SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waverly6

Vacuum Sealers, built in or portable, Miele, Irinox Zero or what?

waverly6
5 years ago

Does anyone have the Miele vacuum drawer? What are your thoughts? Does it work well? Is it worth it? I was tempted when I saw it at the Miele showroom. I have had 2 Foodsaver vacuum which have not worked well. Plus it's stored in a closet in a different room as I don't have room in my micro kitchen. Now that I'm renovating I'm wondering about doing a built in. I will have room in the kitchen cabinets for it so it is closer but put away. I live at the coast so opened bags of chips, crackers and cookies ( which are always being opened for the many visitors) get soggy within hours.The Miele reseals commercial bags (like chips). I don't believe it can work for deep canning jars. I grow some of my own vegetables so I would like to can Plus I live 2 hours from the nearest Costco so when I get there to buy meat and fish, I buy in bulk to freeze. Also getting a Miele cso so will have a sous vide option.

Another option which I'm researching and had never seen is Zero which is much deeper and can do regular canning jars.

Anyone had any experience with either?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994