SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
positively_patty

Overhaul the outside of my house please...

positively_patty
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

There are so many ways I am wanting to update the house. Long story short, I hated it when I moved in, but it has grown on me as we have done little fixes. I am stuck on the outside though.

In the front and part of the sides it is brick and some of it is painted for accents (built that way in 1977). The pool bathroom is white siding. The back and one side is cinder block like and painted white.

My husband is due to be laid off in March and we may end up moving with a job so we really don't want to do omething expensive, but whether we stay or go we would like the house to look nice. I have thought a lot about painting and am trying to go pat the "You don't paint brick" idea. Unless some kind of stucco is about as cheap as paint I really don't see that happening.

The roof needs to stay. The garage door most likely needs to stay as well. Unfortunately I don't like to color of the garage door (it matches some of the brick). I really prefer white.

I really want something "fresh".

Whatever we do I know we need some landscaping help and I would like to make an outdoor room under the patio.

You don't need to say anything

about weeds, trash, dirt on the walls etc. That is all maintenance stuff we are working on.

I know my wants may be totally unrealistic given I don't want to replace the shingles, garage door and stucco. Please just consider this and see if there is something you can see doing that I can't see.

If you look there to the right, behind the fence you can see the pool bath that is painted white siding.

here is a close up of the brick work.

I bought this bird bath as inspiration for my patio and the cushions to go with them.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County