SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beverett1

Proposed Kitchen Layout

Barbara
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Overhead view of Proposed Kitchen

Can you check my proposed kitchen layout to see if there are any noticeable issues? I'm getting ready to remodel my kitchen. My kitchen is 12' X 12' with an adjoining breakfast nook. My goals are to get rid of the breakfast nook and extend the kitchen in that area. There is a dining room on the opposite side of the breakfast nook. The wall between the kitchen and dining room will be taken down. The only window in my kitchen is on the wall of the breakfast nook. By taking down the wall in the dining room, I will get more natural light from the one dining window.

This overhead shot shows the breakfast nook window. I plan on putting two 12" deep pantries on each side of the window for food storage. Below is what the pantries will look like. Instead of six doors, there will be four doors. Cabinets will go to the ceiling.

Below is a shot of the stove wall. I won't have double cabinet doors on the top. There will be single doors (i.e., tall doors) instead. All cabinets go to the ceiling.

Below is a shot of the sink wall. The dining room is to the right. The partial doorway on the right leads from the foyer to the dining room.

The shot below shows the view from the dining room to the window with the food pantries. There will be 12" deep cabinets on the dining room side peninsula instead of an overhang. This peninsula can be used as a buffet for the dining room. The peninsula closest to the pantry window will have an overhang for bar stools. Peninsulas are both 39" wide.

Does this layout look OK? Does anything need to be reconsidered? Since the kitchen is 12' wide, it is just not wide enough for a kitchen island. My husband said I can change anything I want to in the house, but only once! I just want it to get it right for our retirement house. Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments (44)