SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmize22

Quartz countertop for bathroom

Laura M
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Planning master bathroom remodel. Have selected great-looking faux marble tile from Floor & Decor for floor, shower walls & area around tub. See pics 1 & 2. I have always wanted a white marble (or very good faux marble- don’t want the maintenance of real) bathroom, but cannot decide on countertop. Don’t think I should go w real marble for counters because Im using the faux marble in so much of the space. And I won’t do two faux marbles together. Cambria has some beautiful quartz options that bring in blue, a color I’d really like to find a nice way to incorporate. See attached photos. I have seen Cambria Parys (black/dark gray with flecks of blue and light colors) in the storage yard owned by a countertop guy we have a connection with & its Beautiful, but so different from the light look I’ve wanted for a long time. Also really like Cambria Mayfair (see pics 3 & 4 below) & Cambria Islington (see pic 5). Here are my questions:

1) Would any of these be too much business/pattern in a bathroom with the faux marble tiles seen in my photo? 2) The stone guy has slabs and remnants of quartz Countertop sitting outside in S Fla. Quartz is not supposed to be in high heat/direct sunlight, correct? Are these any good? Are they damaged? This guy will give us a deal (fabrication cost only) for any remnants on his property (regardless of material - quartz, marble, granite). My mother in law did a really big order with him recently & this is part of the way he’s thanking her. 3) If we went w Cambria Parys, what color vanity would you go with? I don’t want it all to feel too cold with no warm colors in there. I’d like a sophisticated coastal/beach vibe.

Comment (1)