SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rtballou

Who likes full wall oven under kitchen counter?

Tami Ballou
5 years ago
wWoes anyone have a wall oven under their countertop and like it? I purchased a GE profile series size 30" wide by 27" tall 24" deep. We are planning our kitchen layout on a 14' wall which includes dishwasher, sink fridge, and oven. A 36" stove top will be in center island. There will be little space for base cabinets. We are planning to build a butlers pantry in dining area. This will greatly reduce traffic through the kitchen. I can supply pics. The decision I am not sure of is, should I place the wall oven in a full size cabinet with a pull out drawer underneath and the oven up higher at eye vision height, or give myself more countertop space and place the oven down low under the countertop? I have always had a tiny kitchen with slide in model. I have never had a wall oven. I cook a lot although I am now 50 and my children have all left the nest. I do not use my oven very often maybe because in previous tiny kitchen I mainly use it to store my pots and pans. The underneath drawer was always inadequate. I am 5'5" and I have seen issues with the ovens placed too high. our hpuse is a log cabin and I would like to leave the upper shelves open to give more space. Really not sure. I would like to hear everyones opinion if setting the wall oven under the countertop placed it too close to the floor.

Comments (10)