SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cp10hk

Indoor heirloom tomato disease ID - Thank you for helping!

cp10hk
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello Houzz community! Thanks for taking the time! I'm having trouble IDing a disease (or maybe bacterial issue?) affecting my indoor heirloom tomato. I've been scouring the internet for days looking at EDU sites trying to ID, and even recruited my boyfriend for a few hours to help me search, but we keep coming up empty handed. Pics are attached - it is characterized by leaf spotting (but no visible mold or insects... just cell death) resulting in dry curling and loss of foliage. New growth is also deformed. I've been moisture-monitoring closely, so I don't expect over- or under- watering, and none of my other indoor plants (herbs and houseplants) have been affected, just the tomato. It is an heirloom, Black Krim or Cherokee Purple (the person who gifted it to me couldn't remember which), and I potted it in FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil, which seems to be good stuff - ph balanced and nutritious. I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida (zone 9B) and have the plant in a southwest-facing window, so it receives a full day of shine. I had treated it twice with a neem oil dilution in case it was a fungal problem, but now I'm so confused I don't know what to do! :) Would love to save the plant if I can - I love my green buddies! Thank you so much for any advice!!

New growth - curled and leaves missing/damaged:

Foliage dries up and falls off, like this poor flower on the left:

Leaves starting to spot, resulting in dry curl and death:

Thank you again!!!

Comments (7)