SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salex

Tile visualizer for multiple tiles?

salex
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Has anyone found a good tile visualizer that allows using multiple colors/shapes of tile on the wall? The visualizers I've found online thus far only allow a single type/shape of tile.

Background, for those of you who enjoy answering more questions: I've been ruminating on my backsplash choices for almost a year and am getting ready to pull the trigger on multiple Fireclay tiles. I've picked the colors/finishes. My biggest decision now is how to do the layout, and the only way I've found of mocking it up is using software like Publisher (I don't have Illustrator or interior design software).

I want most of the wall to be off-white subway tile (Fireclay tusk) all the way to the ceiling, but want to include an accent tile (Fireclay Old California #7, warm motif) and one course of Tidewater. Originally I wanted the Old California on the bottom, then a pencil liner of Tidewater, then Tusk all the way to the ceiling and wrapping the jambs of my 3 windows. Now I'm leaning toward Tidewater on the bottom, then Old California, then a pencil liner of Tidewater (or another color from the painted tile), then Tusk all the way up. However, that puts the Old California above my window sills (just barely).

Those three tiles are shown here (note that I'll get 3" x 6" for the tusk, and either same or 6" x 6" squares for the aqua):

Note that while some might advocate for the simplicity of a single color/shape, I really like the style of backsplash found in some craftsman or art-deco kitchens - in particular, the band of accent tile on the first (lowest) course followed by a solid color above. I do NOT like picture-frame accents behind the cooktop. And my heart is really set on the Old California - I've been in love with it for >2 years now!

I'm also working with a designer at Fireclay, but given that I'm doing a phased remodel, it's been a few months since I've reached out to her (and I know she'll be responsive when I do!). In the meantime, I really want to explore options for a harmonious layout using these tiles.

Here are a couple photos that show the windows. The existing rough sills are just over 5" from the counter.

(Two more uppers are going to the right of this corner cabinet - as soon as I finish and install them!)

Comment (1)