Anti-Israel Congresswoman Wants To Defund DHS

Becca Reese

Just a couple weeks ago, Ilhan Omar was decrying TSA not getting paychecks, yet she wants to withhold the very funding that pays them, along with you know, little entities like... the TSA and the Coast Guard.

Seriously, can we make our elected officials take a civics test and require them to read our Constitution before we install them into office?

Is it just a coincidence Omar wants to defund fighting illegals, terrorism and protecting our country?

Hmm...

This woman is a train wreck and an embarrassment. How about #Not1Dollar for Minnestoa daycare fraud?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43275/ilhan-omar-makes-radical-call-defunding-critical-ryan-saavedra

"When Democrats stood our ground last month, we proved that Individual 1 does not have the public support to ram his hateful wall through Congress," Omar tweeted. "Let’s stand firm: #Not1Dollar for DHS."

DHS has a budget of over $45 billion per year, which it uses to fund multiple operational and support components that the department oversees.

Completely defunding DHS would end the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), United States Secret Service (USSS), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Management Directorate, Science and Technology Directorate, Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office, Office of Intelligence and Analysis, and the Office of Operations Coordination.

According to DHS's stated mission, the department has five core goals:

Prevent Terrorism and Enhance Security:
Protecting the American people from terrorist threats is our founding principle and our highest priority. The Department of Homeland Security's counterterrorism responsibilities focus on three goals:
Prevent terrorist attacks;
Prevent the unauthorized acquisition, importation, movement, or use of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear materials and capabilities within the United States; and
Reduce the vulnerability of critical infrastructure and key resources, essential leadership, and major events to terrorist attacks and other hazards...

SaveComment59Like1
Comments (59)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GOD

Wow, 45 billion. Imagine the waste in there.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Omar makes $170+K. Imagine the waste in there.

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

WHAT an angry dolt.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
Becca Reese

Stan, her unabashed anti-American agenda is frightening.

3 Likes Save    
josephene_gw

Well they are not doing a good job.

kick them out, Fire them!

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Stan, this dolt thinks illegals should be welcomed with open arms and I don't know if she's really this stupid, but Obama caged kids and let at least 18 people die in custody.

I guess we should have Ritz Carltons line the border and have that waiting for them. A Heavenly Bed (tm), perhaps we order them room service and draw them a nice, hot bubble bath with heated towels.

“I remember what [leaving for America] felt like, but the difference between what is happening to some of these little girls and me is that I didn’t have a cage waiting for me,” she said. “[…] And in this country, in the United States, people are not welcomed [with open arms]. They are separated and processed, they are detained and tortured, and we can’t continue to allow that to happen.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Rob Schmitt@SchmittNYC

Ilhan Omar angry and complaining TSA agents haven’t received back pay, then an hour later calls to defund DHS... which would end TSA

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

I think in their rush to elect women to congress, a bit of vetting was overlooked. I certainly don't disagree with the concept of more women in congress, but smart women in congress should be the goal.

3 Likes Save    
margievank

LOL mrskjun- they are going for quantity over quality.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Ilhan Omar angry and complaining TSA agents haven’t received back pay, then an hour later calls to defund DHS... which would end TSA

Seriously? Good grief. Margie summed up the situation nicely: they are going for quantity over quality.

Brava, Margie. You cut to the chase with that one!

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Wow - the hit job on Omar is all revved up, isn't it?

She makes such a convenient scapegoat for the bigoted rabble, with her headscarves and all.

Save    
Becca Reese

Aw, are we picking on poor widdle Ilhan? Is she really that weak?

Tell you what. Once she starts caring more about Americans and defrauding the government, we'll have a whole lot less to pick on the poor girl for.

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

That's it carolb...we don't like her headscarves. We are bigoted against headscarves. How astute of you.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

What does carol have against head coverings? Is it a religious hangup? I like Omar's headscarves, it's her best thing, so far. She's not hesitant to stand up for her religious convictions.

Save    
GOD

Another strong woman, another meltdown by the right.

So predictable, so pathetic

Save    
Becca Reese

What does carol have against head coverings? Is it a religious hangup? I like Omar's headscarves, it's her best thing, so far. She's not hesitant to stand up for her religious convictions.

More power to her head covering, as she attacks Catholic boys and Israel. Has she ever apologized for spreading lies about the Covington boys?

Get a good lawyer, Omar. Nick Sandmann did.

2 Likes Save    
cait1

Well I'm all for getting rid of the TSA.

A bit of vetting overlooked, Mrs? lol How tactful of you.

Margie hit the nail on the head.... dems are looking for specific body parts/heritages when it comes to their candidates. Thinking, reasonable brains are optional, though, sadly, almost always lacking. And please... don't be a white, Christian man! Wouldn't want anyone to think dems were raaaacist.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

A strong woman is one thing.

Omar is arrogant, stupid, and threatening to our country and ideals.

That does not make her strong.

Margievank called it on the nose--they'll elect anyone loud and rude, no matter how stupid, if it has XX chromosomes, or appears to.

2 Likes Save    

A little dehumanization, anyone?

Save    
Becca Reese

cait, Democrats are all about ticking off boxes, identity politics and virtue signalling.

Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

I'm interested to see that Becca uses "anti-Israel" rather than "anti-Semitic" in the title.

Thank you Becca, sincerely.

Save    
Becca Reese

Oh, she's an anti-Semite, alright, promulgating old, bigoted tropes about Jews. She just can't help herself it seems.

Even Dems are noticing and speaking up. She needs to go.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/10/ilhan-omar-israel-aipac-money-1163631

2 Likes Save    

Rats.

Never mind.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Adolf Hitler - "Jews care only about money." This was what he said in 1938 as the Nazi Party enacted a law that would force Jews to "register" their wealth.

Ilhan Omar (referring to Jews) - "It's all about the Benjamins."

Followed up by her pointing to AIPAC.

C'mon, can we still ignore Omar's anti-Israel, anti-Jewish comments?

Chelsea Clinton is even calling her out. Omar doesn't even seem to "get" how offensive her comments have been to Jews. One after another after another.

1 Like Save    

Who knew that hidden beneath a slew of bigoted, intolerant and hostile attitudes there bloomed such a wealth of concern and caring for Jews?

So heartwarming!

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Yeah but Becca, she's a democrat, it's different when it's one of theirs. Although I'll give credit to the democratic Jewish congressman who called it what it is, as well as Chelsea Clinton.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

OH, this loud mouthed broad is going to cause some problems.

Pass the popcorn.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Maybe you should go back and read some of ojo's posts carolb and see who voiced concern for Israel and the Jews.

Who knew that hidden beneath compassion, and tolerance there bloomed such a wealth of anti Semitism, racist, and hate filled behavior.

4 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

It's everywhere, I had no idea, mrskjun.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

mrskjun(9)

Yeah
but Becca, she's a democrat, it's different when it's one of theirs.
Although I'll give credit to the democratic Jewish congressman who
called it what it is, as well as Chelsea Clinton.

Chelsea even called Omar out for trying to draw the GOP into her anit-Semitic tropes. Omar knows how important the Clintons still are and hopefully Chelsea weighing in and speaking in support of the fight against growing anti-Semitism in America and around the world will get it through her head that her language if not OK.

It's like asking Democrats if it's offensive that Steve King was just asking questions. You know the answer to that.

Save    
tony jelly

Speaking on behalf of Ojo can I repeat that criticism of Israel is NOT anti-semitism. It is obvious why criticism of Israel is labeled this way, but it is disingenuous and transparent, it also saves time for Omar's opponents who only have to press this button for the required result.

Illegal settlements are being built as we speak, Palestinians are brutalized while their homes are demolished to make way. They are supported in this by the United States. I suggest that before anyone starts throwing around career-destroying accusations they try to understand why we support this illegality (among others,)

2 Likes Save    

Israel has created a system of apartheid. Perhaps that is why so many conservatives are fans...?

Save    
mrskjun(9)

Nancy speaks.

"WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Monday insisted that freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar immediately apologize for tweets saying that members of Congress are being paid by a powerful interest group to support Israel.

"Congresswoman Omar's use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel's supporters is deeply offensive," Pelosi said in a statement issued by her office and signed by other Democratic leaders after a bipartisan backlash against the Minnesota Democrat. "We condemn these remarks and we call upon Congresswoman Omar to immediately apologize for these hurtful comments."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/speaker-pelosi-admonishes-freshman-omar-over-israel-tweet/ar-BBTsn7x?ocid=spartandhp

1 Like Save    
tony jelly

Sounds like a confession to me.

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Is that the awful Nancy that the right loves to hate?

Save    
Becca Reese

"Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes," Omar said. "My intention is never to offend my constituents or Jewish Americans as a whole. We have to always be willing to step back and think through criticism, just as I expect people to hear me when others attack me for my identity. This is why I unequivocally apologize."

She continued, "At the same time, I reaffirm the problematic role of lobbyists in our politics, whether it be AIPAC, the NRA or the fossil fuel industry. It's gone on too long and we must be willing to address it."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/11/politics/ilhan-omar-aipac-backlash/index.html

Translation: Sorry not sorry.

Pelosi needs to pull her off the Foreign Affairs Committee.

1 Like Save    
tony jelly

This woman is so brave to go up against this iniquity and the noise machine it attracts.

2 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Yes, she is brave. Maybe a bit unpolished but then so is Trump and plenty of people say that was a good thing to be unconventional.

Save    
Becca Reese

AIPAC accounts for about 1/100th of lobbying money in a year, and isn't even in the top 150 of lobby spending. AIPAC spent in 2018, $27015K in lobbying, and that's all they contributed to. Not billions, or millions, but 27015K. The top recipient was Tim Kaine, Hillary's running mate.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000046963

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/

But you keep telling yourself it's about fighting big lobby money in D.C.

Save    
tony jelly

What is the trope that Omar tapped into, likely accidentally?

The idea that Jews are good with money, that one? But it is true that Jews are well presented in finance and business.

What makes any of the above anti-semitic is the assumption that all Jews are alike, racism works the same way, as does Islamaphobia.

Here is a link that explains things quite simply.

link

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Pelosi needs to pull her off the Foreign Affairs Committee.

Like yesterday. FOX IN THE HENHOUSE

1 Like Save     Thanked by Becca Reese
Becca Reese

Stan, Omar and AOC need to be given a Twitter sitter.

Save    
Stan Areted

Becca Reese

Stan, Omar and AOC need to be given a Twitter sitter.

Lol, "Twitter Sitter" --an easy job for someone that heretofore his been "unwilling to work."

ROTF!

1 Like Save    

Thanks for that link Tony. I'm going to explore that website more. I confess I know very little about the intricacies of anti-Semitic tropes beyond the in-your-face propaganda of WWII.

I have absolutely no experience or teaching with the nuances.

Save    
catkinZ8a

Wow - the hit job on Omar is all revved up, isn't it?

She makes such a convenient scapegoat for the bigoted rabble, with her headscarves and all.

BIGOTED RABBLE?

You mean like Nancy Pelosi-D, Jerrold Nadler-D, Steny Hoyer-D, Eliot Engel-D.....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/house-democratic-leaders-condemn-rep-omars-use-of-anti-semitic-tropes-demand-apology?ref=home

Save    

Catkin your link didn't work...

Save    
tony jelly

You see what happened there, Lindsey? The tactic is to just blanket any reasoned commentary with tropes of their own from the Roger Stone vault.

2 Likes Save    

:-/

Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

I guess 'unequivocally' doesn't mean what I thought it meant. Or maybe conservatives have different dictionaries when they use Bing.

1 Like Save    
josephene_gw

Stan,

LOUD MOUTH BROAD.

expected from a man.

a tRump man.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

“Mouthed”

1 Like Save    
margaritadina

''

mrskjun(9)

I
think in their rush to elect women to congress, a bit of vetting was
overlooked. I certainly don't disagree with the concept of more women in
congress, but smart women in congress should be the goal.

''

Pro-American women.

Save    
margaritadina

''

Israel has created a system of apartheid. Perhaps that is why so many conservatives are fans...?

''

Nothing has changed in Israel's politics toward Palestine since the foundation of Israel. Perhaps Dems flipped real quick when pro-Muslim president moved into the WH?

Save    
subtropix

If the Dems support this a//hole, then they are as just as lost and useless as those that support the orange anti-Chri/t.

Save    
tony jelly

In another attempt to show that anti-Israel is not anti-Semitic, have a read of the link. I know in advance that there are several here who will not read it as they prefer the comfort of their misinformation.

LINK

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Omar apologized.

(Any of you Trump supporters see the reports of Pelosi being angry about her thinking?)

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

The corrupting influence of money in politics is a common topic: The Kochs, NRA, Mercers, Wall Street, and of course, dark money.

Soros can be vilified with impunity, even falsely accused of collaborating with Nazis as a child, but AIPAC cannot be criticized.

The rapture-ready crowd loves Netanyahu . . .

2 Likes Save    

Just saw this - murkier & murkier:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson

Seth Abramson

Verified account

@SethAbramson

Attorney. Professor @UofNH. @NYTimesbestselling author. Writer @Newsweek. Proof of Collusion: https://tinyurl.com/y9gcsgdt . Analysis @CNN, @BBC &c.

I'm Jewish. I love my fellow Jews. I have a neutral disposition toward Israel. But I'm not a liar—and won't lie for Jews/Israel. After countless hours of research for Proof of Conspiracy, I've concluded that Israel may have sought to influence the 2016 election as much as Russia.

1/ I think Mueller believes this also—which is why he originally aimed to charge Papadopoulos with being an unregistered agent of Israel. An open question is how successful the Israeli op was and to what extent it leads straight to the office of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

2/ The approaches from Israeli government-linked agents to the Trump campaign are legion. The intermediaries are legion. The meetings are legion. The lies told about the meetings are legion. And these are the *same* investigative patterns that we see in the Trump-Russia cover-up.

3/ The number of entities involved in pre-election outreach to Trump is huge, and all are "Israeli business intel" outfits whose employees are near-universally former IDF (maybe current IDF) and specifically MI: Black Cube, Wikistrat, Psy-Group, Terrogence, Inspiration, and more.

4/ All these companies are connected in some way to social media manipulation tech and cyber-espionage—some via their outfits, some via ops adjacent to their outfits. They reached out directly to Trump aides, hitting on Gates, Kushner, Papadopoulos, Don Jr., Flynn, and 2+ others.

5/ We know there was coordination between some of these firms and Trump's data firm, Cambridge Analytica. We know two of these firms offered pre-election social media manipulation to Don Jr. and he said yes. We know at least two of the firms coordinated with the Saudi Arabia/UAE.

6/ And we know that top aides to Benjamin Netanyahu were involved. And not tangentially—centrally. We know their names. We know who they were communicating with within Trumpworld and when (spoiler—pre- and post-election). And we know Netanyahu is a corrupt politician (Google it).

7/ We know the motive: to help Trump win, because Trump would then drop sanctions on Russia, and Russia would in turn agreed to stop aiding Iran, which would then allow a new pro-US, pro-Israel geopolitical alliance to emerge in the Middle East: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Bahrain.

8/ I'm saying this now because I'm a Jew and because no one can accuse me of hating Israel. There are many, *many* Trump-Russia analysts who've uncovered similar information about what Netanyahu—to be clear, him and not the people of Israel—appears to have done in 2015 and 2016.

9/ I'm also saying this *now* to underscore that the Trumps hiring an attorney who already represents one of the chief Israeli figures in the Mueller investigation, Joel Zamel, is to those of us who've written books on Trump-Russia a five-alarm fire in terms of witness tampering.

10/ Every story we're seeing (particularly overseas) says that Mueller has had agents talk to every one of these Israeli firms, often in Israel, and that he is closing in on how Israeli engagement(s) with the Trumps pre-election fits in with—yes—Manafort and Kilimnik's collusion.

CONCLUSION/ Media needs to *effing stop it* with these false stories implying Mueller is almost done. The level of complexity of the Mueller probe is obvious to *anyone* with an investigative or legal background who has done deep-dive research. Let Mueller take the time he needs.

NOTE/ I want to underscore, again, that just as Putin and the Kremlin are not the Russia people, Netanyahu's corrupt government is *not* the people of Israel. I think—based on research, not animus—that Netanyahu is a major Trump-Russia villain, and in being so he's failed Israel.

https://www.sethabramson.net/bio

Save    
chijim

Ilhan Omar, AIPAC and the Democrats: Party rushes to defend Israel lobby against one woman

Democrats scourge one of their own over a poorly phrased tweet, but barely seem to notice Trump's racist insults

Sophia Tesfaye

February 12, 2019 12:00PM (UTC)

The year is still young, but so far
the mainstream media has clearly demonstrated that it remains
ill-equipped to recognize obviously bad-faith attacks promulgated by the
right-wing. And Democrats, perhaps most troubling, still appear unable
and unwilling to fight back — just as another presidential campaign
cycle in the era of fake news begins to ramp up.

First, selectively edited clips of
Virginia Democrats discussing a proposed bill to extend access to
late-term abortion was used by anti-choice groups last month to falsely
claim that the commonwealth’s executive, Gov. Ralph Northam, endorsed
infanticide. He had done no such thing. But instead of fact-checking and investigating the controversy, many outlets uncritically reported the manufactured outrage thereby establishing a link, at least rhetorically, between the horrendous act of killing a newborn and the Democratic Party.

To continue: https://www.salon.com/2019/02/12/ilhan-omar-aipac-and-the-democrats-party-rushes-to-defend-israel-lobby-against-one-woman/

1 Like Save    
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More