SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaykaym

kitchen cabinet color decision

Jaykaym
5 years ago

We are planning our kitchen renovation in a Florida beach condo to make it ready to be a full-time home in the next couple of years. Currently the kitchen has painted kitchen cabinets that are a dark marine blue (not as black as navy blue). Our home decor mirrors the blue cabinets using dark blue, bright greens, light wood floors, and pops of color in the Caribbean pictures on the white walls. We will be staying with the same basic color style during this remodel.

Our plan for the kitchen is for a modern European style and initially I thought of glossy blue cabinets but I have been unable to find any that are affordable (estimate for glossy acrylic dark blue cabinets came to $23,000 which was NOT in my budget). As we are looking to do this nicely, however on a budget, I looked at Ikea and wondered if the glossy Kallarp grey-turquoise cabinets might work with our colors. It was a new idea to me to leave my dark blue palatte but I thought they might actually break up all the dark blue with a new pop of color. I haven't yet bought a door to bring home so I'm looking for your decorating advice to see if I'm being creative or desperate. I have no designer instinct and tend to stick with what is familiar to me.

And if anyone has used the Ikea glossy cabinet doors I'd like to know how you like them, how they hold up, scratches, etc to know if this is worth pursuing.

And thank in advance for your help.

Comments (4)