SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rgator2

Bluestar vs. Capital

rgator2
5 years ago

I am in the middle of building a new home. I am looking at the 60" Bluestar and the Capital. I am considering the Bluestar Platinum, RNB and the Capital Culinarian or Connoisseurian. We have only cooked with all gas in the past but would consider dual fuel. We have no space for wall ovens. We are installing a Miele steam oven and a Miele speed oven. We want open burners, grille and griddle (GG). We love to grille. The griddle will be new to us.

I have read for hours through the posts. The info, that I have read in regards to the Bluestar Platinum (BP) seems to be older. The general consensus that I have established is that the BP had some issues early on but now the issues have been addressed. It seems that the BP cooktop portion of the range is well liked. The ovens, with the power burner, seem to be an issue for some. I was leaning toward the BP but the oven issues concern me.

The RNB seems to be well received. A little less power on the cook top but I do not know if that will make that much of a difference. I do not know if I would like the stationary grille and griddle (GG) they seem small in size and power. If I went this way I am considering ordering the removable GG from the platinum series.

There is not much info at all on the Capital ranges. But I am open minded.

I would like to hear some up to date info. from some Platinum owners. How do you like the grille griddle combination unit? What are your thoughts on the ovens? How has customer service been,if needed? In addition, from RNB owners, how is your grille & griddle if you have one. I would like to hear any info on the Capitals.

Any and all info. would be appreciated.

Thank You

Comments (18)