Has anyone had shoulder replacement surgery?
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
Related Discussions
Anyone had carpal tunnel surgery?
Comments (50)Hooray, Pam, I'm glad that itchy and annoying bandage is off, at least. Keep working on range of motion, it'll be better a bit at a time. And after you get the cataract surgery, you'll be able to see it too! (grin) Actually my mother, my stepmother and my Dad all had cataract surgery and they all said it was really quick and easy, so hopefully it really is quick and easy! I'll have to check with Ashley's new MIL about those shoes, she works at the local orthotic footwear store, the place that makes special shoes and sells stuff like Birkenstocks and Uggs. They might even be available here in the sticks! I especially like their advertisement about how if you are old and fat and your knees ache, they'll fix you up with shoes, LOL. Helene, I'm glad you are feeling so well. My doc says the same thing, that I can maybe recover faster with PT, but rehab is normally 4 to 6 months and I'll be fine without it if I choose not to participate. As for the stairs, heck, I'm still going down one at a time, so you're probably doing very well. I'm amazed you're getting around so quickly, I can tell you that. I'm doing pretty well too, I think. I'm back to walking to work, and I went to the farm and cut a big maple that had fallen onto the fence line during our last storm. That entailed crawling onto/into/over the tree to cut the ends of the branches that were lying on the fence, and I managed to at least not hurt myself further, balanced with each foot on separate limbs while sawing branches with a hand saw. If I were a REAL farmer I'd have a chain saw.... And I have no problem at all sneezing or laughing, thank goodness, so it appears that my problems are at least dry! Annie...See MoreGirl talk: Has anyone had uterine ablation surgery?
Comments (22)I had an ablation about 6 years ago. I had previously had surgery to remove a couple of fibroids and that helped considerably, but a year later I was still having bleeding issues and I had the ablation. (my doctor had suggested it at the time of the fibroid removal, but I didn't want to do them both at the same time). My periods didn't stop, but I discovered Light tampons, and only needed about 5 of them a month. I haven't heard of women having hormonal problems after ablation. I certainly didn't have any problems with my procedure, which was done with the balloon method. I had cramping for less than 12 hours, then felt fine. You do need to use birth control, because you can conceive, but there is no where for the embryo to implant without the lining, so a pregnancy could be dangerous. I think that it's important to know why you are having bleeding problems. For example,if you have fibroids like I did, an ablation isn't going to remove the underlying problem....See MoreAnyone had lumbar surgery?
Comments (18)Good responses and help here. First, you have convinced me to have a neurosurgeon, if I decide to have the surgery. The PM doctor mentioned the name of a doctor that he is well acquainted with and worked with when he was doing his residency. Problem there is he is not local, maybe 50 miles away. After your surgery did you need to go back to see your surgeon? I'm thinking that riding that distance could be a problem. Also, did you have MRIs before the surgery, or were CT scans sufficient? I have to admit my wimpiness here, because I don't like the idea of the MRI, and have never had one. I think I would feel claustrophobic. I know they use sedation, and the PM doctor said he would suggest Valium. I have never had Valium for anything. Hi, chemocurl, aka the other Sue. Your description of the disc bursting is how the PM doctor described it to me. He demonstrated it by putting his thumb and finger together and slowly tightening it. The idea of a treadmill is good especially considering bad weather. Wanda, when the problem hit me this time, the pain was like you said, worse than childbirth. I realized I had a problem one day when I was trying to get into a line of traffic from a parking lot, and I could not move my foot from the brake to the gas pedal. I had to wait it out til I finally got it done, and went straight home. Haven't driven since that day. (That was a "revolting development!") Haven't been able to walk much since then either. The odd thing though was that pain was in my right hip. It seems like all of you have had good results, and that is encouraging. I'm really "tough" when it comes to surgeries, which I've had several of, and have never needed help at home afterwards. I think the MRI thing is the problem I need to work on. Thanks to all of you. Any more suggestions will be welcome. (this) Sue...See MoreHas your (somewhat) elderly cat had dental surgery?
Comments (2)My vet always does blood work and an EKG on senior kitties before any scheduled surgeries. That doesn't guarantee something won't go wrong of course, but it does allow the vet to pick up any potential problems ahead of time. Your friend should check with their vet to see if they do the same. Abbey...See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

KIDS’ SPACESWho Says a Dining Room Has to Be a Dining Room?
Chucking the builder’s floor plan, a family reassigns rooms to work better for their needs
Full Story
FURNITUREOld Furniture: Clean, Reupholster or Replace It?
A veteran upholstery cleaner weighs in on the options for found, inherited and thrift store furniture
Full Story
HOUZZ TVHouzz TV: This Dream Midcentury Home in a Forest Even Has Its Own Train
Original wood ceilings, a cool layout and, yes, a quarter-scale train persuaded these homeowners to take a chance on a run-down property
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSHow to Replace a Button on a Tufted Chair
Fix a popped button on a tufted chair back with this upholstery teacher's step-by-step tutorial
Full Story
MOST POPULARKitchen Evolution: Work Zones Replace the Triangle
Want maximum efficiency in your kitchen? Consider forgoing the old-fashioned triangle in favor of task-specific zones
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESReplace vs. Restore: The Great Window Debate
Deciding what to do with windows in disrepair isn't easy. This insight on the pros and cons of window replacement or restoration can help
Full Story
HOUZZ TVRetired Houston Couple Replaces Starter Home With Forever Home
See how the Elders built their dream home while preserving the memory of the home they lived in for nearly 4 decades
Full Story
HOME OFFICESThe Cure for Houzz Envy: Home Office Touches Anyone Can Do
Borrow these modest design moves to make your workspace more inviting, organized and personal
Full Story
MY HOUZZMy Houzz: A New Layout Replaces Plans to Add On
Instead of building out, a California family reconfigures the floor plan to make the garden part of the living space
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSHow to Replace Your Kitchen Faucet
Swap out an old faucet to give your kitchen a new look — it's a DIY project even a beginner can do
Full Story
sheilajoyce_gw