SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_572277885

ShipLap Color Color or Naw color!

Vanessa Valadez
5 years ago

We are currently building a reading nook for our home. I need help and advice on a color of shiplap. In the picture below for our inspiration the shiplap is white, however I want a pop of color. My kitchen and every major cabinet is white in my home, so I thought it would be nice to incorporate some color by changing the shiplap. Also my shiplap boards are 10inch wide and I want a very smooth finish. My thoughts are the 10inch smooth boards will modernize the shiplap look. Since my home is on the modern side with a bit of some old charm. I am leaning toward the color blue!!...I just need help choosing which tone/color of blue.

This is our inspiration...

This is what we have accomplished so far....

These are the colors I have been attracted to but go back and forth constantly.

Top color is Westcott Navy BM, Middle color is Blue Note BM, and bottom color is Hale Navy BM.....

This next color I just found recently and I might be leaning towards it, seems like a perfect blue grey color. I feel like a dark blue grey color might feel more neutral and give me more options to incorporate different colors and dimensions down the line. (picture does not do it justice)

Color Cyberspace SW

Some extra photos below of colors and textures in my home....

Quartz behind Hood Range (kitchen)

Shelves (kitchen) same shelves will be in my built in nook

Light will go in Built in nook

Couch color and texture

PLEASE help! very indecisive!!!

Comments (9)