SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llitm

New frustrated knitter. Quit or forge ahead?

llitm
5 years ago

Well, the title about says it all. ;) I can't figure out if I'm just not cut out for this or if I haven't had the proper instruction or ???. Does one need to be good at logic in order to knit, in which case, problem solved because that is not my strong suit. We have a wonderful yarn shop where I've spent a fair amount of time and I've gotten lots of help in bits and pieces but I feel like there's a puzzle missing. I signed up for a four part class where the others worked on a small sweater but because I'd already begun on a scarf, that was my project. I missed the first class and didn't get much out of the other three. The others just worked on their projects and the instructor answered questions as they came up. Should this be so hard? I hate to give up because when it's going well I enjoy it very much but I'm about to throw in the towel. I have lots of interests such as quilting, sewing, and so on but nothing has stumped me like knitting has. Are some people just not cut out for it? I've spent countless hours working on a project and then ripped it out and started over only to run into an issue, not know how to resolve it, and ripped it all out again. Suggestions? TIA!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions