SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniel_bujak

Living Room / Kitchen Design Ideas

Dan
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all, I've had really great feedback on here in the past so I thought I'd ask for your help again. We're looking to update our main floor (kitchen, dining, living room). The plan to increase existing openings and update the floors, paint and kitchen.

The main question is what to do about the kitchen. We are planning on adding an island (3'x6') and run new vinyl plank flooring throughout the entire room. We are also considering replacing the back splash and countertops but don't have the budget to change the cabinets at this time.

We're looking for any input on what colour combinations would work well with what we have to work with. We were thinking a dark grey/black counter with a light grey/white backsplash. Also since we won't be able to match the island cabinets to the existing ones we were thinking of doing something a bit different there. Maybe dark cabinets with a light countertop or white cabinets with the same dark countertop as what we go with in the rest of the kitchen.

Basically we're finding the number of options overwhelming and are hoping to get some suggestions for colours for the island, countertops and wall paint that work with the new flooring and existing kitchen cabinets.

Here are some pictures of the current condition and some design ideas we have come up with.

Current state:

New flooring:

Concept for colours + layout

Comments (7)