SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darin_gilchrist

HVAC: Blower only runs on "Heat" mode, not "On" or "Circulate".

Darin Gilchrist
5 years ago

Disclaimer: I only noticed this just after installing a humidifier, which I don't THINK is the cause, but I don't know if it was doing this before the installation, so I can't be sure I didn't screw something up.

My HVAC blower only runs when the heat is running, but I cannot get it to run by setting the fan setting to "On" or "Circulate". (Too cold still to test Cool function.) I would like to run the blower all the time for now to circulate heat better, or allow the humidifier to control the blower so it can test the air. I have a Lennox G40UH HVAC with a White-Rodgers 50A66-743 control board. The G terminal (blower) has 28 V AC on it at the board, so the thermostat (or humidifier) is asking the blower to be on, but the control board doesn't seem to be responding. The W terminal (heat) has 28 V on it when heat needs to go on and 0 V when it needs to go off, as expected. The blower runs for 60 extra seconds after the heat turns off, also as expected with this control board. So, everything else seems to be working fine, except that the blower will not turn on if the heat is not on.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Comments (10)