SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roy_gutierrez92

Finishing attic Remodel -

Roy
5 years ago

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, was getting a message that the post couldn't be found when I tried to Edit the post!

I want to finish an attic, apart from me using this house I plan to airbnb my place from time to time. The attic right now is a big space totally empty apart from the brick chimney going to the roof (which I have an option to take out, since it's not needed anymore, does add some character though) and one 4 inch metal pipe going to the roof (I think it's needed but will verify, might be able to relocate). I will like to add a small full bath with a stand up shower.

I'm attaching the dimensions:

- the red circle is where the sewer line is located so prefer the bathroom in that area (especially the toilet)

- typed in green the main entrance, the other entrance on the other side I won't make it accessible.

- the wall with the 141" dimension (blue lines) faces the backyard and I forgot to draw the 3 windows there (around the center of that space, you can see them in the picture)

These are the goals:

- have a full bath that doesn't take a lot of space to maximize the number of beds that fit in there.

- even though I would love an open space as 1 big bedroom, I want an alternate design that also creates a small bedroom (Might be a good idea in the back, where the 141" wall and windows are at?)

So basically design a bathroom for the space to try to keep a big space to put beds but give me the option to be able to create a wall and easily create a small bedroom and the rest of the space can either be like a small living room or a second bedroom (maybe make the bathroom a Jack and Jill?).

Thank you very much in advance!

Comments (7)