AOC is the tip of an iceberg....

Pidge_

Here come the girls!.... that will soon be coming to American shores. Young women are leding the way to securing attention to the environment and ways to save it.

SaveComment63Like8
Comments (63)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Be Afraid!!!

5 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Thank you for this very inspiring link, Pidge. Here is an excerpt--

----------------------------

"A huge student protest movement led almost exclusively by teenage girls and young women is sweeping Europe, and it's on the brink of breaking through in the US.

So far this year, tens of thousands of high school–age students in Belgium, Germany, and Sweden have boycotted class and protested against climate change. The loose movement’s inspiration, a 16-year-old girl who began a solitary picket last year outside the Swedish Parliament in Stockholm, has compared the protests to the March for Our Lives movement organized by the Parkland teens in the wake of a shooting at their school that left 17 dead.

In the latest mass climate strikes, large crowds took to the streets in The Hague on Thursday, in the largest such protest in the Netherlands so far. The teens leading the climate strike across the border in Belgium were in Leuven, the country’s eighth-largest city, where they told BuzzFeed News they had 12,000 people on the streets in one of many actions across the country.

A climate march last weekend in the Belgian capital, Brussels, drew more than 100,000 people, and one of the country’s environment ministers resigned this week after falsely claiming intelligence services had told her the protests were a plot against her. . . ."

--------------------------------------

More info. at the link, if you are interested. I find it quite invigorating when young people hoist even higher the banners carried so long by many of their seniors. Sooner or later, the world is going to have to sit up and notice!

Kate

6 Likes Save    
Jenn Dinosaur-Mom(5)

Pish posh, let's just focus on what she's wearing and her teeth instead, because as a young woman who is conventionally attractive that's all that's important, right?!

I think that it's not about getting attention, it's that they've realized the only way to change things is to roll up their sleeves and get to work. Whether it's through politics, advocacy, or going in with supplies/a shovel to help the people affected by a disaster - sitting around like they're decorative doesn't do a lick to fix the problems we've got. Being careful to only say the 'right' things at the 'right' times has meant they're more likely to be ignored and thought of as silly women. And women of all ages have come to see the power of organizing with each other in ways that cross the usual party lines and single issue votes. We may not all wear bras, or wish to burn them, but together we can change....everything.

18 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Excellent post, Jenn.

Kate

Save    
josephene_gw

You go girls.

4 Likes Save    
Pidge_

More from the essay:

De Wever became passionate about climate change while attending a youth conference associated with the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women in 2016. There she learned that women often suffer disproportionately during natural disasters compared to men, and so were likely to be hurt the worst by climate change.

De Wever’s mother, Katrien Van der Heyden, told her about Thunberg’s video in their kitchen one evening last December. She watched it that night, and then announced the following morning she would make a video of her own with her best friend.

“I have to be very honest about this — at this point in time I didn’t think it would amount to anything,” said Van der Heyden, who now acts as her daughter’s de facto press secretary. “I thought, It’s a nice little project. She’s going to be making that little movie with her friends; it’s educational, much better that just staying at home watching Netflix — I underestimated my daughter.”

Van der Heyden, a 51-year-old sociologist who specializes in gender equity, said she also underestimated the whole young generation.

As far as she could recall, she said, “It’s the very first time in Belgium that a [mass movement was] started by two women and not about feminist rights.” When the protests drew tens of thousands, Van der Heyden said, she was stunned to see as many boys as girls in the crowds, and yet no one ever challenged the leadership of the female organizers.

2 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

Ms. Cortex is the tip of the dumb millennial iceberg.

6 Likes Save    
mayflowers

It's the dumb older generations that got us in most of these messes.

4 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

Older generations built America. They fought wars, saved the world, went through hardship and famine, tamed the wilderness. Today's youth if full of manlets and bimbos unworthy of licking the dirt underneath their predecessors' shoes. Ocasio-Cortex is a great example.

6 Likes Save    
tony jelly

I get the illusion Pidge, but volcano also works.

My daughter lost a client recently because she was too forceful, he said. I was so proud. They used to say that behind every successful man was a woman, well now they are in your face.

3 Likes Save    
Chi

"Today's youth if full of manlets and bimbos unworthy of licking the dirt underneath their predecessors' shoes"

Lol, way to generalize. Do you have kids? Do you call them manlets and bimbos to their face? No wonder they are drawn to AOC with attitudes like that. They will shape our future

7 Likes Save    
Pidge_

Farbauti, why are you angry at young people? How many of them do you know and/or interact with? Why do you refer to them as "manlets" and "bimbos." Do you have children or grandchildren and is that what you think of those young people? I spent 35 years in front of a college classroom and have eight fabulous grandkids. I really don't know the ones about whom you appear to know so much negative stuff. But then, trashing young people is stock in trade for some posters on this forum.

It may be true that older generatiosn built America, but was that your generation or the generations that preceded you? . Your hyperbolic assaults on young people and equally hyperbolic raving about previous generations saving the world, suffering famine (???), and "taming the wilderness" (a euphemism for clearing out native people) are waaaaay over the top. .

17 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

I saw a pundit, (not of your choosing), recently that gave me a new perspective.

Paraphrasing,

"It'll be cheaper and easier and makes more sense to accept climate change. It's happening. Rather than fight it, it would make more sense to put our resources more into how to deal with it rather than fighting the inevitable."

If I'm standing on a railroad track and I see a big freight train barreling down on me, the last thing I'd do is stand there and fight it.

Hay

4 Likes Save    
Lily613

I have a grandson who's so disturbed by climate change that his whole college curriculum is based on this as well as the many essays he's written. THIS is our future.

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

Farbauti unless you're over 90 your generation did none of the things you said except fight wars.

My generation fought wars too. Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria... You demean the men and women and families who made sacrifices in those wars and are still living with the repurcussions.

I hope you don't think we have to go back to the days of rampant disease and famine before we can acknowledge that a certain generation has value.

7 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

It is not one or the other. We can try and stop the inevitable getting worse and figure out how to deal with what we cant stop. First we have to get people to stop pretending it isn't happening but even that doesn't mean we cant be doing something about it.

3 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Lilly:

"I have a grandson who's so disturbed by climate change that his whole college curriculum is based on this as well as the many essays he's written. THIS is our future."

How did he get so "disturbed"?

I can remember sitting in the church pews as a wee lad.

A smart wee lad.

And the preacher was pleading to the parents to bring their young kids to THE church.

"Give me your young kids, and, just like a sapling, I can twist it into any shape I want."

Is that how he got so "disturbed".?

Has he ever known anything else?

I doubt it.

Hope he can find a job when he gets out.

Hay

5 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

The banner for AOC forgot to list killing fetuses at will and persecuting Christians.

4 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Tony Jelly:

''A big problem in the environment is the disposal of garbage, at least here on HT we have a flag".

A MUCH bigger problem is the attempts to shut down the speech YOU don't want ME to hear.

"Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to be free".

No need to scream. I hear you.

Hay

3 Likes Save    
GOD

whereas the totalitarian in a right winger is right there upfront.

4 Likes Save    
dockside_gw

Farbauti unless you're over 90 your generation did none of the things you said except fight wars.

And, when they fought those wars, they were teenagers and young men and women. Without those young people, we would be living under Nazi rule. The same can be said about all the other advances this country and world have made. Very few of them were made by 70+ year old men and those that were, were with the help of the young.

5 Likes Save    
Lily613

Hay, the young people today will be the ones we'll turn to to try and save the planet. The old geezers like the one in the white house and many in Congress are dinosaurs. ...Hey, it's snowing...can't be global warming philsosphy.

3 Likes Save    
jn3344

katrina_ellen

35 minutes ago

The banner for AOC forgot to list killing fetuses at will and persecuting Christians

And it was a Fox News banner to boot. What happened there? Someone not get the right talking points down?

3 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

Sad to see so many people indoctrinated into the religion of climate change. Ironically, many of them self-proclaimed atheists. The climate inquisition is upon us.

7 Likes Save    
artemis_ma

Farbauti, climate change is real. It is not a religion.

Around 99% of scientists (who actually happen to be both Republican and Democrat) have recognized that climate change is real.

What caused it, what carries it on? There is some valid debate about that.

What to do? Well, for the very first, get our heads out of the SAND about it.

(AND NO, I don't mean we jump to AOC for "saving" us!!! No, I mean, we need to get our brain cells working!)

5 Likes Save    

The thread isn't specifically about climate change.

It's about youth (specifically women) stepping up to take the lead on the challenges of the day.

Why some people would feel threatened by that is beyond me.

It's all well and good to say "we did all these glorious things" but to use that as an attack against people who have barely been alive long enough to vote *once* is ridiculous. Unless your definition of "youth" is different from mine. To me "youth" ends at around age 20.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Pidge_
catticusmockingbird

Is Donnie Jr. posting here? Sure sounds like it.

2 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

Farbauti, climate change is real. It is not a religion

Of course it's real, the climate is always changing. But the climate
change cult is not about climate change. It's about using irrational
fear as a tool of coercion and control. The whole thing is built on
undemonstrable yet unfalsifiable claims. Sound familiar? Unless you do
what we say you're going to suffer great pain and agony. Sound familiar?
Non-believers are heretics who are going to bring doom upon every
righteous climate change believer. Sound familiar? Hurricanes, heat,
cold, locusts, frogs and any other destructive natural event are the
proof of how guilty we are. Sound familiar?

Wake up. The topic may have changed, but the tools and themes used for manipulation are the same. It's religion for the 21st century, where people are more informed but equally susceptible.

7 Likes Save    
lakeaffect

Yup, the progressive young women are the tip of a big, HUUUGGGGE, beautiful iceberg, and you old, tired, regressives are aboard the Titanic. Bon Voyage, and enjoy Dirty Don's captaining skills.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by Pidge_
tony jelly

What is the goal of this supposed religion?

Save    

Ok Farbauti, you recognize that the climate is changing.

Do you acknowledge that weather is getting more volatile and no longer following the more or less predictable patterns that have been documented for 150 years or so?

Do you recognize that temperatures are quickly reaching levels that are no longer sustainable for human and other life?

If so, what do you think we should do about it? I read your border proposal; you clearly possess strong reasoning skills. Any thoughts on how to mitigate the effects of a changing climate and hopefully preserve our ability as humans to exist in the level of comfort and security that we currently enjoy?

5 Likes Save    
kaych

I don't know if it's true but I just read that McConnell will hold a vote in the senate on the "Green New Deal". I think it would be a brilliant move to force the Dems to go on record as the embarrassing fools that they are regarding this.

5 Likes Save    
numbersjunkie

I follow David Hogg (Parkland Survivor) on Twitter, and he has a saying ...."The young people will win." I for one am so proud of the energy and focus these young people have demonstrated. and am very hopeful that the younger generation will be able to save us from ourselves.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Pidge_
Pidge_

Farbauti, can you send a video of you rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic? Or are you one of the violinists playing away as the ship goes down?

Lily writes: "I have a grandson who's so disturbed by climate change that his whole college curriculum is based on this as well as the many essays he's written. THIS is our future."

One of my granddaughters is stufying envioronmental science in college and will probably spend her life in ways like your grandson. She is also our future,, well trained by her family. Her mother works in many ways to provide food to schools, nursing homes, organic organizarions, and more stuff than I can think of right now. Her father (my son) is very active as a writer about the environment, especially the fishing industry and the very serious problems pertaining to aquaculture.

There are so many young people working to make this world a better place. I was one of them when I was a kid but now it is their turn.

1 Like Save    
3 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

What is the goal of this supposed religion?

Globalism, transfer of wealth and the destruction of our current system based on sovereign and independent countries. You enter into international agreements and all of a sudden someone else is telling you what you can and can't do, how much energy you can use, what cars you can drive, what industries you're allowed to have. You are being talked into voluntarily giving up your freedoms, your wealth, your country out of fear. Wake up.

I'm for green energy and reducing emissions. I want clean air, pristine meadows, fresh water. Let's do it. But let's do it without sinking ourselves and giving up our country in the process.

8 Likes Save    
heri cles

I'm for green energy and reducing emissions. I want clean air, pristine
meadows, fresh water. Let's do it. But let's do it without sinking
ourselves and giving up our country in the process.

OK.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

You are being talked into voluntarily giving up your freedoms, your wealth, your country out of fear. Wake up.

Thank God for young people that haven't bought into the hysteria.

3 Likes Save    
forreal

Be Afraid!!!

And they are. Hence the hysterics about a junior member of Congress.

Ah well, just like forever, things will progress and those in denial will be left behind. As they should be. I just wish they wouldn't be so hysterical about being left behind. It's a choice they're making so shut up already.

2 Likes Save    

International agreements work both ways. When you are in them, you have a greater ability to influence the changes that will result in clean air and water, etc in every nation of the world.

What happens in the US doesn't stay in the US and the same goes for every other area too.

3 Likes Save    
Lisa

Didn't Cortez include FAQ about platform that guaranteed benefits to those Americans unwilling to work?

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Apparently.

Who wants to pay for people that refuse to work?

We're already paying for services they use, now taxpayers are supposed to give them a living wage?

Pass the Popcorn.,

I think democrats are pushing their luck.

1 Like Save    

Many people who don't "work" at a job that brings in an income still contribute positively to society.

People who volunteer and parents/grandparents/other family members who provide primary care to their children and the children of others who do have a job and cannot afford childcare come to mind.

I agree that the verbiage "unwilling to work" is problematic because of the optics. The truth is that there are currently and always will be people who are unwilling to work and we already support them.

Save    
cait1

Those poor, stupid girls. I really feel bad for the lack of education they're getting and the lack of curiosity to research for themselves. But that's what the leftist tyrants want - stupid, incurious girls who will grow up to be stupid, incurious women.

Quote, Edenhofer, co-chair of the IPCC's Working Group III:

"(OTTMAR EDENHOFER, UN IPCC OFFICIAL): That will change immediately if global emission rights are distributed. If this happens, on a per capita basis, then Africa will be the big winner, and huge amounts of money will flow there. This will have enormous implications for development policy. And it will raise the question if these countries can deal responsibly with so much money at all.

(NZZ): That does not sound anymore like the climate policy that we know.

(EDENHOFER): Basically it's a big mistake to discuss climate policy separately from the major themes of globalization. The climate summit in Cancun at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the largest economic conferences since the Second World War. Why? Because we have 11,000 gigatons of carbon in the coal reserves in the soil under our feet - and we must emit only 400 gigatons in the atmosphere if we want to keep the 2-degree target. 11 000 to 400 - there is no getting around the fact that most of the fossil reserves must remain in the soil.

(NZZ): De facto, this means an expropriation of the countries with natural resources. This leads to a very different development from that which has been triggered by development policy.

(EDENHOFER): First of all, developed countries have basically expropriated the atmosphere of the world community. But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy. Obviously, the owners of coal and oil will not be enthusiastic about this. One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole."

Here's my cherry picking from above:

The climate summit in Cancun at the end of the month is not a climate conference, but one of the largest economic conferences since the Second World War.

But one must say clearly that we redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy.

'Climate Change' isn't global warming because there is no global warming and has nothing to do with climate or the environment.

'Climate Change' is a Marxist economic policy intended to collapse wealthy countries, meaning Western Civilizations. It's always about collapsing Western Civilizations, especially America, because the ideology behind them encompasses liberty and independence, things that those who love to control despise.

Those poor, stupid, brainwashed girls. Doing what they're told and not thinking for themselves, just the way the controllers/tyrants want their females to be.

PS, great to see you here again, Hay!!!

3 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Caring for children is an admirable way to spend one's life.

If a parent loves a child, it is far preferable to leaving them with strangers all day.

However, caring for your own children should be at your own expense, not mine.

Work, don't work, work part time, but I'm not subsidizing anyone's lifestyle--I've made decisions with my life that didn't require others to pay me for making them, or failing to make decisions.

Responsible people can afford children they produce and have a stable, loving family relationship with a spouse before bringing children into the world.

Responsible people have alternate plans ready and insurance policies should the spouse get sick, die or abandon the commitment.

People will never live up to a commitment they do not make and so no need to because others will take up their slack.

The newer generation may be willing to do that.

It sounds so good to them!

The Greatest Generation is turning over in their graves if they know their sacrifices are not only forgotten, but unappreciated and so easily being surrendered to manipulation.

1 Like Save    
kaych

AOC is the tip of an iceberg

It's good that this lunacy is being exposed for what it is. Stay tuned for more ignorance to surface from all those ivory tower brain-washings that only teach 'what' to think instead of 'how' to think.

4 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

"Stay tuned for more ignorance to surface from all those ivory tower brain-washings that only teach 'what' to think instead of 'how' to think"

Which is exactly how China came about, their public schools teach memorization and rote learning instead of independent innovative thought. That's why they have to steal our technology.

2 Likes Save    

It's silly to suppose that the current system is not already supporting people who don't earn.

2 Likes Save    
purr mich 7_

katrina_ellen

35 minutes ago

The banner for AOC forgot to list killing fetuses at will and persecuting Christians

You want something to happen? Do you really seriously believe something will happen because you're on this small forum bashing the opposition? Do you ever get out and WORK on what you want? You're here continually. and from what I can see, 90% is negative bashing.

How's that working for you and your cause?

Armchair frwingers. Can't be bothered.

Save    
kaych

purr mich 7_

You want something to happen? Do you really seriously believe something will happen because you're on this small forum bashing the opposition? Do you ever get out and WORK on what you want? You're here continually. and from what I can see, 90% is negative bashing.

How's that working for you and your cause?

LOL What size, shape, & color is that mirror you're talking to?

Save    
katrina_ellen

pur mich - don't worry about what I am doing, I am the one who answers for that. What are you doing besides projecting?

Save    
tony jelly

This is a list of people worth between $400,000,000 to $700,000,000, in 1957, quite a few are unwilling to work because they don't need to.

There are more up to date figures on Wikipedia but they don't show how they became rich although some of the same names re-occur.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

"Globalism, transfer of wealth and the destruction of our current system based on sovereign and independent countries."

This is the goal of the young women? Wow, they are much more ambitious than most younger generations are.

Here is the iceberg AOC is riding? (with a few penguins hitching a ride)

Kate

Save    
Fárbauti

This is the goal of the young women? Wow, they are much more ambitious than most younger generations are.

No, they're just mindless puppets.Useful idiots some would say.

5 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

There are efforts underway for the USA to move ahead with the various new technologies that address arresting the rate of change.

This is about the USA putting its resources to work - and includes being the ones to control the direction. (Does not sound a lot like globalism.)

1 Like Save    
tony jelly

Will a sovereign and independent country keep its pollution to itself and deal with the effects of climate change independently?

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Globalism, transfer of wealth and the destruction of our current system based on sovereign and independent countries."

Yep. Redistribution of American wealth inside and outside our country was going on without a hitch until President Trump won the election.

2 Likes Save    
Jenn Dinosaur-Mom(5)

The mister and I are incredibly fortunate financially and to be able to create a family through foster care and recently adopted two kiddos who had been placed in our home early February 2018. We have no mortgage, contribute to our retirement accounts with the help of a well-qualified finance/investment portfolio management person (we want to ensure that our goals are on track and that we're properly prepared for our future retirement). Our health insurance is thankfully employer-provided.

We send our kids to a school in the local public district; drive the same grand-canyon-size potholed streets in need of repairing as everyone else in the area; and if there's a fire or a break-in we'll be grateful for the local fire department and/or police who work for our city, coming to our aid. We worry about the world we're leaving for our children and for their children - there's only one Earth, humans haven't been such great stewards of the planet and while climate/weather patterns have always varied we don't want to exacerbate the growing problems. At least not before we have found another planet to move to and have the means to successfully relocate en mass.

Save    
PRO
Kitchenwitch111

I know plenty of people in their 20’s and 30’s and they are hard-working tax-paying-volunteering-type people who also know how to have a good time. I’d rather be with them than a bunch of arrogant geezers who declare that THEY built this country, THEY sacrificed, THEY want to pollute and run the world the way THEY want to and then they don’t want anyone else to take that same initiative. When the old men in government (and those who vote for them) are long gone, the young people will be here and they should get to decide what kind of world they want to live in.

7 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Age is a game you cannot win.

Each of us ages -- if we are lucky enough to continue living -- and eventually will be replaced by those younger.

Complain about the coming generations if you must, but you cannot stop time. B!tching about younger persons is like trying to argue with an avalanche.

4 Likes Save    
Jenn Dinosaur-Mom(5)

...b!tching about and denigrating them as 'avocado toast eating, know-nothing, always expecting handouts which they want others to pay for'...Better hope that one has planned and prepared for the expenses of high quality level care at the end of life, with enough money to pay for all the other stuff (food, clothing, etc) too...otherwise they might find themselves at the mercy of those same 'know nothings'.

And if you get social security, who do you think are paying those benefits? Young people. The money you put in has been spent on the generation who entered retirement when you were just beginning to enter the workplace as an adult. Baby boomers are being paid for by Gen-X and older Millennials, who will then have their SS benefits paid for by younger Millennials and Gen-Y/Z. Seeing as baby boomers worked in a period when unions had been expanding and standard defined benefit pensions were a great deal more common than they are today - with their offspring mostly limited to 401K's and whatever private retirement funding they have been able to cobble together - it's only right for boomers to collectively stop resisting the idea of protecting against climate change, to stop blocking every attempt at creating the society that young people want for their future for a fantasy of returning to a fabled time when things were just great! (Except for POC. And women. And anyone not white+male with some wealth.)

We appreciate all your work in getting us to where we became a society with cities, industry, better+more food, education regardless of gender or socioeconomic status. But seeing as you're not going to be around forever, maybe it's time to quit acting like you're going to. Maybe relax and see that this idea of it being 'your' world and claiming you 'built it' is not quite the whole truth you insist it is - unless you're several thousand years old and managed to live through times of brutal empires, no modern medicine, etc...On the off chance you believe these things *do* describe you, awesome, have you been approached about making a movie telling the story of your immortality and global civilization-builder-life? Perhaps it's a matter of your being reincarnated so not only were you a Mesopotamian ruler but you also got to be one of America's founding fathers; leader of early civilization with symbol-format writing, amongst other important things AND signed the declaration of independence!

Every generation since modern humans showed up on Earth has changed our world and shaped its future. Fighting in wars for what one believes in is a respectable thing, but Hitler fought for what he believed Germany should be - he also 'signed off on' a genocide of horrific proportions, warfare destroying a lot of Europe, powers both Allies and Axis paid for it at the cost of a generation of men. Maybe the modern world could use less war, fewer actual weapons of mass destruction, and for younger generations to learn the value of cooperation, of peace, fewer guns and attending schools where drills on 'active shooter incidents' aren't needed (nor is arming teachers). I know humans have always been a bloodthirsty lot, fighting and killing since the dawn of time, but the future of our planet and our species is uncertain. Evolving and adapting to respond to future challenges is going to mean working together, not warring and killing one's way to the top (besides, it's only a matter of time before someone else comes and shoves you from your lofty perch and into a volcano).

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Pidge_
terrene(5b MA)

Fauxbauti - Of course it's real, the climate is always changing. But the climate
change cult is not about climate change. It's about using irrational
fear as a tool of coercion and control.

The climate has changed for hundreds of millions of years, primarily due to the Milankovitch cycles, which are natural variations in Earth's orbit, axis, and wobble that occur at regular intervals of tens of thousands of years. There is some shorter term natural variation in climate due to solar activity, volcanic eruptions, a Heinrich event etc..

The climate is changing TODAY due to the rapid accumulation of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, primarily from humans burning fossil fuels and to a small degree, land use changes, i.e. humans tearing up natural ecosystems which are carbon sinks.

We have burned more fossil fuels since 1980, than in all 230 previous years of the industrial revolution combined!

It is not about "a tool of coercion and control" (total projection) it's about the fact that young people recognize they are the ones who will have to live with the worst consequences of climate change. It's their future!

Save    
terrene(5b MA)

Yep. Redistribution of American wealth inside and outside our country
was going on without a hitch until President Trump won the election.

Wealth redistribution = wealth concentrating into the hands of the upper class and it's still going on without a hitch!!

Have you taken a look at the tax bill? For example:

- Corporate tax rate cut from 35% to 21% - this benefits shareholders, with 50% of all stock held by the upper class

- Tax rate effectively reduced on OFFSHORE corporate earnings, so even
more coporations will incorporate in other countries with low tax rates - not the US

- Estate tax threshold increased from 11M to 22M for married couples - millions more dollars exempt from death tax, benefits the upper class

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides A Designer’s Top 10 Tips for Interior Lighting
Consider these things when selecting the location, style and function of your home’s lighting
Full Story
Life 8 Stress-Busting Tips for Hosting Small Gatherings
Make entertaining easy with these ideas for casual get-togethers
Full Story
Laundry Rooms 4 Tips to Help Prevent Winter Dryer Fires
Find out why dryer fires spike in the winter and how you can prevent them in your home
Full Story