SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ga99

what to plant after tree removal

ga99
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I live in a town home and the association just removed several of the large oaks down the street that really needed to be removed. (Some have damaged water lines and driveways beyond repair...for the tree lovers that wanted to know why they were removed)

My tree was one of the ones removed and we cannot decide what to put back. The neighbor and I both want to add as much sod as possible, but due to the utility boxes in the area the stumps were not ground very low. I don't think we will be able to sod the entire area because of this.

I have searched online and cannot find any good ideas about what to put in this area if sod will not grow.

The street is a little bland, not enough color and everything is the same red (brick, pine straw). I would like to add a little pop. I have hostas that come up by the house and a gorgeous planter that is inside for the hard winter. I am in zone 7.

(also, for those who have any paint suggestions. The homes will be painted next year if you have any ideas you want to throw out. I know everyone wants updated colors)

Comments (10)