Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970571763

Quotes Feb. 17, 2019

don_socal
5 years ago

Chaim Potok Quotes

American - Author February 17, 1929 - July 23, 2002

Chaim Potok QuotesAmerican - Author February 17, 1929 - July 23, 2002

Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things.

Chaim Potok

As a species we are always hungry for new knowledge.

Chaim Potok

But today we become aware of other readings of the human experience very quickly because of the media and the speed with which people travel the planet.

Chaim Potok

Two hundred or more years ago most people on the planet were never aware of any reality other than the one into which they were brought up.

Chaim Potok

I think that to a very great extent we are partners with the divine in this enterprise called history. That is an ongoing relationship, and there is absolutely no guarantee that things will automatically work out to our best advantage.

Chaim Potok

It is inconceivable to me that a million or three million or half a million human beings will think and feel precisely the same way on any single subject.

Chaim Potok

I think most serious writers, certainly in the modern period, use their own lives or the lives of people close to them or lives they have heard about as the raw material for their creativity.

Chaim Potok

What I have in advance are people I want to write about and a problem or problems that I see those people encountering and that I want to explore - it all proceeds sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph, and scene by scene.

Chaim Potok

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions