Media Matters prz. Carusone wrote degrading racist, anti-Semitic blog

catkinZ8a

Media Matters president who is leading a campaign to boycott Fox News host Tucker Carlson wrote a blog which degraded 'jewry', 'tra*nies' and Bangladeshis

• Angelo Carusone is head of liberal advocacy group Media Matters for America
  • One blog entry from Nov 2005 was called 'Tranny Paradise' - and commented on report of Bangladeshi man who was 'robbed by a gang of trans*estites'
  • Carusone also blogged that his boyfriend only leaned conservative 'as a result of his possession of several bags of Jewish gold'
  • Media Matters released two batches of recordings Carlson made as guest on radio's 'Bubba the Love Sponge Show' in 2006-2011
  • In tapes, Carlson made remarks minimizing statutory rape, and labelled Iraq as 'a crappy place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys'

By NICK ENOCH FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 07:42 EDT, 14 March 2019 | UPDATED: 09:11 EDT, 14 March 2019

The president of Media Matters for America - the liberal advocacy group which recently released tapes of controversial comments made by Tucker Carlson - made degrading remarks about 'jewry', 'tra*nies', and Bangladeshis in a blog, it has emerged.

Angelo Carusone is heading a boycott campaign against the Fox News host to try to get him fired over 'racist, sexist and misogynistic' comments Carlson made as a guest on radio's 'Bubba the Love Sponge Show' between 2006 and 2011.

In the tapes, Carlson made remarks minimizing statutory ra*e, used sexist slurs to refer to specific women and referred to Iraq as 'a cra*py place filled with a bunch of, you know, semiliterate primitive monkeys'.

However, Carusone himself has a history of inflammatory comments, according to the Daily Caller.

In a piece posted on November 14, 2005 titled 'Tranny Paradise', Carusone commented on a news report of a Bangladeshi businessman who was robbed by 'a gang of trans*estites'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6808291/Media-Matters-president-Carusone-wrote-blog-degraded-jewry-trannies-Bangladeshis.html

SaveComment38Like
Comments (38)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
d_gw

If he did in fact say offensive things, he also should pay the social and career consequences, just like anyone else who does it. Daily Mail?

And based on the article, he has a long way to go to hit Carlson's level.

Save    
d_gw

Even though it was over ten years ago, which was the excuse posted by the right, again and again and again, in the now vanished Tucker Carlson thread.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Oh wait for it. We'll soon know why it was different when he did it. Not as bad? Longer ago? He's evolved?

oops...bingo, already hit the jackpot. "and based on the article, he has a long way to go to hit Carlson's level." Just need longer ago and he's evolved.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Does his offenses include ok-ing rape of girls?

His words can ruin his career. If he apologizes it may suit his supporters.

Changes nothing about how horrible the revelations on Carlson are.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

LOL! He's saying it was a ....wait for it...parody!

MSM puppet Chris Hayes had Carusone on--and never asked him about his disgusting writings! He even gave Carusone's website a plug.

We're surprised, not.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Though it is beginning to seem that Carlson's supporters do not see statutory rape as being bad.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

So, write a thoughtful letter to Hayes. Contact his advertisers.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The "too long ago to matter" argument is used by TrumpFans, not the others.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The logic of some Trump supporters is striking.

1 Like Save    
catkinZ8a

Methinks.....

Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

It would be good to include a link to the blog so we can read his word in context, but I agree that they are distasteful.

Not to the level of advocating for statutory raping kids though. The rape of children definitely trumps all other sins.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Sounds to me like he was doing a variation on what Stephen Colbert used to do--play the role of the conservative newscaster/host in such a way that he also was making fun of (as in 'putting down') that viewpoint.

Ironic satire is what I would call it. Unfortunately for some who can't navigate the various and contradictory levels of such a complex presentation, the conservative host is all they see, and they feel sorry for him because the audience is making fun of him.

Irony, in particular, runs right over the heads of some.

Kate

Save    
dockside_gw

Yeah, if it was satire. We need to see and/or actually hear the words.

And, irony, does run right over the heads of some/many, especially with Colbert being invited to M.C. the journalist's dinner in 2006. The Republicans that invited him did so on the basis of his satirical program, not understanding that it was satirical.

2 Likes Save    
bob_cville

Republican speaking: "Irony does not go over my head. I'm too fast, i would catch it."

(apologies to Drax)

Save    
catkinZ8a

Media Matters president Carusone's words are so disgustingly foul and racist, they'd never make it thru the HOUZZ filter.

Look for yourselves, or don't.

Save    
HU-511001656

Headscratcher here....

So what you're saying is , Carusone is as bad /equal to Tucker for his past comments and needs to be called out on them...but you don't think what Tucker said was all that bad?

Got it

Tell me, what are the chances somebody liberal thinking in that way is allowed to work for a liberal org that highlights and holds the rightwing media in check.

I think zero is even too high of a chance

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

You got it HU656.

And they seem to give a yawn about men bedding girls.

1 Like Save    
mrskjun(9)

Nope, have no intention of going after the advertisers of Media Matters. Don't read it, so why? If those who choose to read it want to continue, that's their prerogative.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

So what you're saying is , Carusone is as bad /equal to Tucker for his past comments and needs to be called out on them...but you don't think what Tucker said was all that bad?

You got it! I think the right would have more credibility if they had posted comments that Tucker should be held accountable for his words on the Tucker thread. To ignore Tucker's words and then show outrage for Carusone rings hollow.

Save    
d_gw

Okay, let's change it into a few questions. Yes or no will suffice. Easy peasy.

Is Carusone as bad /equal to Carlson for his past comments?

Does Carusone needs to be called out?

Does Carlson need to be called out?

My answers are no, yes, yes.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"so, what... " is so tired. Yet

"so, why" is still ok.

d_g, you didn't include "Did Carusone joke about and suggest men bedding girls is Ok?"

And

Did either apologize?

Save    
paprikash

I think we should look back at anything and everything from preschool on. The ten year Rule can’t apply when it only applies to one side.

1 Like Save    
d_gw

We can do that! One more yes or no question.

Is it okay for adult men to joke about and discuss having sex with minors?

My answer? Heck, no.

Save    
d_gw

paprikash -

The ten year rule? That was the "excuse" presented repeatedly by the Trump fans in one of the other Carlson threads. I believe the thread has been poofed. Nobody from the left agreed. The ten year rule was posted in this thread sarcastically to illustrate the hypocrisy.

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

They twist and turn their own arguments.

TrumpFans yesterday said there should be a 10-year limit on bad behaviors.

Let me know if you want a snip from the TC thread if you need a refresher.

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

I thought going back 10 years and more was stupid but I have evolved

i now firmly believe we should all be responsible for anything and everything we’ve ever said or done from preschool on.

1 Like Save    
elvis

ziemia wrote: Let me know if you want a snip from the TC thread if you need a refresher.

Yes! Yesterday I asked that someone post the transcript from Carlson wherein he said that raping children was okay. I would have liked to see the answer(s). Maybe that's why the thread was pulled, he didn't actually say that? Is my question responsible for that? Hm.

I'll use today's "quotes" attributed to Carlson. Someone please post the link to the transcript so that we're talking about facts here. Here's what was posted today on this thread that Carlson supposedly said way back when:

Does his offenses include ok-ing rape of girls?

Though it is beginning to seem that Carlson's supporters do not see statutory rape as being bad.

The rape of children definitely trumps all other sins.

Does his offenses include ok-ing rape of girls? (ziemia used this in 2 separate posts, write "okaying" next time).

Save    
d_gw

Really? Links to articles and transcripts and quotes were posted numerous times in that thread. Also easily found on Google.

Here is a link to right wing article about the issue which includes quotes from Carlson. Including things like:

CARLSON: Look, just to make it absolutely clear. I am not defending underage marriage at all. I just don’t think it’s the same thing exactly as pulling a child from a bus stop and sexually assaulting that child.

CO-HOST: Yeah, it’s — you know what it is? It’s much more planned out and plotted.

THE LOVE SPONGE: Yeah, it should be almost — you almost should put a premeditation —

CARLSON: Wait, wait! Hold on a second. The rapist, in this case, has made a lifelong commitment to [love]* and take care of the person, so it is a little different. I mean, let’s me honest about it.

CO-HOST: That’s twisted.

CARLSON: I’m sorry, I don’t know how I —

CO-HOST: That’s demented.

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2019/03/11/tucker-carlson-shouldnt-fired-cant-apologize/

Save    
d_gw

CO-HOST: Yeah, that’s what Warren Jeffs’ in prison for. He’s not in prison for polygamy, he’s in prison for child rape.

TUCKER CARLSON: Well, actually, he’s not in prison for that. He didn’t — Warren Jeffs didn’t marry underaged girls, actually.

CO-HOST: No, he’s in prison for facilitation of child rape.

CARLSON: Whatever the hell that means.

CO-HOST: That means that —

CARLSON: He’s in prison because he’s weird and unpopular and he has a different lifestyle that other people find creepy.

CO-HOST: No, he is an accessory to the rape of children. That is a felony and a serious one at that.

Save    
d_gw

In another appearance, Carlson discussed a news story about a 13-year-old boy who had sex with his adult female teacher. Carlson defended the teacher’s predatory behavior, saying that 13-year-old boys “have one goal” — “to get laid,” as Bubba helpfully answered — and if their teacher isn’t having sex with them, then they’re going to “take that out on 13-year-old girls.”

Continued Carlson, “teachers like this, not necessarily this one in particular, but they are doing a service to all 13-year-old girls by taking the pressure off. They are a pressure relief valve, like the kind you have on your furnace.”

Save    
d_gw

All those scenarios that Carlson was joking about? Sex with minors, which is child rape.

Elvis, you good now?

Save    
elvis

Nope. Need proof.

Save    
d_gw

Do you want to listen to the audio? Read other sources? All easily found on the internet. Google is your friend. Have at it.

Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

The audio is readily available.

More tellingly, Tucker did not deny it. He proudly owned that he said it and called it "naughty."

Save    
T.W.

Trump posts racist, antisemitic tweets all the time,

That doesn't bother you?

Save    
d_gw

She has left the building. Or at least the thread :)

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Elvis: "Nope. Need proof."

Anyone know what is needed - what is the proof? Seems the audio and the transcript isn't sufficient.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

So, ok-ing is it!

Save    
Dominion Granite and Marble is Northern Virginia and DC's premier fabricator. We specialize in countertops,... Read More