No Collusion! - How The Gullible Trump Base Is Being Played

HU-511001656

Again, Manafort's lawyer came out after his sentencing and said there was no Russian collusion.

when neither case had anything to do at all w/Russia.

SaveComment58Like1
Comments (58)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Becca Reese

Um, yeah, about that...both judges came out and clarified prior to sentencing, that Manfort's sentencing had nothing to do with collusion, Russian collusion, Trump, Trump/Russia collusion.

So there's that.

Gullible judges...

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Yep.

7 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

Words for an audience of one.

15 Likes Save    
HU-511001656

WATCH: Protestors Were Ready For Manafort's Attorney This Time

Everybody knew Manafort's attorney Kevin
Downing was going to go before the microphones and lie about "no
collusion." This time truth-tellers were ready for him.

By Frances Langum

https://crooksandliars.com/2019/03/watch-protestors-were-ready-manaforts

4 Likes Save    
leona_2008

What a coincidence. The wax figure of trump should have a recorder of trump saying, "No collusion. No collusion. No collusion."

4 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

It's remarkable that the very Trump-hate crowd has to clarify to Trump supporters that there is no proof of no collusion. Yet.

Yeah, we know that. Now did you ever consider that your assurances of collusion from your MSM for 2+ years means that it's you who are gullible?

5 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

7 Likes Save    
Kathy

The cases were not about Collusion. There was no ruling on collusion. That’s a lot different than there was no collusion.

7 Likes Save    
margievank

Well, seems there is a lot of investigating for NO collusion. Seems the left thinks that's OK to dig up any old thing and prosecute just so they can say they found something on someone associated with Trump. This whole thing has been a witch hunt and the REAL villains remain at large.

2 Likes Save    
d_gw

Donald! Donald! Yoo hoo! Don't forget me! No collusion! Donald! No collusion! Don't forget me! Yoo hoo!

14 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

LOL, then NY had to burst that bubble. SAD.

11 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Gee, are you really saying no collusion? Should we name names of everyone on this forum that claimed they had the evidence of collusion LOL

3 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

If you get away with it for 10 years - you are all good! Everyone's personal history going back beyond 10 years should be sealed (sarcasm, of course).

Those Catholic priests being would definitely agree. (They thought they did have this deal.)

4 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Kjun - sure hope you recall my many comments about collusion. About 'who cares'.

PS: there's so much more than "collusion". TrumpFans don't care about any of it except that which is negative about Obama and Hillary. As for me, I want it all to come out.

Save    
chase_gw

I don't know if some Trump supporters have cognitive issues or are just being loyal , truth blind Trump supporters but it was very very clear what the judge said......very clear.

She said the case was not about collusion. What is confusing about that statement?

________

she pointed out that the question of whether Trump’s campaign “conspired or colluded” with Russia “was not presented in this case"

9 Likes Save    
Izzy Mn

As said above the cases Manafort has been sentenced so far on were not about collusion. No charges have been filed so far on collusion ie: not done yet.

Those charges can still be filed.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/13/18264178/kevin-downing-manafort-collusion-judge-jackson

Trump doesn't seem to understand the charges didn't deal with collusion so he couldn't be found guilty if it. Do Trump's supporters understand this? More charges can still come. (Fixed it, had to answer phone)

I wonder, can FBI make a deal on Manaforts charges so far to testify against Trump? Maybe now he will be a rat.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Trump doesn't seem to understand that and most of his supporters.

Where's the end of that sentence?

Save    
Joaniepoanie

A judge states at sentencing.........."this case is not about robbery. It is about driving while intoxicated."

A lawyer on the courthouse steps after sentencing.........."my client didn't steal anything."

Friends of client........."see, I told you he didn't steal anything!"

Everyone else rolls eyes in disbelief.

14 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

Even Fox says, don't be an idiot.

5 Likes Save    
Current Resident(z4 WI)

......claimed they had the evidence of collusion LOL

So, what, Roger Stone doesnt exist in your alt universe? There needs to be a certain threshold of evidence before an indictment or arrest occurs.... so that counts for something imho. Your mileage may vary.

Although of course in this country we reserve judgement until the process plays out. Shouldn't have to say that but I will.

Save    
Stan Areted

This whole thing has been a witch hunt and the REAL villains remain at large.

Try Chappaqua. . Follow the empty wine bottles.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

LOL

4 Likes Save    
chase_gw

So much for the ten year rule !

14 Likes Save    
Kathy

Since there are too many investigations, I take it no Reps on here are concerned Manafort might have committed treason? No one cares if Trump was involved? No one cares if Trump laundered money for Putin?

All I can say, is that someone is worried Trump and his cohorts might have been criminals or more.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"She said the case was not about collusion. What is confusing about that statement?"

Ask the libs who expected Manafort to "sing!"

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Two things strike me here:

1) it isn't mutually exclusive...it's not manafort is guilty of collusion *or* other things, and if they convict him of other things, it means there is no collusion. Wrong. It can be *both*. Just because this case didn't directly deal with it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

2) while this case did not deal directly with collusion, it did reveal collusion between manafort and kilimnick re the internal polling data which manafort gave kilimnick in Aug. for the russians to use to help target their disinformation and elect trump campaign. And they discussed a Ukraine 'peace plan' otherwise known as an excuse to lift sanctions on russia. quid pro quo at the highest levels of the trump campaign. That sure smells like conspiracy and election rigging to me as well as receiving in kind benefits from a foreign entity to a campaign which is illegal.

5 Likes Save    
purrmichigan(5)

Is trumpy paying for these ridiculous claims. Does trump's base ever use critical thought?

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Seems the left thinks that's OK to dig up any old thing and prosecute just so they can say they found something on someone associated with Trump.

Interesting. Are you saying you're ok with trump surrounding himself with felons including his personal lawyer, the head of his campaign, and his NSA with charges such as conspiracy against the US, witness tampering, and fraud? Not to mention the judge reviewing Flynn's case even asked if they considered charging him with treason! That these are just "any old thing" in your book, and that the *only* crime that would count would be conspiracy with russia?

3 Likes Save    
elvis

I take it no Reps on here are concerned Manafort might have committed treason?

Are we involved in hostilities with someone Manifort aided and abetted to do this:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding anyoffice under the United States.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"levies war against them or adheres to their enemies"

The "or" is meaningless?

Save    
Kathy

Manafort worked for Yukanovych for a decade, who was just convicted of treason by Ukraine because he was Putins puppet.

1 Like Save    
Izzy Mn

You know what. This stuff is just chilling. You know we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this stuff and any one with half a brain should have red flags, flashing lights and sirens going off warning danger. What we don't see and don't know is what is more frightening. And there is so much that is wrong, not just a few. So much wrong doing it's overwhelming sometimes hearing about it.

Felt the need to rant a little.

Is there a site that keeps track of all this in a organized manner? I really don't want to take notes.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

It is chilling when almost 1/2 of America doesn’t want to see it. They think Dems are picking on Trump simply because we lost an election. It is mind boggling.

7 Likes Save    
lily12

I loved that heckler shouting down Manaforts stupid lawyer. This trial had NOTHING to do with collusion. It's just was said for the benefit of tRumps weak-minded cult. I love that the verdict was still ringing in the air when new indictments came in from New York. LOVE it. tRump can't pardon this sentence. Poor old Paulie. Used to strut around like a peacock in his ostrich coat. Now he's a feeble old grey haired man with gout.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Manafort deserved his conviction. He was playing dirty long before he became Trumps campaign manager for 100 days. Trying to connect his crimes to Trump can only occupy the left for a short time.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Trying to connect his crimes to Trump...

No need to try...it's already been done. Including trump's dangling pardon's out there to keep manafort from fully cooperating...and his lawyers twice now after each sentencing signaling to an audience of one that they showed "no collusion, no collusion".

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

What I really like more is that cohen flipped on trump when he realized that trump, selfish and disloyal as he is, would never give cohen a pardon. I wonder how confident manafort is that he'll get one...

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Pointless now. Thank you NYC.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Paulies daughters had a lot more to say about Trump, if one bothers to read.

4 Likes Save    
Swampy

Manafort and Trump have known each other since 1988. Manafort's lobbying agency had Trump as a client since the early 1990's

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/10/a-timeline-of-paul-manaforts-relationship-with-the-trump-world.html

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yes dandy, except for Gamble v US...not sure what the status is now...but it has implications for presidential pardons reaching to the state level.

Save    
chase_gw

Love how Trump supporeters just ignore the fact Trump hires crooks. People he knows will do dishonest things especially if directed. He hires based on loyalty and a commitment to protect him.

It's how he runs the Government too.......him first.....his responsibilities to the Constitution last.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Well Donnie thinks he is above the law and the cult agrees.

2 Likes Save    
how2girl

Can’t wait for the collusion cases, best till last.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Yes chase, and somehow they think there's this Chinese wall (hah! a wall!) between trump and everyone who works for him, so somehow, whatever illegalities they were involved in, he was completely in the dark, knew nothing, said nothing, did nothing...like trump doesn't keep a finger involved in *every single aspect* of his businesses.

As cohen said under oath and in his testimony, he acted at the direction of trump, so not only did he commit felonies, he did it because his boss told him to.

1 Like Save    
SpringIsComing

I once went to court for a speeding ticket.

I paid a fine for speeding (my bad).

I was not charged with shoplifting when I went to court for my speeding ticket.

To some, the logical conclusion is I never shoplifted.

3 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

According to Trumpers these guilty guys from the campaign had nothing to do with Trump. They only got caught for their own corrupt financial lives, and/or for lying about meetings with Russians. That’s nothing! What’s important is that God sent him to MAGA just for them and finally there is a man in the White House that will defend the straight white Christian victims of society. Everything else is just Liberals being unfair.

The law and order White House is neither.

2 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

5 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

11 nazis, that's the devil's dozen, not quite 12 but bad enough.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Re Constitution. GOP is considering a bill to allow Trump to ignore Constitution, just this once, for the Emergency order for the wall.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Again, Manafort's lawyer came out after his sentencing and said there was no Russian collusion. when neither case had anything to do at all w/Russia."

LOL! When Manafort "flipped" back in September of 2018, that's NOT what lefties were saying. We had a thread that started out with this from WAPO:

FTA, linked below:

"President Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort agreed Friday to provide testimony to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III as part of a plea deal that could answer some of the most critical questions about whether any Americans conspired with Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dems had high hopes Manafort would provide a "link" to RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!

One can understand why they're eager to leave the impression they had NO expectation collusion would be found. It was a naive belief nobody wants to take "credit" for.

And that explains why they're now running away from "Sing Paul, Sing!" and "Manafort is working for Mueller now." They're working to promote a new narrative to bury the very narrative they were promoting in September!

"Again, Manafort's lawyer came out after his sentencing and said there was no Russian collusion. when neither case had anything to do at all w/Russia."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/manafort-plans-to-plead-guilty-to-second-set-of-charges/2018/09/14/a1541068-b5c9-11e8-a7b5-adaaa5b2a57f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5f70e73a3fda

Save    
AITG

" Love how Trump supporeters just ignore the fact ..."

Wonder how much their ego comes into play here. An attack on him is an attack on them from their perspective?

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

abh, manafort entered into a cooperation agreement and then *reneged* on it. That's not according to me...that's according to the prosecutors who found that he continued lying after the agreement and they could prove it. So yeah, he said he was going to cooperate and then didn't. So it only makes sense to ignore what he did say as he's not been truthful. The hope was he would help get to the bottom of the investigation, but he didn't.

Moreover, this particular case against manafort was not directly on the subject of russian collusion and the judge in the case made that perfectly clear. It was manafort's defense that kept saying, 'no collusion' despite the fact that the judge kept telling them it was totally irrelevant to the case at hand and did nothing to bolster their client's defense.

There is only one reason why manafort's defense keeps saying 'no collusion' and that's because they are counting on a pardon from trump...they are playing to an audience of one.

When the facts change, re-evaluate. The facts changed.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"So yeah, he said he was going to cooperate and then didn't."

You don't know that he didn't cooperate. He met with prosecutors at least 9 different times, providing hours of testimony. All he had to do was lie once to violate the agreement. Prosecutors must have had some reason to continue questioning him.

"The hope was he would help get to the bottom of the investigation, but he didn't."

What investigation would that be? Manafort has been sentenced. What investigation are you talking about?

Save    
heri cles

When Katy Tur called Trumo out when he first asked Russia to collude, everyone else sat on their hands. It's time to for people from all sides to stop tolerating what has been going on.

Manafort has been sentenced. What investigation are you talking about?

What did manafort get in return for proprietary polling data?

Save    
ItsAGoodDay

LOL! When Manafort "flipped" back in September of 2018, that's NOT what lefties were saying.

What does that have to do with the charges filed against Manafort in this case? I'll give you a hint -- nothing.

Which part of what the judge said was not clear to you?

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Collusion is NOT a crime. Many (far from all) have been making this point right along.

Sure, some had high hopes.

#######

I had high hopes of seeing a link to that old thread.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

You don't know that he didn't cooperate.

Yes I do know that as it was in the sentencing documents. Here summarized by vox:

• But last November, after Manafort had met 12 times with the government and appeared twice before Mueller’s grand jury, the government announced that they believed he’d breached his plea agreement by repeatedly lying to them on several different topics. And last Wednesday, DC Judge Amy Berman Jackson sided with the government on most of those accusations.

See actual memo here: https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000168-f3c4-d418-a57b-f3f7bcd60000

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Data Watch Houzz Survey Results: Remodeling Likely to Trump Selling in 2014
Most homeowners say they’re staying put for now, and investing in features to help them live better and love their homes more
Full Story
Cleaning 10 Things Clean Freaks Know to Be True
Are you completely committed to domestic cleanliness? Then you may recognize some of these spotless truths
Full Story
Apartment Life Mission Possible: A Designer Decorates a Blank Apartment in 4 Days
Four days and $10,000 take an apartment from bare to all-there. Get the designer's daily play-by-play
Full Story
T.J. Gilbride Architects, Inc. is a full-service architectural design firm specializing in high quality custom... Read More