SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

If you're choosing the restaurant, where are you going?

party_music50
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Just curious about the restaurant choices where you all live. There have been many wonderful restaurants in the area over the years, but as the older members (cooks) of the family move on, the restaurants don't survive. I'm located between two small cities...one basically has choices of pizzas, subs, diners, Italian, or Chinese food. and everyone offers the same choices. The only place I really like there is an old sports bar with the best burgers I've ever had. The larger city is a melting pot for refugees and the population make-up there is changing all the time. I'm longing for the good old German restaurants and the American restaurants that aged their steaks, but my current favorite restaurants there are Indian, Lebanese, and Bosnian. A group of us was supposed to meet at an Irish pub for late lunch yesterday, but it turned out to be closed for a private party. We ended up at my favorite Bosnian place instead, and I'm not the one who suggested it. :) If I'm choosing, it will probably be one of those four places, but it depends on who's coming with me.

What are the restaurant choices around you like? which are your favorites?

Comments (35)