SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fqatzob

Riverstone in Citrine Oasis (Hickory) floor by LW Flooring?

DCF-Z6A
5 years ago
I understand this is a relatively new product; I'm hoping someone has installed this floor - or at least another floor by this company - and can share pics and/or experience. Thank you!

Comments (33)

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi! Does the vendor have a portfolio they can show you of completed projects?

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Oddly, their site shows no full rooms. Just images of what appears to be flooring samples. https://www.lwflooring.com/citrine-oasis.html Unlike US Flooring/Coretec, which offers images of full rooms.

I've found other threads here about LW and have Googled quite a bit trying to get info, BBB etc. - seems everyone has the same question. Only three entries on pissedoffconsumer.com, which is odd too. There's no brand out there who doesn't have gripes there, regardless of quality.
  • Chrissi
    5 years ago
    I'm in the same predicament with Riverside Hickory LVP color Wisteria. I cannot find anyone who's installed it only three complaints and one is on the vinyl. It's the first color my husband and I both really like but is it worth making a 7k mistake????
  • DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Chrissi, I saw your post in another area and was excited, only to see you were somewhat in the dark too. We're in the same boat.

Our flooring store said this brand has been wildly popular since they brought it in recently and they're very comfortable with the quality being on par with Coretec (US Floors), Provenza and others. If you haven't received a spec sheet on your flooring choice, ask for it. I got ours yesterday and will at least be able to research comparables for specific details in terms of Formaldehyde, VOC, Fire Rating, load limits, various resistance qualities, construction details and more. But I still can't find a pic or post anywhere of anyone who's installed it. I'm wondering if our installer can give us references.

On a side note, fwiw, our salesman also said it's nearly impossible to find engineered flooring that isn't Asia sourced, especially China, despite many of these Chinese companies having American facilities. He did say Mohawk is talking about doing more US-based sourcing but it's still in the planning stages. In all my research I'm definitely struggling to find a purely American source for engineered flooring. This is the last floor we hope to buy...
  • Chrissi
    5 years ago
    I did order a box of the LW Riverstone Sapphire Wave and LW Riverside Hickory Wisteria. I picked them up today and got the Riverside Hickory down in my foyer. It's not as low gloss as the store sample but it is beautiful when down. Looking at both products the Riverside seems thicker and more stable. It pulls a little orange in color but is very mellow in tone. The Riverstone is a deeper truer brown with little to no variation. It's very pretty and more neutral but I can't even get it to go together correctly. May just be me as I'm not very handy. I'll add in a pic of it when my husband puts it together later.
  • kelsie505
    4 years ago

Interested in this same brand...any updates?

• Chrissi
    4 years ago

We ended up going with Hallmark’s Courtier line in Baroness. I felt more comfortable with their name and products. The Riverside and Riverstone only had 4 different planks in each box of 8. So the pattern repeat was constant. The products also had a weird sweet smell that I didn’t like. The Riverside had a knothole effect that looked very weird and fake when light hit it from certain angles. All of these added up to a product I didn’t want long term. The Hallmark is so beautiful. It can look a tiny bit plastic like most vinyl in certain light but everyone who comes in can’t get over the way it looks really like wood. Each box of 10 planks is different. No repeats. I tell my husband everyday how much I love my floors and I cannot wait to do my upstairs this summer in the same product.

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Chrissi it looks beautiful! Hopefully we love our floor as much as you do yours!

hmw707, we purchased the LW Citrine Oasis but it won't be installed for another couple of months.

• kelsie505
    4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t think I’ve seen the Hallmark brand. Also considering kardean and Adura.

• kelsie505
    4 years ago

Also- Chrissi can you speak to how well your floors hide dirt/foot prints?

• Chrissi
    4 years ago

Look up Hallmark Floors. They do gorgeous woods and LVP. They have a way to find the distributors in your area by zip code.

• PRO
    rh
    4 years ago

DCF440, I am also considering the Citring Oasis to put in my masterbath and masterbedroom, however, I am unsure about the product - lack of information on the internet. Please share your pictures when your project is complete. Thanks.

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Will do robin! In the meantime, have you downloaded their Riverstone guides here?
    https://www.lwflooring.com/guides.html

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Also, my dealer gave me this, which might be helpful.

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    4 years ago

The flooring phase of our reno is finally here! A few preliminary photos for those considering this floor.

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    4 years ago

A couple more.

• Shenandoah R.
    4 years ago

Hi DCF 440,

We are getting ready to remodel our kitchen, breakfast area with family room. We are considering Riverstone’s Citrine Oasis. We came across your posts on Houzz. We we’re wondering if you had had any issues or can you give us an update on actually living with your floors. We are trying to decide between engineered hardwoods or try the vinyl. My husband doesn’t like the ideal of having the engineered hardwoods in the kitchen and laundry room. Can you please give an update on what you like and don’t like about your floors? Thanks!

• HU-530584716
    3 years ago

DCF-Z6A Thank you SO much for the info and pics!!! We are considering purchasing that same one I believe (Citrine Oasis SPC5CO7). We are sooo unsure because LW has no web page, feels so sketchy! I also wanted to see in in a room and could not find any images anywhere. I’m just afraid it might be too light.
    How are you liking the floor so far? Would LOVE more pics if you’re willing to 🙏🏼😋

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Hi! My comments from March still apply! Also, they do have a website still, although it appears they rebranded since we purchased. Here's the link to the floor description: https://www.lwflooring.com/vinyl_plank_flooring/citrine-oasis-spc5co7?returnurl=/vinyl_plank_flooring/?count=18

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Also, if you've read through this thread, you've seen the pic of the flooring specs we received from our installer, which may be helpful. Again, it was a year ago, so things might be different now - check with your installer!

Here's a related thread if you haven't seen it, btw:
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5854483/luxury-vinyl-planks

I've attached a few more pics.

• Jackie Hart
    3 years ago

Hello DCF-Z6A... I love your pics! I received a sample of the Riverstone Sapphire Wave and the flooring looks beautiful. The sapphire wave has some red undertones and I want to know if I can do light grey walls. Any color suggestions?

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Jackie, I would love to help but I'm definitely not a designer! I would start a new thread with pics of the samples and pics of the areas where you're considering installing the floor so the experts can provide you with the best help. (Sorry for the delayed response - I seem to be getting very inconsistent Houzz notices.)

• Josiah Maki
    2 years ago

Hello DCF-Z6A. We are considering LW Flooring. Have you had any issues since it been a while now? Sorry but it seems you have now become the LW flooring expert. You start charging them. :-)

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    2 years ago

HA! Think they'd pay? :-)

It's been 2+ years now and we still love it. No fading, no scratching, and none of this craziness I read in other threads about constantly seeing footprints. I don't know how we lucked out (oh, wait, we had an AMAZING kitchen designer who recommended the flooring store we used that then reassured us that we could trust this floor), but we did. We clean it with Bona (green label). We have one cat and not a ton of foot traffic, so we're probably lighter on our floor than many, but it still gets snow and salt and dirt and grit. It's been great.

• Vee Sams
    last year

Hi DCF-Z6A. Thank you for sharing your experience and pictures to make it real. Almost 2 years later and your posting has really help us with real information on a decision. LW needs to pay you seriously! I'll be back soon with updates!

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Vee, it's nearly a year after your post and I'm just seeing it! How did it go? Are you happy?

• E O
    8 months ago

@DCF-Z6A This is great info - there is still so little on these floors anywhere online. We just got a sample of the Citrine Oasis flooring and came on here to see if there was any experience with the product line and it just happens to be what you shared your experience about! We are also looking to put it down on our entire main floor excluding bathrooms. It’s been a few years now - are you still happy with it? Our biggest concern is the 5.5mm thickness as we don’t want it to sound tinny like some life proof we had a while back. Also what is your subfloor? We are mostly plywood over crawl space and one room is a slab.

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    8 months ago

Hi E O. Yes, after 4 years, we STILL love our floor! It's anything but tinny. Our subfloor is plywood as well. Everything I've said about it in previous posts still stands. It's held up perfectly for us so far and we would get it again. I don't quite understand the lack of info after so many years.

• nestaway
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

DCF-Z6A Thank you for all the details on this floor. I picked this one as my fav (Citrine Oasis) but as others mentioned there's so little online about it we were hesitant. After reading your detailed info about your experience I'm confident this is it! I'll need to look into whether or not we need or should use an underlayment as we have a concrete/cement floor to help with the hardness. I'm going to try to reach LW directly. Thanks again!!!! You've made what's been an agonizing process easier!

• DCF-Z6A
    Original Author
    8 months ago

I hope you love it too! I learned soooo much here during my renovation, I'm so glad I can help someone else going through it. Every decision can feel like such torture!

• HU-281246378
    3 months ago

can anyone else show pics on the citrine oasis? it's one of my top 2 pics. I'd like to see more actually pics versus virtualization tools online. and ty to the pics above

• Stephanie Potts
    20 days ago

DCF-Z6A, I’m so glad to see after 4 years your still loving your LW floors. I’m highly considering Riverstone Jade Lake and like others it kinda makes me nervous that there’s so little info about them or people who have shared if they have them, maybe it’s a good sign?! :) Do your floors show footprints, smudges, or are they hard to keep clean? Is the Bona cleaner you use not a waxy based product? I know this floor recommends Bona but on some threads I’ve read a lot of people with LVP that use Bona ends up creating a waxy build up and then their floors never look clean. Have you had any specific issues with your LW Riverstone LVP?