SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cafecomm

Background for 75lb cast iron on patchy LR wall?

cafecomm
5 years ago

I have an empty LR wall and found a piece of artwork to hang. I call it 'people reaching from around the world to help each other' and I like it.

Problem: after filling lots of little nail holes, DH tells me we should paint the whole (90" x 14' tall) wall to provide a smooth backdrop - which we don't have a budget to do.

Would a perfectly round piece (maybe 50" diameter) of copper or aluminum make a terrific backdrop for the artwork?

Ideas what else we could use that would be LIGHTWEIGHT (and cheap?) to provide a backdrop for the artwork?

Specs & requirements:

• Hanging is 42" wide, wall is 90" wide
  • Nogutchi coffee table stays
  • Sofa, chair, and side tables will rotate outta here as soon as I can. Sofa/chairs must always be reclining leather and we have a couple of Ekornes pieces but nothing big enough for DH daily use.
  • Yes, I need to level the two speakers on the wall. Because they're wired there, moving them is not an option.
  • Please bear with the mess. I included facing walls for context. Lots of "wrought iron" and bronze in the room. Lots else will be cycled out, but for now, just the artwork will change.

Comment (1)