The color of priviledge is Democrat

Becca Reese

Imagine a Republican administration whose top 3 members were caught in a KKK scandal with photographic proof, a "coon"man scandal with proof, 2 blackface scandals with proof and admission and a serial sexual assault scandal involving allegations of forced oral and rape.

If Virginia's leadership was Republican, the Governor's mansion would have been burned to the ground by now. Instead, we have some pretty tame protestations from Democrats who actually are willing to answer questions, make statements and not pretend they're on the phone.

Imagine 2 white Republican politicians who refuse to resign over blackface (oh, right...and 1 even promoting infanticide), yet say nothing in defense of their accuse black colleague, staying completely silent while calls for his resignation mount by the hour.

Those mounting calls are coming from Democrats, btw. Republicans and news outlets like FOX are actually callin for due process.

What would this epic melange of Virginia scandals look like if the men were Republicans? I dare say, ANTIFA would burned Cary Street from east to west.

SaveComment24Like1
Comments (24)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Time out to rest--with soothing music in the background--is recommended.

1 Like Save    
Lily613

Imagine a reality tv star with a bright orange face and straw hair saying the N words many times during the Apprentice years and all these tapes are in a safe controlled by Mark Burnett?

14 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Looks like Democrats should have looked at what they worship instead of tearing down historical statues.

2 Likes Save    
margievank

Lily- right now we are dealing in PROOF. LOL

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

We don't have to imagine how republicans or democrats would act to a man in the oval office whose father was with the KKK, who has white supremacists as his closest advisors, who has been guilty of racial discrimination, refers to nations that are predominantly black as "sh*thole", has admitted publicly to sexual assault, has had 3 wives and cheated on all of them, who has paid hush money to keep women silent, who has surrounded himself with convicted felons and liars, who has publicly obstructed justice and sided with a hostile nation over the US's own intelligence service. The gop has more than turned a blind eye to actually aiding in a cover up, while the democrats have pursued legal processes to investigate and act as the Constitutionally mandated check on presidential powers.

14 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Oh really? The party that had a Grand Wizard of the KKK for a senator and a murderer that they called the Lion of the Senate is pointing fingers? Give me a break!

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

H Y P O C R I T E S when they point fingers,

Democrats should stop pointing fingers and lecturing and get to work.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
elvis

Lily613

Imagine a reality tv star with a bright orange face and straw hair saying the N words many times during the Apprentice years and all these tapes are in a safe controlled by Mark Burnett?

You go ahead and keep imagining it, we'll pass. You might also consider a vision check: "bright orange face". "Straw hair"? You're about the same age as Trump. How's the condition of yours?

1 Like Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
Becca Reese

Stan Areted

H Y P O C R I T E S when they point fingers,

Democrats should stop pointing fingers and lecturing and get to work.

They are, and they won't. We're in for 2 years of obstruction and useless, baseless investigations.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

mrskjun(9)

Oh
really? The party that had a Grand Wizard of the KKK for a senator and a
murderer that they called the Lion of the Senate is pointing fingers?
Give me a break!

The party that's going to let 2 white guys stay in office and boot the black guy out. But Dems had to change the narrative and put a hit on Northam.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

Hey, fun fact: did you know Robert Byrd was the only Democratic Senator who voted to censure Clinton for lying under oath?

Carry on.

1 Like Save    
elvis

That is fun, BC. Carry on.

Save    
katrina_ellen

The left has to make Trump out to be a racist to justify their intolerance and their false sense of moral superiority.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
Becca Reese

katrina, the Left creates crisis were there are none and then they convince their faithful that they are victims of the crisis.

1 Like Save    
heri cles

Another chamber of racism denial.

echo- lmfao - lia.

Save    
heri cles

Looks like Democrats should have looked at what they worship instead of tearing down historical statues.

I don't worship anything or anyone.

Confederate statutes are disgraceful symbols of racism that should be removed from any public place where they stand.

It is disturbing to see any neo-confederate attempt to glorify a bloody civil war fought in large measure to preserve slavery,

Save    
Stan Areted

HIstory is important--people won't remember if it is erased--oh wait.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

katrina-ellen/becca...please point out anything in my post that was incorrect or made up, rather than just wholesale besmirch what I said.

1 Like Save    
tony jelly

The same old same old. While we squabble among ourselves, as entertaining as it is the bandits, sometimes in red sometimes in blue, make off with the loot.

Save    
artemis_ma

Becca, there are a lot of hypocrites in both parties.

They should ALL be called out. I am seriously tired of cherry picking. Generates more heat than light.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

elvis, what on earth are you talking about? I was addressing katrina-ellen's comment and becca's both of which seemed to have a similar tenor toward my post.

2 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

Oooh. Does this mean it's okay to start addressing anyone here by all the names I think they may be using? How much fun will that be? You better check with your buddies, annie.

I don't see any other posters who are literally in every single post. It is actually pretty sad because it must consume most of the day.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

History *is* what is written. Statues are something else...

I'm OK with adding text to statues in public places that give greater context...

Save    
heri cles

Stash - It is history but it should not be glorified, Consider the lack of WWII statues glorifying Hitler and the Naziis in Germany. They don't even like to talk about their Nazi heritage for reasons that are obvious. Confederate history should likewise be relegated to the scrap heap.

Save