SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luigi_lake

How many hours of LED grow lights for variegated monstera?

L Lake
5 years ago

Hi there!

TL:DR: Does anyone have any ideas of how long a young var. monstera should be under an LED grow light? I currently have it under THIS GROWLIGHT for a 6.5 hour timer.

I purchased a Thai constellation variegated monstera about 3 weeks ago. It arrived in the mail in quite bad condition (out of the three leaves it has, one leaf broke off in transport, another was crumpled, and it just wasn't looking that great), and it is still quite young (only about 10 to 12 inches at its tallest, and no fenestrations yet).

So far, it seems like it's holding on alright. I potted it in a 5-1-1 mix and I have a humidifier in the room. Because I am located in Boston (Zone 6) where it's currently winter, I decided today to put it under an LED grow light. Knowing that these plants may be susceptible to burning under direct sunlight, I'm a little cautious as to how long I should keep the plant under the LED grow light. As of right now, I have it on a timer for only 6 hours, and I'm thinking I can slowly increase the time it's on over a couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas of how long a young var. monstera should be under an LED grow light? This is the grow light I'm using SANSI 15W Full Spectrum Grow Light.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!