SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dojey

paint colours for a hallway with lots of doors (7!)

dojey
5 years ago

After (by my standards) splurging for a colour consultant, I received the recommended painting instructions. I shared it with my painting contractor and he had some concerns, and so now I'm going to the genius of the masses.

Main issue is I have a small hallway, with lots of doors (3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 coat closet, 1 utility closet, 1 linen closet). Wondering what would work for painting in here. Additional information is as follows

· majority of the house is Gray Mist OC-30 (yes it's Greige... but I do like it so we'll leave it at that)

· initial recommendation was to paint most ceilings, walls, jams, and doors Gray Mist, and baseboards White Dove

· contractor has convinced me that it's a bit much on the gray, and I should have ceilings, jams, doors, and baseboards White Dove (kinda the default to have all those the same colour)

· I had asked my colour consultant about that, and she said there's too many doors in the hallway to call them all out, and it'd be better to have them fade away

What are your thoughts? Assuming the walls stay Gray Mist and the baseboards Dove White, what would you do with the doors and jams?

Comments (12)