Two New Hosts for America's Got Talent

Lindsey_CA

It was previously reported that Tyra Banks would not be returning to AGT for the upcoming season, and Terry Crews took Tyra's position for the "Champions" that is currently airing. It has now been announced that Terry Crews will continue as host for the new season.

Mel B. and Heidi Klum will not be returning as judges. Replacing them will be Julianne Hough (of Dancing With the Stars fame) and Gabrielle Union.

SaveComment14Like
Comments (14)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DawnInCal

Oh, I love Heidi. Im sorry to see her leave the show.

Save    
Suzieque

I really don't know the two new hosts. I'm tired of Heidi and Mel B., though. I think Heidi is vapid and acts like a little girl, and Mel B waves her arms around and is too over the top for me. So - - - let's hop that these two new ones will work out.

Save    
Lily613

I approve of Terry taking Tyra's job. I've gotten used to Heidi and Mel. I don't know the Union woman.

Save    
share_oh

I just read about that and am fine with the changes I think - have no idea who the 2 new judges are - but I definitely won't miss Mel B - she is too over the top with her waving her arms lol

Did NOT care for Tyra as the host whatsoever. I think Terry is doing a good job on the champions show so I'm happy he's sticking around.

I think the only judge I would truly miss is Simon. Never thought I'd say that about him from back in the American Idol days! lol

Save    
Lindsey_CA

I know that a lot of folks don't like Simon, but I think that he is the most honest and accurate when assessing the contestants. And, he signs a lot of the singers to contracts when the show is over.

I am not at all sad to see Tyra go. She was better this last season than previously, but still, I think she considered herself to be too far above the contestants to be truly warm and welcoming to them. And I don't think she liked, at all, participating in some of the acts. Nick Cannon was a whole lot better about that.

Mel B was just so clueless so often. Many times we'd see the camera cut to her during an act to see her turning to Howie and asking "what does that mean" or "what is that" - how can you judge something/someone when you're so clueless?

I liked Heidi a lot more than I liked Mel B.

I think Julianne Hough will be a good judge. I don't know enough about Gabrielle Union to render an opinion on her yet. Kinda surprised that she signed on for this, though, since she and her hubby Dwayne Wade have a new baby.

1 Like Save    
Lily613

I agree that Mel is as dumb as a box of rocks sometimes. But I like Heidi.

Save    
Toomuchglass

Take it with a grain of salt but I read Mel is VERY fond of drugs . Not sorry to see her go .

Save    
Rusty

I didn't like Tyra at all the first season she hosted, but thought she did much better last season. Terry Crews is doing okay, he seems a little better each show. Nick Cannon really had a way with performers when they 'froze up', or any uncomfortable situations occurred. Tyra couldn't compete in that department, at all. Remains to be seen whether Terry will be able to.

I like Heidi a lot, and will miss her. She is definitely laid back next to Mel B. But I am glad to see Mel B go, never did like her. I read somewhere on the 'net that Mel B is about to check herself into a center for treatment for alcohol and sex abuse. I don't remember where I read it, but at the time it seemed like a fairly reliable source. It implied that the sex abuse had to do with her ex husband, and the alcohol abuse stemmed from that, a way of dealing with it, maybe? If this is true, I feel sorry for her, but I still don't care for her as a judge.

I have no idea who the two women named to replace Heidi and Mel B are, but I hope they will work out well! I do like Simon a lot, and agree with Lindsey, he is honest and fair. Howie is okay, I like him most of the time, anyway.

Rusty

1 Like Save    
diane_nj 6b/7a

Gabrielle Union is an actress who has started on a TV show, “Being Mary Jane” for a few years now, it is closing out with a couple of TV movies. I’m familiar with Julianne Hough from So You Think You Can Dance. Interesting choices. No singers on the panel ( I’m aware that Simon is a music producer).

Save    
nicole___

Glad you posted this. I didn't know change was around the corner. I liked Howard Stern as a judge....lol

Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

So we will finally have Americans judging America's Got Talent lol!

Julianne Hough is also a singer, but she's primarily a dancer. I'll miss Mel B, she cracks me up.

Save    
Rusty

This was brought up on the other AGT thread, so I thought I'd post this link here, too. Hope that's okay?

Judges replaced.

Rusty

Save    
Lindsey_CA

"This was brought up on the other AGT thread, so I thought I'd post this link here, too."

Interesting. YOU are the one who "brought it up" on the other thread.

Save    
Rusty

Lindsey, I posted that link on the other thread in response to this post from share_oh:

"I wonder when the show is being taped or if it already has been - the news said Heidi & Mel B were just told this week about being let go - didn't sound like it was their choice to be leaving. I just wonder if they haven't taped the finale if it will be a little awkward or if anything will be said that it's their last show?"

And it is that post that I was referring to in my post here.

My apologies for offending you.

Rusty

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
My Houzz How One Couple Got a Perfectly Intimate Backyard Wedding
Vintage pieces, natural materials and close family and friends are an ideal combination for a Pittsburgh couple
Full Story
Midcentury Homes See Where America's Most Celebrated Furniture Maker Lived and Worked
Walk with us through the Southern California home and studio of Sam Maloof as events honoring his centennial kick off
Full Story
Most Popular America Celebrates Frank Lloyd Wright’s 150th Birthday
See the many events honoring the renowned architect, who looked at homes in a new way and transformed U.S. architecture
Full Story