SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
country_bumpkin_al

What is Willycontrol.com

Recently, something has been showing up in the lower right corner of my screen from WillyControl.com several times a day. Sometimes about PayPal wanting to give me money.......Yeah right) lol I want it to stop because it's annoying. Tried doing a search, but can't find anything> Help!!

Comments (11)

• dadoes
    5 years ago

WhoIs reports the domain name was registered on 11/15/2018 to someone in the Cayman Islands ... or maybe that's a privacy reference, not the real address/location.

• Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Your security software seems to have let you down.

Download malwarebytes - the free version - and get rid of it. Don't click on this willy stuff or it will have you by the willy.

After the cleanup, get something else for security and be careful with your internet habits. Avoid websites and links you don't know to be legit.

• country_bumpkin_al
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I have malawarebytes, but it hasn't done a thing for it.

• Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago

If it's in a browser, clear all history and cached files from the browser. Check that it wasn't added as an extension.

If it's a program, try uninstalling it from control panel

• country_bumpkin_al
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I have no idea how to do all that! :(

• Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago

If this is happening in a browser, use a different one.

• country_bumpkin_al
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sloe here! :( How can I tell if it's in my browser?

• Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago

What are you doing on the PC when you see it?

• country_bumpkin_al
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Just surfing around. Different sites. And there is also one from recipelions that shows up[.

• Elmer J Fudd
    5 years ago

Okay, that's a browser. Assuming you have a Windows PC, the most common browsers are Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer (now called Edge). Use a different one from what you have and what you're seeing will go away.

Also, as before, I think you need to get a new internet security program to prevent unwanted downloads and hitchhikers. Ask a neighbor or family member for help if that's beyond what you're comfortable doing.

• country_bumpkin_al
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks, Elmer!! I have Chrome and my son set everything up for me years ago. He moved a couple of years ago Iand I have no idea how to change it,