SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparkleswest

Chrome Vintage Stove - Mixed Metal Cabinet Hardware/ Faucet?

Seak and Sparrow
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello All,

We are in the design phase for our kitchen remodel. We want a contemporary kitchen with vintage touches. We love the white shaker cabinets, black windows with white frames, exposed or added unhewn wooden ceiling beams and shelves, white/grey or black quartz countertops and touches of antique brass or bronze ( basically black, white, wood and golden/warm touches---see pics for examples). We also want/need to incorporate our 1940's Wedgewood double oven with chrome top and white porcelain body (pic below). I don't particularly want chrome anywhere else.

So my question is in regards to the hardware and finishes. Do you see an issue with oil rubbed bronze (black looking) for hardware, golden bronze or antique brass for faucet and potentially lighting fixtures, darkened steel (without or without aged bronze or brass riveting), and of course our chrome stove?

Also, our living room is connected through a hallway but we don't have an open floor plan. We'd probably echo the same finishes in the living room that is in the kitchen, minus the chrome. Besides my stove, I'm not huge chrome person.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have to offer.

Comments (8)