SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decoratingdebhome

Critique this kitchen layout idea...

Deb
5 years ago

We're in the initial stages of thinking through our kitchen redesign. The current floor plan is to scale (kitchen is 11x18) but I don't have the measurements for everything on it. We're open to moving the sink, etc.., but are trying not to have to move the window. We're also open to tearing down the wall to the current laundry (that is moving elsewhere). We expect to have to extend the arch opening in the family room a bit. Our main dislike of the current kitchen is the stupid island that to me is pointing the wrong way (I want the long end facing the family room). We're not "eat at island" people so the goal is not to have stools there, but just a prep area that doesn't interrupt flow like the current one does now.

Here is the current floor plan:

Here is what I'm thinking right now:

By "Butler's Pantry" I'm thinking something like this (essentially a little bar area and place to store wine, wine glasses, etc.). The french doors next to it open into our formal dining room.

Obviously we plan to engage a real kitchen designer, but I want to play with some ideas in my head before then and need your expertise!

Comments (20)