Is Donnie afraid?

dandyfopp

Sounds like it.

SaveComment74Like
Comments (74)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mayflowers

Watched another segment of The Dictator's Playbook on PBS a few days ago. Trump's taking a page right out of it.

6 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Bikers for Trump -- a force to be reckoned with???

3 Likes Save    
d_gw

WTH?

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

It is a threat, no doubt.

8 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump has threatened his way to the Presidency. It is his MO. When all else fails bring in the clowns.

8 Likes Save    
cattyles

Yeah, it’s a threat. It’s too bad the Repubs that should be keeping trump in check are scared.

5 Likes Save    
mayflowers

They can only act under his orders so he is saying he would order them to kill Americans.

3 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Armageddon via "The Tough Ones for Trump."

To tell you the truth, I often think Trump gets his view of "history" and vision of life and the future from the movies. We know he doesn't read, so he is not being influenced by books, but like too many of the public (especially those who became Trumpsters), he "learns" from Hollywood--because he doesn't understand the difference between accuracy and "dramatic values." Besides, "dramatic" is always more interesting.

Kate

3 Likes Save    
mayflowers

What do you think the campaign season of 2020 will look like? Worse than 2016? Real violence instead of just threats? I think the hate will intensify though it's hard to believe it could get any worse.

5 Likes Save    
d_gw

He's trying to send a signal to the goons in the truck who murdered Frank Cali.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

It will get worse, he isn't going to leave quietly no matter what the outcome of the election.

He has his cult whipped up to believe that everyone who says a word against him is in on it, every institution is involved and that Donnie is the font of truth and trust.

He is saying here I have the guns, I have the power.

Don't let things get bad for Donnie.

2 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

12 Likes Save    
d_gw

I think the election is going to be tough for Trump and like every other time we see him get backed into a corner he is going to make himself feel better with lies, insults and bullying.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Wait a minute and calm down - he was making a joke! "Libs" don't have a sense of humor and this response proves it!

/S

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

I could be wrong, but I don't think the election is going to be the tough thing for trump. The election is going to be shoved to the very back of the consideration pile when the investigation results begin to come to light.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Perhaps, but staying in office is the surest thing going to keep him out of jail.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

I think it will get worse before it gets better, due to his cult. His M.O. is bullying and he will bully his cult into doing even more violent acts. If he makes enough threats, some right wing extremists nuts with guns (and worse) may take him seriously and act out in the worst possible ways on our streets.

2 Likes Save    
Swampy

He's threatening America with a military takeover.

1 Like Save    
socks(10a)

2020--can you imagine the lies that will spew from his mean little mouth? And the insulting nicknames for the Democrat candidates? This is going to be ugly because he likes it that way.

OK, I've called him any number of names here, but the difference is that he earns them.

1 Like Save    
Rina

You're right, Swampy, perhaps in a muddy kind of way. But the American military is a very, very big organisation, and some of the most influential people in that organisation are not too amused with Mr Trump. But oh how I love the bit about bikers. I hope it was a joke. It would be the first sign that your pres actually has a sense of humour, which is a sign of intelligence. Of course if it wasn't a joke, it's even funnier. Sicker, but funnier.

Save    
dandyfopp

Par for the course. No mention of Donnie threatening other Americans.

Save    
paprikash

Guess I really don’t see a threat (I’m not a snowflake)

Save    
d_gw

That's called confirmation bias.

Bikers? Then it would get very bad, very bad?

If it isn't a threat, what is the point of the tweet?

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Yep, that sounded like a threat alright, if trump doesn't get his way he'll give the order release the hounds. I doubt trumpsters here will riot in the streets, they aren't that crazy crossing the red line...well, maybe a couple, like the one or two who posted the pepe the frog memes some time back. The military won't follow trump down mayhem road either. Bikers? they might go out for a ride and rev up their engines. But who knows, I may have to resurrect my thread asking "If trump goes down will he take the country with him?"...again.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Paprikash: " You all are a joke"

This statement is against the community rules.

4 Likes Save    
maifleur01

I would not be as concerned about this as I am except so many of Trump's followers are in the military and police.

Ziemia if you think this is a joke as your above comment indicates start looking how similar things have played out it other countries. It is NOT a joke.

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

Maifleur, those are Paprikash's words, not Ziemia's.

2 Likes Save    
woodnymph2_gw

vgkg, go ahead and resurrect it.

Save    
dandyfopp

Ziemia(6a)

Paprikash: " You all are a joke"

Replaced by snowflake.

Pap didn't you just call for making nice yesterday?

1 Like Save    
paprikash

You must admit that some of the posts have to be a joke — I mean, really, people can’t really mean this stuff. It has to be a joke.

Save    
woodnymph2_gw

Joke? There is nothing funny about Trump's open threats.

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

It is funny when he means other people.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I don't think trump has the military...we already know which side guys like Kelly and Mattis would be on, and it's not trump's ... rather they're on the side of the Constitution.

I wouldn't want to be in military leadership under trump and have to face that tough decision of following a president or the nation.

Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

I have big tough friends and you're very lucky that they haven't acted out. They haven't, but they could, and then you would all be sorry.

Bahahaha hilarious.

3 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Pap, what does trump mean by "certain point"? Is it not clear to you that whatever that certain point is, violence will result--the "it" that will be very bad?

Save    
paprikash

OMG — to some, it’s not a joke. Wow!

oh, btw dandy I really really thought some of what you all were posting was a joke. Also, didn’t know snowflake is now an unacceptable word — didn’t get the memo. However, I never specifically called anyone a snowflake. I just stated I wasn’t one so I hope this makes you feel better.

Save    
mayflowers

Okay, let's assume it's a joke. What's funny about it?

4 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Whether or not Donnie has the will of the police, the military or the infamous Louisville Outlaws, this language is dangerous and it is deadly.

Has it been a month since the FBI stopped the coast guard lieutenant who had a kill list and the guns to carry the list out?

Pap change the speaker to Obama and read the quote back to yourself.

That might stifle the giggles.

7 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Trump may or may not have the military leaders but he has many of the people below that both in the military and police forces.

1 Like Save    
AITG

"Guess I really don’t see a threat (I’m not a snowflake)"

Shades of people who looked the other way when previous dictators rose to power.

9 Likes Save    
paprikash

The corrupt DOJ under Obama is far more frightening

Save    
catticusmockingbird

Pap change the speaker to Obama and read the quote back to yourself.

Change it to any other name and stop and think what it means.

Save    
mayflowers

Why don't we just control our outrage for now and let the trump supporters explain why it's okay for a president to say that he has the military, the police, and other bad dudes behind him and it will get very bad if he has to use them.

5 Likes Save    

What did Cohen say again? Something to the effect of "you all thought he was kidding...he wasn't kidding."

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Let's not forget what someone who knows him best had to say:

"Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020, that there will never be a peaceful transition of power."

-- Michael Cohen

I find nothing funny about that. This coming from a man who testified that he threatened people for trump about 500 times over the 10 years he worked for him.

3 Likes Save    
mayflowers

Roger Stone made similar remarks.

"Try to impeach him. Just try it," Stone said. "You will have a spasm of
violence in this country, an insurrection like you’ve never seen.”

Save    
Rina

Mea culpa for being frivolous when this really isn't -- as a whole -- at all funny. I get that. I just had this vision of the Bikers of America vrooming themselves up for a civil war. You have to admit that's a bit bizarre, to say the least.

Paprikash, I don't think a corrupt DOJ under Obama could be any more frightening than a corrupt pretty well everything under Trump, who is threatening the nation with every kind of violence he can think of.

Save    
paprikash

mayflowers

Pap, what does trump mean by "certain point"? Is it not clear to you that whatever that certain point is, violence will result--the "it" that will be very bad?

————-

I’m guessing it means the military, police, and bikers are tough but they don’t play it tough until that certain point —perhaps that certain point would be if they are attacked by loony people?? Perhaps, in the case of military, in defense of our country. Perhaps, in the case of police, when lawbreakers attack them. Perhaps, in the case of bikers, if they are attacked first. All those “its” would be very bad. All guesses, all speculation

Save    
d_gw

Usually the simplest explanation is the one that is correct. So, which would probably be correct?

Three words - it's a threat. Or - a paragraph of verbal gyrations?

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

maifleur: perhaps you need glasses? My comment is one my more clearly written ones (of course it doesn't help that Paprikash changed hers after I submitted mine).

Save    
paprikash

What did I change?

eta never mind I think it’s the joke thing and I did believe that some of these posts were jokes (or should have been)

Save    
marquest(PA zone 6)

Donnie really is scared, He is talking about hands. You know how he fears the hand size coming up.

Save    
catticusmockingbird

paprikash

What did I change?

" You all are a joke" was changed when Ziemia said:

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Paprikash - we know you edited out your insult. What is the harm from you admitting it?

1 Like Save    
AITG

Sticks and stones yadda yadda yadda

:P

LOL

1 Like Save    
paprikash

Get a grip

eta I did not delete my original comment where I said you all are a joke. Some unidentified snowflake who had hurt feelings must have deleted it. I don’t delete (except for a one time post about BHO!s MIL where my FB said she was getting a pension)

Save    
paprikash

^and why would I bother to justify anything to you, AITG. Not worth my time

1 Like Save    
AITG

Aw shucks Parikash...you took the time to address me when you could have scrolled on by.

I'm touched.

Save    
paprikash

Guess it’s apparent who deletes their posts and probably others,too - AITG!

Save    
queenmargo

I'm touched.

That has at least 2 meanings that I know of. LOL

Save    
queenmargo

When someone was a little "Off " shall we say, we would say they are touched .

Save    
AITG

Of course I deleted that comment,Pap,..it didn't make sense after you edited what I was responding to.

Hard to keep up with you guys.

2 Likes Save    
AITG

Yep.

Certifiably.

Sue me.

2 Likes Save    
queenmargo

LOL

Save    
AITG

(((Margie)))

1 Like Save    
mayflowers

Paprikash, he's talking about the left. I haven't seen his quote in context, only what's in the OP. What is the "certain point" that the left would drive them to to violence? Impeachment? Obstruction of justice charges? Losing an election?

Has anyone seen the context?

Save    
dandyfopp

Trump’s comments came in a wider part of the conversation about how the left is more “vicious” than the right—and that the left in American politics plays “cuter and tougher.”

“So here’s the thing—it’s so terrible what’s happening,” Trump said when asked by Breitbart News Washington Political Editor Matthew Boyle about how the left is fighting hard. “You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]—that’s all they want to do is –you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/03/13/exclusive-president-donald-trump-paul-ryan-blocked-subpoenas-of-democrats/

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Trump translation: Nice country you have here -- be a shame if something happened to it . . .

2 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

OMG....is he going to send The Walking Dead for us next? Hmmm. I wonder

what he is watching on TV right now, so we can be prepared. What a bully,

moron, idiot, half-wit.

1 Like Save    
paprikash

Everything will be alright (sending cyber pats on the backs of the concerned)

Save    
maifleur01

No need for glasses the statement I am referring to has no quotes or anything to direct it as a comment to a previous one.

"Wait a minute and calm down - he was making a joke! "Libs" don't have a sense of humor and this response proves it!

/S"

Save    

maifleur "/S" indicates that the poster is using Sarcasm :)

1 Like Save    
Swampy

deegw123 said:

Typical of the right, expecting comments on a political message board to be held to a higher standard than comments from the President.

Their standard is "how can I screw America"

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Vintage Style My Houzz: Sweetly Charming Ohio Family Cottage
This well-loved home exudes warmth with family heirlooms and hand-crafted furnishings, paired with a gorgeous backyard garden
Full Story
Decorating Styles The '70s Are Back. Can Ya Dig It?
No need to cringe. These 21 groovy blasts from the past are updated to look fabulous today
Full Story
Eclectic Style Kitchen Workbook: 10 Elements of an Eclectic Kitchen
Eclectic kitchens can come in wildly different flavors, from homespun to far flung. Consider these 10 a sample platter
Full Story