SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosy3ones

Awkward Front Room - Dining, Office, Kitchen combo

Rosemary Ball
5 years ago

Hello!

Ya'll, I need your help. The front room of my place is long and awkward and my current setup isn't quite.. right. It serves a purpose, but I don't know how I feel about everything being against the wall. My husband said it has a very "retail" feel-- gee, thanks lol.

The room is about 28 ft by 9 ft and contains a pantry space, fridge, dining space and office setup. I tried to incorporate the same style of flooring in the picture attached, with tiles that are about a sqft.

Right now I use two dressers in this space: the one we use as a pantry measures about 3ft tall by 6ft wide, and the other is 5ft tall by 3ft wide and serves as a coffee bar and extra storage. The low/wide one is next to my desk and holds some office supplies, a printer, and lamp. I also have an aquarium, deep freeze, and a digital piano that have to stay in the space -- which, I guess, alludes to the pickle I'm having. Everything that's in the space has to stay in the room (or be replaced by something that serves the same purpose). However, everything is capable of moving, except for the stove and washer/dryer.

I would also like to somehow incorporate a reading nook, which is why the arm chair is squished into that one corner..

Any suggestions are SO appreciated. Please let me know if you have questions and thank you!

-Ro

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations