Matt Whittaker lied under oath.

dandyfopp

SaveComment27Like2
Comments (27)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathy

I wonder what prompted his disclosure he lied to Congress? Has he decided he won’t sacrifice his life for Trump? It seems some are seeing the light.

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

Well, what do you know!

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

What prompted it? Matt is scared out of his mind.

2 Likes Save    
Swampy

interesting

Save    
Kathy

There must be witnesses or recordings.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

His future in private industry might depend on him caring about his integrity.

Save    
Becca Reese

What's with the Whitacker obsession? Goose stepping to the Democrats' indignation that Trump appointed him!

But the top Republican on the committee, Rep. Doug Collins of Georgia, disputed Nadler's characterization, saying Whitaker told them he "did not talk with the president about Mr. Cohen at all."

-CNN

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

LOL Collins.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Another thought - pure speculation - he did have access to info while serving as AG so he may have a hint of what the future will bring.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

So Whitaker didn’t confirm or deny conversations with Trump about Cohen. Hmm.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Obsession with Whitaker? Really? I never hear Dems talking about him. He was and is in way over his head. Best thing he can do for himself is tell the truth.

Save    
dandyfopp

Yep.

2 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

Could this be a rat about to abandon the ship?

1 Like Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

I do think Trump has surrounded himself with crooks, liars, and people lacking any moral sense whatsoever. I hope they are all sweating, including his family members.

2 Likes Save    
SpringIsComing

How is talking about a prominent figure in our government, who was testifying to Congress in a closed door session, an obsession? Can someone explain that to me?

Save    
dandyfopp

Maybe, after about 500 gallons of Donnie Dew and a concussion.

1 Like Save    
soupgirl53

Trumpsters would like us to be more like them by taking no interest in the varous hearings, investigations and court proceedings related to the Trump administration. Sorry, that's not going to happen.

2 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

For those who care, I apologize for the typo with respect to the word "various" in my prior post.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

The reason why whittaker is a person of interest is that he worked for sessions and apparently provided trump with a window into what was going on with the Mueller investigation...that was why trump named him acting AG...in the hopes that he would be loyal enough to trump to interfere with the investigation. What nadler is revealing is evidence that trump did in fact try to interfere by talking to whittaker about the case and trying to get him to change personnel at the SDNY too. This is after the ethics people said the right thing for whittaker to do would be to recuse himself from anything to do with the Mueller investigation...but he wouldn't.

Remember, in addition to being totally unqualified to be AG, whittaker is also a scum, having been the "enforcer" for a scam he was involved in.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/11/iowa-ethics-complaint-against-matthew-whitaker-trump

Sarno’s complaint said Whitaker served as an “enforcer” for World Patent Marketing, which wasshut down in May by federal regulators who found it had cheated hopeful inventors out of millions of dollars. Whitaker was paid almost $10,000 to serve as a member of the firm’s advisory board.

“Matthew G Whitaker allegedly aided and abetted a fraudulent marketing scheme that cheated thousands of consumers,” Sarno’s eight-page complaint said.

3 Likes Save    
petalique

Whitaker vowed to throw himself on a plastic squirt gun to protect trump.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I said it before and it bears repeating...is there *anything* that trump and his have cadre have done the right way, legally, without a scheme or cheat? I think not. If someone knows of something, let me know.

1 Like Save    
dockside_gw

.is there *anything* that trump and his have cadre have done the right way, legally, without a scheme or cheat?

This is the way that Trump operated before becoming president. He doesn't know any other way and I think he assumed that he could continue operating that way as president. Since "like attracts like," my answer to your question is "NO."

Save    
AITG

"Whitaker vowed to throw himself on a plastic squirt gun to protect trump. "

If only he had the foresight to recognize it being full of nitro glycerin.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Could this be a rat about to abandon the ship?"

What else could it possibly be?

Save    
AITG

This ball is rolling. best to get out of the way,lest one be bowled over.

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

...is there *anything* that trump and his have cadre have done the right way, legally, without a scheme or cheat?

A thorough investigation into this would be required. I wonder which department would be responsible for the launch.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Have to say - it's a good move on his part to reappear to answer questions - even though "no record" was part of it.

It sounds like his "No" may have changed to "No comment" a few times.

Save    
Energy efficient concrete homes are our specialty at Old Europe Construction LLC. We build insulated concrete... Read More