SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hippiechick33

Tradescant, and Other Missing Things

Hello People of the Forum,

My name is Terri. I am new to this forum, but not new to roses. I used to be on the old Garden Web forum as, you guessed it, Hippychick, lol. I had over 120 different roses, but after I sold my home, I didnt ever plant another rose until this year. I dont know if there are any "old timers" here, but I am hoping some of you can tell me whats up these days.

Tradescant, a David Austin rose, was my all time favorite fragrant red rose. Its gone!! Somehow in the ten years that I sat lifeless and boring, they all disappeared, lol. Ive been looking for weeks. I even called David Austin, and the lady who answered the phone had never even heard of it. That made me very sad. So I joined this forum, as the other one is gone too.

I tried Heirloom, but they didnt have it. And wow, did they get expensive or what, lol? I saw Chamblees is temporarily closed.... Best Wishes Mark, not that you would remember me, but I remember your place :) And ARE doesnt have it either. I dont remember any other stores I used (no offense meant to the great stores I have forgotten).

I ended up buying 3 br roses from DA (when did they get so cheap?). I grabbed up a Munstead Wood as they look the closest to my beloved Tradescant, but when it got here, I realized I had made a noob error and not checked how big it would get. Only 3 feet. Tradescant was over 7 foot tall, 4 feet wide.

Any ideas People of the Rose? Any new shops I should know about? Anyone know where I can find my Tradescant?

Thank you in advance, Terri

Comments (30)