Texas Official Calls AOC a Bimbo

dublinbay z6 (KS)

The jerks just don't go away, do they!

--------------------------------------

"A Texas city council member has apologized after calling Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez a “bimbo.”

Scott Dunn, a city council member in Richardson, TX, a suburb of Dallas, responded to one of Ocasio-Cortez’s tweets, using his personal account to write, “The embarrassment is to have bimbos like you with nothing between your ear." Yeah, he forgot the s in ears.

[. . .]

The fact that it is a blatantly sexist insult is troubling, but not exactly surprising. A quick Twitter search of “Alexandria Ocasio Cortez” and “bimbo” reveals several accounts (many of whom appear to be white, right-leaning men) who refer to Ocasio-Cortez as a “bimbo” in response to her calls for fighting climate change to simply existing and expressing a political voice.

Dunn’s tweet quickly garnered backlash. Richardson Mayor Paul Voelker condemned Dunn’s tweet in a statement, writing that the tweet was “not one befitting an elected representative of our diverse and multifaceted community.”

Dunn issued a standard-issue “I’m sorry you were offended” apology on his Facebook page, which is no longer accessible to the public.

[. . .]

It is far from the first time Ocasio-Cortez has faced right-wing sexism in her political career. In January, a Twitter account that appeared to be affiliated with QAnon, a right-wing conspiracy group, posted a video of her participating in a viral dance meme while in a college in an attempt to smear her legitimacy as a congresswoman. (It didn’t work.) Ocasio-Cortez has also been the subject of shaming and rumors regarding her clothes, her smiles (or lack thereof), and the fact that she happens to be a young Puerto Rican woman in Congress.

Ocasio-Cortez has yet to respond to Dunn’s statement, likely due to the fact she has much more important things to deal with. But, based on her past Twitter owns, chances are good she could eviscerate him...if she feels like it."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-faces-wing-203000718.html

----------------------------

I doubt if Dunn registers with Ocasio-Cortez as little more than an irritating mosquito, but it is still aggravating that women in public are picked on, as women, by jerks like the male city council member.

Kate

SaveComment122Like7
Comments (122)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chi

What an idiot. Their obsession with her is remarkable.

3 Likes Save    
dragonflywings42

Fear responses are variations on fight, flight, or feeze when one feels threatened. AOC certainly scares people like this guy who see in her the end of their smug superiority over anyone they consider unworthy of their respect. He represents the typical playground bully that never evolved or matured, but somehow managed to get into a city council position because behavior like this is allowed and often rewarded.

2 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

What? She's a bimbo! But yeah, he shouldn't have said it in public.

1 Like Save    
GOD

Definitely a case of it takes one to know one

6 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Congratulations, Scott Dunn, city council member of Richardson, TX. This may be the only statement of yours ever heard by the rest of the country. No need to wonder what is between your ears.

7 Likes Save    
Rina

It takes real stupidity to apply the word bimbo to a 29-year-old cum laude graduate who is the youngest woman ever to win a congressional seat. Words have meanings. That is no bimbo. Actually, it's such a sexist word I don't think it should be applied to any woman -- but that's another matter.

20 Likes Save    
judeNY_gw

She would not be so well-known and having her every word and action reported without the unrelenting attention of the real bimbos and their moron men.

7 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

They are obsessed with her youth and fighting spirit. I love it!

11 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Ollie

"AOC is not qualified for a congressional seat-and all who voted for her will be sorry they wasted their time on her, in due time."

Hoot! Trump is not qualified to be president and all who voted for him should be sorry they wasted their time on him, in due time......hopefully with Mueller's or the House reports, but even if they find the worst we know it won't matter to Trumpers.....so quite amusing they have such disdain for AOC. So, who's worse for the country....Trump or AOC?......no contest!

8 Likes Save    
blfenton

It might have been in response to this tweet from her

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

✔@AOC

Why should I be “spirited and warm” for this embarrassment of a #SOTU?

Tonight was an unsettling night for our country. The president failed to offer any plan, any vision at all, for our future.

We’re flying without a pilot. And I‘m not here to comfort anyone about that fact.

Bold is mine. I like her sentiments.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/09/texas-councilman-called-ocasio-cortez-bimbo-twitter-hes-deleted-his-account/?utm_term=.1488cad52ffc

12 Likes Save    
olliesmom(7)

Joanie, you have got to be kidding! As bad as you think Trump is...AOC is a TOTAL basket case!

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

OH, no one is upset, afraid or obsessed with this woman.

What IS frightening, is that she controls so many democrats and so many are willing to hitch to her psycho incompetent star in order to hurt President Trump, his supporters, and this country.

4 Likes Save    
Chi

Let's see, Trump is responsible for losing thousands of kids, shutting down the government for a month and causing hardship for almost a million families....and AOC says stuff on Twitter. And AOC is worse?

17 Likes Save    
GOD

And there they go! Neither the trumpsters in real life or the ones here can stop talking about her.

upset, afraid or obsessed nails them!

8 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Stan Areted

OH, no one is upset, afraid or obsessed with this woman.

What IS frightening, is that she controls so many democrats and so many are willing to hitch to her psycho incompetent star in order to hurt President Trump, his supporters, and this country

-------

You Trumpers are too funny......you hitched yourselves to, and are totally controlled by, a criminal incompetent reality TV star for the highest office in the land. AOC is a minor player, at best.

12 Likes Save    
Rina

Chi, AOC, from what I've seen, says articulate stuff on twitter. There's another difference.

Stan, obsessed with her the right certainly has been ever since she shot to national prominence in the news. Don't be disingenuous about that. As for afraid, you immediately talk about what is frightening. That sounds like afraid to me. But it's ridiculous. She controls people? I don't think so. She puts forward her left-wing viewpoint, strongly and vigorously. Those who agree can support her, those who don't, need not. I suspect that Democrats aren't as easily controlled as Republicans.

And psycho? Would you care to define that, because it sounds very close to slander to me. She has a psychiatric history you're aware of? Do you mean affected by a psychosis, or psychopathic?

6 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

AOC is not qualified for a congressional seat-and all who voted for her
will be sorry they wasted their time on her, in due time.

cow farts.

AOC is dumber than a bowl of hair. But, she's got an ego the size of Montana and is happy to suck the oxygen out of the room for as long as possible.

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

What IS frightening, is that she controls so many democrats and so many
are willing to hitch to her psycho incompetent star in order to hurt
President Trump, his supporters, and this country.

Democrats are so weak and bereft of ideas that even some 2020 candidates are glomming onto her cow farts.

Save    
catticusmockingbird

Whoever said a day of rants and screeching was spot on; it's not even noon.

6 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl(9b)

You can just tell the people who scare the republicans. They get called names. Ocasio-Cortez is a contender. She will eat that idiot's lunch.

In the meantime, he should resign for his sexist comment.

9 Likes Save    
chase_gw

"an ego the size of Montana and is happy to suck the oxygen out of the room for as long as possible"

Sounds like the guy in the Oval Office to me.

14 Likes Save    
Chi

I think she's great. I think a lot of her stuff is not reasonable nor do I always agree, but I love that she's bringing new ideas and opening discussions about them. Republicans are the only ones who feel threatened by her.

16 Likes Save    
writersblock(9b/10a)

I think she's one smart cookie and I thank the RW for causing her to shoot to prominence so quickly. If it weren't for them, nobody would be getting hear her much.

11 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

What IS frightening, is that she controls so many democrats and so many
are willing to hitch to her psycho incompetent star in order to hurt
President Trump, his supporters, and this country.

What IS frightening is that you elected someone with a 5th grade vocabulary to run the country. So many fools, some who pretend to be independents, hitch to his brand of functional illiteracy, racism and treason to destroy our country.

Dumb fools all. We know you know it, don't care if you admit it.

13 Likes Save    
writersblock(9b/10a)

Oh, and of course everyone who manages to get a degree in International Relations and Economics from a place like Boston University is completely unqualified to do anything, as we well know. What a foolish way to prepare for elected office.

1 Like Save    
Rina

Becca: cow farts? And when Trump talks it's bull farts? Or do you reserve that kind of insult for women?

6 Likes Save    
Lily613

If the wingers weren't so damn scared of her they wouldn't be putting out threads and posts about AOC. Whatsamatter...someone with a real brain who's 45 years younger than your old man with dementia is getting attention?

9 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

I'm not scared of her.

I'm scared so many deluded people full of hate and vitriol back her.

Save    
enegiram

AOC is not qualified for a congressional seat-and all who voted for her will be sorry they wasted their time on her, in due time.

Who are you to say who is or isn't qualified to sit in Congress? What are you qualifications for stating something so stupid?

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

And I'm scared so many deluded people full of hate and vitriol back Trump.

10 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

You can just tell the people who scare the republicans. They get called names.

Well that explains why the left is so petrified of Trump.

2 Likes Save    
Lily613

The hatred and vitriol belong to and were started by tRump and his merry band of miscreants.

8 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

I don't call Trump names. He is what he is. No need to continually beat a dead horse.

That said, conservatives here mimc Trump's name-calling and add quite a few of their own at every opportunity.

7 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

You can just tell the people who scare the republicans. They get called names.

Well that explains why the left is so petrified of Trump.

Gross incompetence is scary. Trump is unfamiliar with the constitution. Is that okay with you? Obviously not Mrs because you didn't even vote for him!

3 Likes Save    
elvis

"Bimbo" was a poor choice of words, because although "bimbo" requires "good-looking" (which she is), it also requires "unintelligent" and/or "frivolous". She's not untelligent and she's dead serious, ROFLMAO!

So, no "bimbo". She's a gift! Keep on keeping on, O-C!

2 Likes Save    
steve2416

That is exactly the way I feel, Chi. We need fresh young ideas about so many things. Too many of us are stuck in the past and pretending that we are not destroying our grandchildren's future. This next generation or the one after will take the reins and maybe pull us back from disaster on climate change, gun control and birth control.

10 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

But redsox, contrary to the left, I've sat back and seen the good things he has done for this country. I will be voting for him in 2020.

aww gee elvis, I like Bimbo, she's giving blondes a good name.

3 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Her green deal proposal reads like a bimbo wrote it. Overuse of the words "totally" and "massive'.

Unless she's fixed it after taking it down from the website.

Only a bimbo would think that the internet isn't forever and she can lie about what was already posted to it!

Save    
chase_gw

Thankfully Mrs the majority of Americans don't agree with you that Trump is a good , much less great , President. Even a good number of Republicans say they would vote for someone other than him in 2020.

He has lost support in the States that gave him the Presidency while not picking up support in other States. People who supported him in 2016 abandoned him in 2018.

Aside from the majority of Americans not supporting Trump the Republican party is offering no solutions to the most pressing issue on the minds of Americans....healthcare.

7 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Gross incompetence is scary. Trump is unfamiliar with the constitution. Is that okay with you?

LOL! Obama violated the Constitution so many times with his pen and phone that he might as well have wiped with rear end with it.

Probably did. Many times.

Save    
mrskjun(9)

chase, it's almost two years until the next election. People will look at their choices and what they have to offer. My prediction is, Trump will be re-elected.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

My prediction is he won't even be in the running. If he is, the scandals surrounding him, the lack of healthcare solutions and a very real chance the economy turns down will defeat him.......never mind his hatefulness.

9 Likes Save    
cattyles

“LOL! Obama violated the Constitution so many times with his pen and phone that he might as well have wiped with rear end with it.

Probably did. Many times.”

There’s a really crude and angry tone among the trump apologists today.

Eta, not just today but lately.

18 Likes Save    
rhoder551 zone 9b-10

"LOL! Obama violated the Constitution so many times with his pen and
phone that he might as well have wiped with rear end with it.

Probably did. Many times."

Classy... Note to Becca... maybe next time, do a little proofreading before you post something like this.

10 Likes Save    
elvis

Yes, that was crude. Bad, bad Becca!

Save    
forreal

I'm surprised nobody here has called her that.

Oh, wait... Sigh. And some posters have the nerve to call themselves a feminist.

1 Like Save    
dockside_gw

^^^^^ and vulgar and crude. All those in addition to being easily bamboozled.

3 Likes Save    
forreal

Does anyone else see the irony of a member of cult45 claiming AOC controls democrats? Just me?

11 Likes Save    
elvis

Rina

Becca: cow farts? And when Trump talks it's bull farts? Or do you reserve that kind of insult for women?

Rina, Becca was quoting O-C. Those were O-C's words. ROFLMAO!

"We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren't sure that we'll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast,"

Save    
terrene(5b MA)

Steve - This next generation or the one after will take the reins and maybe pull
us back from disaster on climate change, gun control and birth control.

Regarding climate change, the next generation or the one after is too late. AOC is aware that we need to act on climate change urgently, thus the Green New Deal. And it actually should have been 30 or more years ago if we really wanted to avoid dire consequences.

Good for her, she is young, energetic, and smart, and it's her generation's future as well as that of the millenials and those coming down the pike that is at stake.

The older generations such as the boomers, who have benefited so much from the burning of fossil fuels, and yet will be dead and gone before the worst effects are felt (IF we're lucky) have an even greater responsibility to act. We owe the young people that much.

9 Likes Save    
blfenton

If Nancy Pelosi and/or any senior democrats wanted AOC to shut up, she wouldn't be talking. Chances are that closer to the Democratic debates and election, she will take a backseat and let others speak their voice. This is a good test for her and whether or not she is successful remains to be seen.

Personally, I think she's wasted in politics.

Save    
terrene(5b MA)

I guess we're now going to hear about "cow farts" over and over from those who think they're so clever but actually sound like 5th graders.

It's called "enteric fermentation" and ruminants such as cows, buffalo, goats, and other grazers produce copious amounts of methane CH4 as part of their natural digestive process, and it involves more burping than farting.

Methane is a minor, although powerful greenhouse gas.

Between enteric fermentation and manure management, livestock production is responsible for the largest proportion of human-generated methane.

https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/overview-greenhouse-gases#methane

8 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Still cow farts terrene.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Cow farts and burps still contains methane.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Personally, I think she's wasted in politics.

Right. Broadway, perhaps?

I guess we're now going to hear about "cow farts" over and over from those who think they're so clever but actually sound like 5th graders.

So you think O-C sounds like a 5th grader. Huh.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Are you going to communicate to the great American Public with the words enteric fermentation (say what???) or the more fun Cow farts. Both are true and accurate. If you are trying to catch the attention of the Attention deficit generation you are going to say...…?

I have been wondering what a female person has to do in their lives to not be called a Bimbo? AOC has excelled all her life. Not enough?

10 Likes Save    
d_gw

That's what bullies do. Focus on something mildly embarrassing and torture people with it.

6 Likes Save    
forreal

While ignoring the completely ignorant and often embarrassing statements by those they support.

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Gee, you finally get the hypocrisy? Thought it would never happen.

Save    
d_gw

Most people don't consider Trump's lies, bullying and fraud to be mildly embarrassing. Mildly embarrassing is walking on a plane with TP stuck to your shoe.

3 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

What is wrong with cow farts? Any remotely Green person knows about methane emissions from feed lots being amazingly high. Do we keep eating beef even if the planet is tanked for human life? Remember your precious pets are going down as well. Think about your cats and dogs. No more cute cat videos. Hecky foo-no more videos. Anyone conservative getting we will go the way of the Dodo? Our civilizations will fall. You do know that has happened before so don't pretend you just cant imaging being Machu Picchu or Pueblo Bonito only on a global scale.

3 Likes Save    
terrene(5b MA)

Okay, so cow farts is catchy and fun to say, it's just not that accurate:

"Most of the CH4 byproduct is belched by the animal, however, a small percentage of CH4 is also produced in the large intestine and passed out as flatulence."

Also apparently they are working on a supplement that can be added to the livestock feed to reduce enteric fermentation, so that part of livestock production may be addressed effectively in the future:

"Asparagopsis taxiformis is a species of algae that can substantially reduce methane emissions when added to cattle feed."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enteric_fermentation

2 Likes Save    
elvis

That's what bullies do. Focus on something mildly embarrassing and torture people with it.

Since O-C doesn't read here, does that mean that you are embarrassed for her or feeling bullied on her behalf? Really?

1 Like Save    
d_gw

elvis

Since O-C doesn't read here, does that mean that you are embarrassed for her or feeling bullied on her behalf? Really?

-----

And there is another favorite bullying tactic. Putting words in people's mouths and then try to shame them with your assumptions.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Thanks for your last 2 posts. You don't mind if I use them in the future, I take it. They just may come in handy for similar situations, if you know what I mean ;D

1 Like Save    
Becca Reese

Rats. Chastised.

Second-hand bullying is real ;-) We need a march for it.

2 Likes Save    
catticusmockingbird

Vulgar and crude. Don't even have to look to see who wears those badges. It is a daily occurrence.

Houzz sure knows how to pick 'em .

4 Likes Save    
cait1

@ chase

My prediction is he won't even be in the running. If he is, the scandals surrounding him, the lack of healthcare solutions and a very real chance the economy turns down will defeat him.......never mind his hatefulness.

ROFL Saved!!

AOC brings much needed comic relief to the Kabuki Theater called Congress.

2 Likes Save    
greenleaf_organic(8, TX)

The left is quite deft at bullying. From the intended chilling effects of political correctness to antifa bullies, isn't it evident? Then of course there are the character assassinations of anyone who gets in their way. They love to bludgeon with unproven accusations of racism for example (which I think is really just them projecting)

3 Likes Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

I've said it before but it deserves to be repeated: When you support an amoral, unfeeling and corrupt serial pathologic liar there is really nothing you can say that deserves to be listened to. The comments here are a perfect illustration of the level to which Trump's followers are capable of sinking. I'm ashamed that this is the caliber of too many American people.

16 Likes Save    
Linda

I hope Richardson has has the sense to vote Mr. Dunn out. I wonder if he's got any grey matter between his ear.

2 Likes Save    
judeNY_gw

ingrid I "liked" your post but just wanted to say I am not "ashamed that this is the caliber of too many American people". That's on them. They should be ashamed.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Oh, lots of angry finger pointing and trashing of people that don't agree.

How intolerant and mean.

Meh.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Get serious! Just because someone disagrees with me does not mean they are right or above criticism.

Kate

3 Likes Save    
forreal

The hypocrisy is really stunning.

Conservatives calling AOC a bimbo. Totally fine.

Liberals referencing the fact that Melania married for money and not love (as she told us) and we're labeled as haters.

How does one have a rational conversation with people like this?

3 Likes Save    
Lily613

If AOC is a bimbo, what would Melania , the former nude porn lesbian model be called? Pray tell. Ever disparaging remark the wingers say about any one of our candidates can just be ignored because their leader exhibits every single form of bad behavior and will soon face charges as most of his "swamp" already has. The Right is so corrupt that it boggles one's mind how they can criticize anyone. Hypocrisy anyone?

2 Likes Save    
greenleaf_organic(8, TX)

Come come now. Remember when Bill Clinton's female victims were called bimbos? In fact it was termed bimbo eruption by Clintonian damage control coordinator Betsy Wright.

Save    
rhoder551 zone 9b-10

exactly.... that word needs to go into retirement, permanently.

1 Like Save    
Fárbauti

He's not wrong though.

Save    
artemis_ma

Actually, I've run into some male bimbos. They do exist.

I am not saying AOC is a bimbo, however. I simply think she has not enough background in economics nor in environmental issues to be taking on her version of the world as she apparently appears to want to do.

2 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

I simply think she has not enough background in economics nor in
environmental issues to be taking on her version of the world as she
apparently appears to want to do.

I agree. Her only background is bar tending and waiting tables. This is what happens when you hand a gun to a monkey.

3 Likes Save    
artemis_ma

Greenleaf: The left is quite deft at bullying. From the intended chilling effects of political correctness to antifa bullies, isn't it evident? Then of course there are the character assassinations of anyone who gets in their way. They love to bludgeon with unproven accusations of racism for example (which I think is really just them projecting)

Oh, please. ELEMENTS of the RW are just as handy at such behavior as ELEMENTS of the LW. I'm getting rather tired of having to point this out.

It's a personality type, one which can hang onto LW or RW viewpoints, depending on what happens. And then of course there are those who only listen to their own side about the other side...

1 Like Save    
artemis_ma

Farbauti.... I agree. Her only background is bar tending and waiting tables.

I figured this is something I should go verify, and you are correct. (I don't live in her district, thankfully...)

I do think people from all walks of life and occupations can function well and provide insight to our government, but in her case, she really did/does need to study economics and environmental issues, if she wants to speak so broadly about them. It is wishful thinking on her part, and she needs to step back and find a way to bring her background (which actually could be valuable) into an economic perspective, and to some really valuable environmental realities. She is no where near there yet, and I am not expecting it to happen. She's loving her Crowd Surge.

1 Like Save    
writersblock(9b/10a)

Artemis_ma, you do know she has a degree in Economics and International Studies, right? How much more Economics study do you think necessary? An MS, a PhD? If a degree isn't enough, I'd really like to know what would be. Just curious.

1 Like Save    
Fárbauti

I think the environmental issue is mostly a political pawn. Or at least it is treated as such by the left. I think we all want clean air, but the left seems interested mostly in destroying our economy and making the US subservient to international agreements. Not a peep about actual solutions to reduce carbon emissions in a manageable fashion. Rather than trying to figure out how to push people back to caveman days, why not drive for technologies that would allow us to maintain the standard of living and the independence we've worked so hard for? The poorest among us will get hit the hardest.

Save    
GOD

writersblock, she's more educated and way more smart that the people who are saying she isn't.

4 Likes Save    
Fárbauti

you do know she has a degree in Economics and International Studies,
right? How much more Economics study do you think necessary? An MS, a
PhD?

Theoretical knowledge not backed by actual practical experience is worth zilch in the real world. She's living proof of it.

2 Likes Save    
Becca Reese

Rather than trying to figure out how to push people back to caveman
days, why not drive for technologies that would allow us to maintain the
standard of living and the independence we've worked so hard for? The
poorest among us will get hit the hardest.

These solutions have been being worked on for decades and we've made so many strides and innovations, but AOC seems to think she's the first one to think of this. So, she threw together a sloppy, unrealistic, ridiculous proposal and wants to take credit for getting the conversation started and is waiting for proposals.

As if she has the intellect talent, experience and expertise to do it. She's a dilettante and wants other people to do the detail work and put in the sweat equity.

So, she's not educated in the environment, seems to know very little about economics, but tosses this colossal "deal" out there to make it seem that Americans haven't been working hard on and producing solutions until she came along.

1 Like Save    
judeNY_gw

It's interesting that the trumpsters opine that AOC should educate herself to the hilt before speaking as a lowly congresswoman but the know-nothing verbal vomit moron in the White House is good to go for president as is.

6 Likes Save    
cyn427(zone 7, Northern VA)

Have any of you naysayers actually read the full plan?

Save    

Senator Markey is supporter/partner in the plan as well.

Save    
elvis

Have any of you naysayers actually read the full plan?

If you mean the 14 page resolution, yes. In fact, I posted the npr link to it, and later MMG posted it as well. That was a couple of days ago, I think. It's a quick read. Do you want me to find the link again? I will.

ETA the link

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5729033-Green-New-Deal-FINAL

Save    
elvis

If a degree isn't enough, I'd really like to know what would be.

You. Aren't. Serious.

Having a marriage license doesn't make one an expert on marital matters, either. Puh-leeze.

Save    

Thanks, Elvis, but I have read it, too.

Save    
Save    
Lily613

The wingnuts are really starting to panic. I notice which candidates they are the most fearful of. Beto, Harris , Amy ,Biden if he declares. The big rumor is he will and run with Beto. Suck on that, wingers.

And yes, when you denigrate Harris for having a separated man as a boyfriend for years, don't get all sanctimonious of your FLOTUS who is exactly as I described her..a nude, lesbian, porn model. THAT'S your first lady but shudder, Michelle wore a dress that exposed her arms. Must be rough knowing that your 12-year-old son's classmates can google nude pictures of mommy. And do you think for one tiny moment that Melania would have married this fat homely man if he wasn't wealthy and stayed with him even after he slept with porn stars?

2 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

This reminds me of the people who are stuck on Barak Obama having been a Community Organizer and never give credit to anything else he ever did after that. It is a sort of selective blindness. I don't understand the need to be dismissive of the achievements of people who challenge their world view.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Oh, this is so informative and discerning and accurate (/sarcasm):

"Her [AOC] only background is bar tending and waiting tables. This is what happens when you hand a gun to a monkey."

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

For those who think the following is accurate - you need better sources of info:

"Not a peep about actual solutions to reduce carbon emissions in a manageable fashion. Rather than trying to figure out how to push people back to caveman days, why not drive for technologies that would allow us to maintain the standard of living and the independence we've worked so hard for? The poorest among us will get hit the hardest."

1 Like Save    
GOD

She's summa cum laude in economics...it's not like she's an accountant. She knows of what she speaks

Save    
Rina

Elvis, I'm fascinated with your analogy. How many years do you have to study for a marriage licence in the United Statess?

3 Likes Save    
forreal

Why are liberals expected to regard Melania Trump with respect, but it's ok for conservatives to not regard AOC with respect?

One is a woman who posed nude for money. She told us she married her husband for his money. When words that describe those acts are used, it is being disrespectful.

The other is educated, articulate and knowledgeable about what she speaks, and just happens to have not sold her body and soul for a payday. Yet conservatives call her a bimbo and seem to think that's not being disrespectful.

OK, then.

3 Likes Save    
VedaBeeps SoCal 9b/10a(9b/10)

And don’t forget, forreal, Trumpers said they supported him because he wasn’t part of the political machine and would shake things up. They liked the things about him and his lack of experience that they hate about her.

4 Likes Save    
forreal

Good point, Veda. There's just no end to the hypocrisy, is there?

1 Like Save    
catticusmockingbird

We've known for a long time there's no shortage of hypocrites in the GOP.

1 Like Save    
elvis

GOD

She's summa cum laude in economics...

Nope. She's got a Bachelor of Arts for "economics and international studies" having graduated cum laude, which is simply the lowest of the 3 distinctions for grades which were above average, usually 3.5 to 3.7. IOW, B+.She graduated with honors in 2011.

Save    
Stan Areted

So since 2011 what has Ocasio Cortez done, besides wait tables and bar tend, and making parody videos of herself dancing on a roof?

Save    
catkinZ8a

Lily613

The wingnuts are really starting to panic. I notice which candidates they are the most fearful of. Beto, Harris , Amy ,Biden if he declares. The big rumor is he will and run with Beto. Suck on that, wingers.

White males for the dem's POTUS/VP picks, perfect.

Save    
elvis

Wait for it, Stan: Low-end restaurant jobs. Most notably, she is a card-carrying member of the Democratic Socialists of America, which has its roots in the Socialist Party of America. I've heard her describe herself as "community organizer" but find no evidence of it. She was recruited by Brand New Congress, which spotted her at the Standing Rock protests. She was apparently the type of candidate they were looking for. They are coaching her along for their agenda. It is interesting.

1 Like Save    
Stan Areted

Elvis:

Wait for it, Stan: Low-end restaurant jobs. Most notably, she is a card-carrying member of the Democratic Socialists of America, which has its roots in the Socialist Party of America. I've heard her describe herself as "community organizer" but find no evidence of it. She was recruited by Brand New Congress, which spotted her at the Standing Rock protests. She was apparently the type of candidate they were looking for. They are coaching her along for their agenda. It isinteresting.

Say it ain't so, Elvis. Wow.

Appeal to her narcissism, her ethnicity, her socialism, and the puppetmasters have a loud mouthed little Manchurian Bartender Candidate all of their own.

Well at least we know what we're dealing with. She can go off the reservation unless they keep making her feel good about herself--and it takes a lot--a week ago she was one pouting little Princess!

1 Like Save    
elvis

I wonder if she was pretending to be Native American over at Standing Knee, I'll look into that.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Last week's most overlooked news was Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez revealing herself as a champion of the "Reconquista" war against Europeans. The Mexican Reconquista movement is an openly admitted effort by Hispanic activists to take "back" California (Southern especially), New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas through immigration and activism. This is one of several driving forces behind allowing illegal immigration.

Ocasio-Cortez (D-Venezuela) dominated news on February 7 appearing at a rally to abolish or defund the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency. The same day, Ocasio-Cortez joined other liberal Members of Congress in unveiling her "Green New Deal" (green evidently referring to envy, not the environment).

Almost lost amidst this furor were Ocasio-Cortez's comments that immigration laws should not apply to indigenous people: As reported in the UK's Daily Mail -- with full video shown:

But she vowed Thursday to defund ICE completely and claimed Latinos should be exempt from criminal proceedings and immigration laws because they are descended from Mesoamerican cultures that preceded the United States.

'We are standing on native land,' she claimed, speaking just outside the U.S. Capitol. 'And Latino people are descendants of native people. And we cannot be told, and criminalized, simply because for our identity or our status. Period.” [emphasis added]

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/02/alexandria_ocasiocortez__reconquistador.html#ixzz5fNoecFFV

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (still misses Sophie)(8a)

Appeal to her narcissism, her ethnicity, her socialism, and the puppetmasters have a loud mouthed little Manchurian Bartender Candidate all of their own.

-------

Appeal to his narcissism, his ethnicity, his facism, and the puppet masters have a loud mouthed little Manchurian Reality TV Actor Candidate all their own.

1 Like Save    
elvis

The thread's about O-C.

Save    
Stan Areted

ROTF, yes it is.

Save    

Well no, it's about the jerks who treat her like garbage because they don't agree with her politics.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Save    
rhoder551 zone 9b-10

Relax trumpeters... AOC might turn into a Repub. Look at Donnie, he used to be a Dem.

Save    
elvis

lindsey, they probably all treat her just fine. They're just not pulling any punches, and neither are we. She's not a delicate flower.

Save    
Stan Areted

They're just not pulling any punches, and neither are we. She's not a delicate flower.

What? Ocasio Cortez can dish it out but not take it?

SO much for equal rights, eh?

That woman is about as delicate as a freight train looking for an accident.

Save    

"lindsey, they probably all treat her just fine. "

elvis whether or not that is true, my point remains valid. The subject of this topic is the "jerks," not AOC. You're a grammar girl. You know I'm right. Lol

Save    
artemis_ma

Of course, Stan, Trump hasn't been able to demonstrate much ability to "take it", himself. I have no idea about AOC, whether she can "take it" or not, I suspect the freight train metaphor is right. That being said, I actually do think she's not very bright about either economics or the environment, and is hopefully getting a good reality adjustment.

PS, I really don't care if someone called AOC a bimbo. Pffft, much more serious issues out there than being called a name.

Save    
artemis_ma

Farbauti: I think the environmental issue is mostly a political pawn. Or at least it is treated as such by the left. I think we all want clean air, but the left seems interested mostly in destroying our economy and making the US subservient to international agreements. Not a peep about actual solutions to reduce carbon emissions in a manageable fashion. Rather than trying to figure out how to push people back to caveman days, why not drive for technologies that would allow us to maintain the standard of living and the independence we've worked so hard for? The poorest among us will get hit the hardest.

There are people working on it. They just don't get the media attention, as it is slow work, takes time and brainpower. Instead, we get media darlings like AOC. And dare I say it, that's how we got Trump.

Save