongings
Learn what to take and what to toss if you're moving to a smaller home
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Slow Down and Ease Up: A Sanity-Saving Approach to Life
Why not take the pressure off and live a little more consciously in 2017? The challenging goals can wait
Full Story
Most Popular 9 Exit Strategies for Your Clutter
How to efficiently — and regularly — rid your home of the things you don’t want
Full Story
Tiny Houses Houzz Tour: Sustainable, Comfy Living in 196 Square Feet
Solar panels, ship-inspired features and minimal possessions make this tiny Washington home kind to the earth and cozy for the owners
Full Story
NOVA Kitchen, Bath & Basement believes trust is based on honesty and communication and results are based on skill... Read More