SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paperfinch

FOTESS March: Spring Equinox Celebration Swap

PaperFinch
5 years ago

Happy Spring Everyone!

The Spring Equinox (also called the March Equinox or Vernal Equinox) falls on Wednesday, March 20, 2019. This event marks the astronomical first day of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. It signals new beginnings and nature’s renewal in the Northern Hemisphere. Many Cultures celebrate spring festivals, like Easter and Passover. This month, enjoy some fun Spring equinox facts, folklore, photo contest, and more!

For this swap, please include:

1. 3 bulbs/divisions (bulbs, rhizomes, tubers, divisions, etc.): Spring Equinox is a time of rebirth.
Nothing epitomizes this more than the humble “bulb,” which blooms in the spring, gradually dies off, only to be reborn again the following spring.

2. 3 packs of seeds for spring planting. These can be spring garden veggies, flowers, or anything with a renewal/rebirth theme
(Radishes, greens, Hens & Chicks, “early” varieties, etc).

3. 3 random spring goodies: anything edible or non-edible that reminds you of spring. Ideas may include candy, chocolate, garden gloves, note pads, pencils, markers, individually wrapped tea bags, etc. Make sure to pad things adequately if something might break.

Sign up by the 5th and I will assign partners. Don't forget to message me 15 BINGO Words if you wish to play. Please mail your package by the 20th, the day of the Spring Equinox.

We’ll also have a Spring photo contest! A picture taken between now and March 20th.

Post your prettiest, funniest, or most inspirational spring related picture by the 20th.

Message me your vote by the 27th. I’ll post the winner on the 28th.

FOTESS requires that you be a member in order to swap with this group. FOTESS stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps. For more information about membership contact Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) or Lisa (PaperFinch).

Comments (74)