Doctor Who Performed Abortions And Saved Many Mothers' Lives

Becca Reese

Says that in all his years delivering babies and treating high-risk pregnancies (and also performing abortions), there has never, ever been a need to perform a late-3rd term abortion to save the mother's life. In fact, the time needed to carry out the abortion could harm her.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43283/former-abortion-doctor-you-never-need-late-term-frank-camp

During an interview with Live Action founder Lila Rose, former abortion doctor Anthony Levatino stated that late-term abortions are never medically necessary:
We hear all the time how abortion, including especially late-term abortion, is necessary to save women's lives. Nothing could be further from the truth. I spent nine years working at a tertiary medical center. There are only certain hospitals in the country that are designated to take care of the really, really high-risk pregnancies ...
Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York, where I worked, was one of them. I was faculty at the hospital for nine years, and I saw hundreds of cases of really severe pregnancy complications – cancers, heart disease, intractable diabetes ... toxemia pregnancy, out of control. In those nine years, I saved hundreds of women from life-threatening pregnancies, and I did that by delivering them, by ending their pregnancy by delivery – either induction of labor or cesarean section...
I always tell people, in all of those years, the number of babies that I had to, that I was obligated to deliberately kill in the process was zero, none.

Levatino continued, explaining that prior to a late-term abortion, the cervix must be sufficiently dilated in order for the doctor to be able to properly extract the dismembered fetus from the uterus. The dilation process "can take anywhere from 24 to 72 hours," according to Levatino, who performed more than 1,200 abortions in his career. Many women experiencing major pregnancy complications don’t have that much time.

Levatino then spoke about a case that he encountered in his own career. A pregnant woman came to the hospital with "severe toxemia," also known as pre-eclampsia. Levatino "stabilized her, brought her back, did a cesarean section," and "had her delivered within an hour of arriving at the hospital." Both the mother and the infant of 27 weeks gestation survived. Had she waited hours for a late-term abortion, she would have likely suffered a stroke, according to Levatino.

"You never need late-term abortion to save a woman's life. If necessary, you accomplish the delivery," he said.

SaveComment21Like2
Comments (21)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

Vast difference between intentionally kill and allow to die. Almost every doctor has had to make that decision so he probably had done so. Skating with words can be interesting. It is the ability to read what is only suggested that trips up the poster above here.

Save    
katrina_ellen

And this is the argument that the Left is using to justify themselves, so they don't look like the bad guys. They are using lies and distortions and I hope people can see thru it.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
Joaniepoanie

Maybe the right should butt out of people's personal lives and decisions.

5 Likes Save    
Sylvia Gordon

Inflammatory and inaccurate.

Remove the dismembered fetus?

Every account I have ever read of women faced with delivering a tragically defective child, a child doomed to tremendous pain and excruciating death, has said that the baby was removed in its amniotic sac.

Also, note how the doctor uses the word necessity.

He talks about abortion to protect or save the Life, Health, or safety of the woman, not to spare an innocent the pain of a hopelessly short painful life & a painful death.

Words are amazing, they can be used to enlighten or to obscure, to tell the truth or to lie.

3 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Yup, words Sylvia. Thank you for actually addressing "health" of mother. This is what Democrats are flat-out refusing to talk about.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Joaniepoanie

Maybe the right should butt out of people's personal lives and decisions.Yeah, let's just dehumanize babies in the womb and give them no protections whatsoever. If a mother wants to kill her baby before or after birth, who are we to say?

2 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

There are two lives here to consider, not just one.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

If a mother wants to kill her baby before or after birth, who are we to say?

Kill? Pfft. you have no say, nada, none, nothing. It is not your place to interfere and not your place to insert your own personal views.

Save    
elvis

Sylvia wrote: Every account I have ever read of women faced with delivering a tragically defective child, a child doomed to tremendous pain and excruciating death, has said that the baby was removed in its amniotic sac.

Depends on the age of the fetus, apparently.

...At this point, when the physician starts to withdraw the forceps from the woman’s body, the fetus is usually intact. Often, especially earlier in the second trimester, disarticulation (or dismemberment) occurs as the physician delivers the fetal part grasped in the instrument and pulls it through the opening of the cervix. The physician then reinserts the forceps, and repeats this step until all fetal material has been removed from the uterus. See id.

The fetus dies sometime during the process of disarticulation.

Physicians try to minimize the number of times they insert instruments into the woman’s uterus, and therefore attempt to remove as much of the fetus as possible each time they insert the instrument. In some D&Es, little or no disarticulation occurs, and the physician removes the fetus relatively intact.

However, as the pregnancy advances, the fetal skull will become too large to pass through the cervix—especially later in the second trimester. Hence, whether the D&E involves extensive disarticulation or relatively intact removal, the fetal skull usually must be compressed to allow it to pass through the cervix without injuring the woman.

https://www.reproductiverights.org/sites/default/files/documents/amicus-brief-ACOG.pdf

1 Like Save    
kaych

Becca Reese

Joaniepoanie

Maybe the right should butt out of people's personal lives and decisions.Yeah, let's just dehumanize babies in the womb and give them no protections whatsoever. If a mother wants to kill her baby before or after birth, who are we to say?

And it removes criminal penalties on all forms of abortion, including those caused by an attack on a pregnant woman! Free reign given to do away with the pregnancy by literally anyone.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

And it removes criminal penalties on all forms of abortion, including
those caused by an attack on a pregnant woman! Free reign given to do
away with the pregnancy by literally anyone.

A man in New York is already benefiting from Cuomo's abortion law. He killed his pregnant girlfriend and both died. Now he's not facing abortion charges because we're allowed to kill babies. If a doctor can do it, why not punch women in the stomach or throw them down steps to induce a miscarriage??

But, "women's health", right?

1 Like Save    
kaych

But, "women's health", right?

Right, the "un-reproductive women's health choice"

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Finally, the RHA removes abortion from the penal code, treating it just like every other medical procedure. This has led to accusations that the RHA eliminates the ability for victims to seek justice when a violent crime causes the loss of a pregnancy. This is yet more misinformation.

Physical assault resulting in the loss of pregnancy qualifies as first-degree assault, which carries a penalty of five to 25 years, far more than the previous sentence for "unlawful abortion." Furthermore, judges have discretion to increase the penalty in cases where the crime was particularly violent. The RHA does not prevent appropriate charging and sentencing of violent perpetrators.

https://m.timesunion.com/opinion/article/Commentary-Claims-that-Reproductive-Act-go-13599557.php

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

foas, further proving the baby has no rights. Saying the murderer can still be charged on other crimes related to the mother is no justice for the unborn child.

Save    
foodonastump

As long as the actual punishment is suitable, I see no issue. This is better than a case where someone in jail for life or on death row isn’t tried/convicted of one particular murder, because mother and fetus can be considered one. It’s just emotional semantics.

1 Like Save    
heri cles

Several decades ago a relative died while giving birth. I look at the death certificate and it stated - prolonged labor, ruptured membrane, peripheral sepsis (sic) , peritonitis. pro-cesarean. The child lived, she passed away. Not sure if that tragic circumstance still happens given the state of medical science and modern procedures.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

All late term abortions involve tragedy.

Each is a specific case where the details are scrutinized.

It *is* an ethical and medical issue.

Those with money and/or connections have always had access. And will retain that access.

Sharing the horror stories will not change the views of many and are as likely to influence those on both sides.

And the topic must be horrifically painful for those who have faced this or is close to someone....

2 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Becca why are you against birth control?

1 Like Save    
roxanna7

Am I the only one who reads the title of this thread as ("Dr Who" performed abortions)? In the Tardis, presumably....

Save    
josephene_gw

Roxana, just saw that.

DR WHO

hahahahaha

1 Like Save    
roxanna7

josephene, I thoroughly realize that this discussion is NOT amusing in the least, but I couldn't help myself -- it was how I first read the title in the OP. Guess I'll go straight to h*ll now ("do not pass GO, do not collect $200")....

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Contemporary Homes My Houzz: Industrial Style in a Converted Doctor’s Office
An elegant art collection and an open layout mark this couple’s Uptown New Orleans apartment
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Slow Down and Ease Up: A Sanity-Saving Approach to Life
Why not take the pressure off and live a little more consciously in 2017? The challenging goals can wait
Full Story
Most Popular 11 Ways to Save Water at Home
Whether you live in a drought-stricken area or just want to help preserve a precious resource, here are things you can do to use less water
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More