SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diychris24

Purchasing RTA Cabinets - Need Some Input, Suggestions, etc.

Chris I
5 years ago

I am getting ready to fully remodel my kitchen. I have a fixed budget and am trying to do the best I can with the resources I have. I had been drawn to RTA cabinets, because I enjoy the DIY aspect. I don't mind putting in the extra work to save some money. I am overwhelmed with all of the choices. We like the Bristol Antique cabinets from Lily Ann. I don't know much about the company, but from what I've read here, they are "imported Chinese junk." Our quote with them is ~$5,300. I could realistically go up to $7,500, if there is something superior in that price range. I don't want to put in poor quality cabinets, even though anything is probably better than what I have now. I've seen various names mentioned, though I have no experience with any of them: Cabinet Joint, Barker Cabinets, JSI Cabinetry, Nothern Granite & Cabinets. I appreciate any input/suggestions. I'm also still confused whether MDF would be a respectable choice. It sounds like that material handles paint better, in certain circumstances. It's probably all that I would be able to afford anyway.

Comments (5)