SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kazmom1

Machines on pedestals?

kazmom
5 years ago

Do you like your machines on pedestals? Any downside? Are they hard to service? We are in the middle of planning a basement laundry remodel (finishing the unfinished basement laundry area) and originally I had planned to put a counter over the machines at regular height for a folding area, but with the GC’s plan it looks like we can fit about a 33” cabinet with counter beside the dryer. Given that, I am now thinking maybe put the machines on pedestals as it seems they would be more user friendly without all the bending. Thoughts? Does 33” seem like a big enough folding area? I could still do the machines at regular height with the counter in addition to the counter beside the dryer, but that gives something like 7‘ of combined counter which seems unnecessary.

I was thinking maybe put the short, deep over the refrigerator cabinets over the raised machines and then a bar over the counter area for hanging. The cabinets would have to be for infrequently used items as they would be so high, but that is fine, I have plenty of those! The sink will be in a little alcove on the other side of the machines.

Comments (8)