SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_134361198

quality of hooker furniture

m h
5 years ago

Hi Houzzers,

I have been in the market for a new arm chair for my great room. I have some dimension criteria that has made the search difficult. I have looked at many good quality brands but have not found anything that really fit the bill yet. I came across an arm chair by Hooker online that seem to check most of the boxes. Some research I have done indicates that Hooker is a decent mid-price/quality furniture brand; which I don't need super top of the line- just something of better quality than pottery barn/ashley furniture/west elm. One thing that concerns me is that Hooker is made in China or Vietnam. Hooker still seems to be of pretty good quality despite not being made in the US. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the quality of Hooker furniture. Should I be concerned about it being made in China? The website had these details about the construction of the chair I am looking at:

Frame Construction: Kiln dried, laminated, and select hardwoods that are precision machined for fluid and consistent shape.

Padding: Pattern cut urethane foam that is padded with felt polyester fibers, assuring the important qualities of comfort, loft, resilience, and good recovery.

Seat: A high resilient, high density foam core wrapped with virgin polyester fibers, assuring luxurious comfort and pleasing crown appearance. This is then covered with a special ticking for pillow soft comfort.

Seat Back: Filled with precision cut foam and highly resilient polyester fibers or filled with 100% virgin polyester fibers enclosed in a special ticking for pillow soft comfort.

It does not say anything about the joint construction or spring system used. I feel a little concerned about it saying "laminated" in the frame construction.

I have tried to search old threads but some are old and the quality of some furniture makers seem to have changed so I was hoping to get a more update review on the quality of Hooker furniture.

Any and all thoughts welcome!

Thank you everyone for your input in advance!

Comments (23)