Well It's Starting - Repubs Deflecting Blame For Ballooning Deficit

HU-511001656

Just like clockwork - Now blame Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid instead of the huge tax cuts Republicans gave the wealthy and corporations

Mitch McConnell and the huge Republican lie about the deficit

Robert Reich
14 Mar 2019 at 08:21 ET

When asked about America’s soaring debt and deficits, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell lamented “It’s disappointing, but it’s not a Republican problem,” and he blames Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Rubbish. It’s not social spending that’s causing the federal deficit to soar. It’s Republican tax cuts, especially on corporations and the wealthy.

Pat Robertson Blames Social Security, Not Trump, For Exploding National Debt

Since Trump took office, he's exploded the national debt and in Pat Robertson's mind that means...raising the retirement age on Social Security. By John Amato

SaveComment13Like6
Comments (13)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ziemia(6a)

What about all the promises Trump gave to not mess with SS and Medicare?

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.”

Save    
dandyfopp

17 Likes Save    
Chi

Yep that's what they do. Give themselves and their buddies tax cuts, wait a little bit and then start whining about the deficit so they can take money away from old people, disabled people and children.

They have no morals.

If our economy is so great, why did Trump add so much to the deficit? And yes Obama did too during a recession. Big difference.

5 Likes Save    
HU-511001656

What should have happened is, when the economy improved. taxes should have been increased to reduce/bring down the deficit.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

...but Obama said we could keep our doctors (as did mostly), but trump didn't say the words "you can keep your SS and Medicare" (as will who now?). Makes a big difference huh, no.

It should be self evident by now that the $22+ Trill debt was the result of 3 major tax cuts, 81'-01'-17' Reagan, W, trump. for some reason repubs don't want to pay our bills, they are crazy nutz and would rather for US to drown in the ever deepening bathtub of debt to reward their corp sponsors in the process. Pretty easy formula, not rocket science. Of course they'll blame the demos, it's what they do.

5 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

Hmm, I wonder which states have high Medicaid dependency. Could it be the states that cannot support themselves?

4 Likes Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

t Rump base are the majority medicaid dependent. Drug abuse WVa. Mississippi and the majority of the Red states that supported the clown. You get what you support. it is going to be a sad day when they start to drain the red state swap of Medicaid Dependent, red state supporters.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Trump's own words:

“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.”

Save    
Kathy

Trump doesn’t even remember what he says. The really sad part is his followers just march along like good little soldiers even when they will be the ones who suffer the consequences.

3 Likes Save    
T.W.

Trump's own words: “I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.”

2 Likes Save    
Linda

They're going to be coming for the 'Pubs' because of this! Do you smell the fear in the Senate?

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

This needs to be a major Dem talking point ... who's really looking out for the average American, hmmm?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Compare the countries with that universal care flavor with the USA

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/06/these-rich-countries-have-high-levels-of-child-poverty/

Save