SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_702845008

How do I break up a long wall in two rooms?

Hello! I'm a somewhat recent first-time homebuyer, and I've been struggling with this space since we moved in. Design is not my forte (I just can't visualize without holding things up, which makes it difficult!), so I thought I'd ask the community here! Excuse the mess in the photo--I just started a weaving project. This room is technically two spaces: dining area (attached to the kitchen through a doorway) and formal sitting room (our actual living area is off the kitchen on the other side). The sitting room leads to the front door, and the clock part of the wall is the first thing you see when you come in from the garage (also the front door if you turn right). The sitting room is a step down from the front door and the dining room. The dining room is separated also by a lower ceiling, where the sitting room has a partially vaulted ceiling (is that how you would describe it?). The couch is NOT permanent--it was a free one from my aunt and is just there until we find something that fits with our decor. Considering a circular ottoman (e.g. this one https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/charlton-home-camas-tufted-storage-ottoman-w001173067.html?piid=711335856) for the center of the room and ditching the cubes. I'll attach more photos of the area in the comments. How would you break up this wall into two spaces?

Comments (5)